What are your current feelings about GLU and TSB 20?

TheFullMonteTheFullMonte Registered Users, Member 1,589 Posts
See title of post

What are your current feelings about GLU and TSB 20? 76 votes

LOVE IT: I love TSB and will continue to play and spend money
9%
Bigpredfanfahhq2maddmaxx67PADRESSUCK619JCAM80MoenPDCshopwhat 7 votes
LIKE IT: I like TSB, but wont spend money
9%
Grizzly99sullipa8mancov2001Tdub71Thekid84spotjerrye23 7 votes
MAEH: I like the game, but wish they would fix some things
28%
dudeguyrlphillpleeman11redlegs2018uSandpiperswhammo911MulderkenmanbearpuigJudgeBiceson44mpimen007LondonBoyLinco32cb11mythicaldragonsilkyhotshots1994EXPOSsucios08ugandadawgsSloopy 22 votes
UPSET: I'm fed up with all the box scams, glitches and idiotic responses from CS
39%
Cooz19LudwigMonstermatt_sacketttshea510slafrance2JEDDDOGGYspoomanaaronchennCOWPILEYlikenightUncleB238TheHolyGhostfowlerc23FrankTheTank04Agulierspeedadhdhitman97inersGordonBombayjalapenocubbiesMillecors 30 votes
RAGE: I will actively cheer the morning I wake up and the app no longer works because these crooks have gone bankrupt
13%
ProbodybuilderItsouttahere2TheLegend17TBWepaBlackFang4tacobravesscottsmith744TheFullMonteEProspectPhilsepotts56 10 votes
Prev13

Comments

• TheFullMonteTheFullMonte Registered Users, Member 1,589 Posts
    RAGE: I will actively cheer the morning I wake up and the app no longer works because these crooks have gone bankrupt
    One Poll Only Please
  • matt_sackettmatt_sackett Registered Users, Member 1,540 Posts
    edited April 2020
    UPSET: I'm fed up with all the box scams, glitches and idiotic responses from CS
    Glu can kiss my lilly white ass...ok debby you can delete my response now.

also glu customer service is a bunch of moronic shitbags.
    Nothing in life is as beautiful as the Balsamic thread.

• navyjack77navyjack77 Registered Users, Member 1,299 Posts

You just better hope they don’t  revoke your VIP of the month award. 😝 
  • cooldowncanadacubscooldowncanadacubs Registered Users, Member 643 Posts
    Not actually upset, but Glu needs to step up. The boxes are trash and their CS is a bunch of dishrags
  • COWPILEYCOWPILEY Registered Users, Member 825 Posts
    Not fun. Tired of losing but have nowhere near the resources to go gold after 3 weeks. Probably wouldn’t play if I wasn’t locked in my cage. 
  • BigpredfanBigpredfan Registered Users 3,306 Posts
    When I say “spend money”, I don’t mean at the same rate as I have in the past. I’ve spent about $45 this year so far, and $15 of that was for Field Pass this week to move to gold. 

Recency bias I think comes into play a lot with polls like these. There have been a lot of positives this year that shouldn’t be overlooked when thinking of your answer, including the carryover of all-star tickets. 
  • Cooz19Cooz19 Registered Users 1,256 Posts
    Each box I buy, I will get one of the shit rewards far more often than the stated odds. Just today, I purchased enough to get a total of six 400 gold boxes, and I landed Zach Wheeler (17% odds) five times (85% results). Last time, it was Garver. Two others who are entirely forgettable came en masse before that. My sixth box was 400 xp, which is maybe the least valuable prize per gold this developer has ever issued (except woh boosts, of course). 

Does it need to be pointed out no one in the game would spend 400 gold for an 85% chance at a 4-star player? Or that something is clearly broken if you expect a 17% payout and it reaches 85%?

Clearly, whatever mechanism they use to balance stuff out in the game isn't working. That destroys the UX, and it absolutely should not take multiple WEEKS to get it fixed. Take your choice, it's either a scam based in greed or a scam based in incompetence. Either way is unfortunate, because I just want to be a part of an enjoyable and reasonable game with a fun community. 
  • MattattackMattattack Registered Users 1,971 Posts

You just better hope they don’t  revoke your VIP of the month award. 😝 
     :#  That would be a plot twist 
    edited April 2020
    so be it.  But for the record I wont ever be "VIP of the Month" im not worthy of something like that and id probably be just as shitty.

• Tdub71Tdub71 Registered Users, Member 1,876 Posts
    I still like the game, and will continue to play, but changes do need to be made soon.  I will not spend a red cent, though.  I still have ads, after spending to AS level 16 last season.  If the game continues as-is for much longer, my opinion will likely change.
  • SandpipersSandpipers Registered Users, Member 1,327 Posts
    I voted meh because I’m way past upset/rage, I’m at a don’t care stage, and really been that way for some time. I get appalled at what they do to some people, the bait and switch stuff, the lack of CS for so many and the straight up nonsense that continues year after year. If you’ve played long enough, you’ll know there’s a pattern to this crap...every season starts off a similar way with our high expectations and their abysmal delivery...the push for us to level up way more quickly than we want, the crap box results so that we buy way more than we intend, the continued glitches in the app with some carried over from previous years (plural, years), the extreme difficulty to win in most events or modes, etc etc. Then slowly these things that anger so many eventually get dialed back (coupled with guys having leveled their teams to gold or beyond), new and better players are released and people start having fun again...although as we know some of the crap continues to next year... The friendships that develop in clubs and the chase is what keeps many to keep going....but as of this morning my little club has gone on hiatus, despite the lockdown, coz we just aren’t motivated to slog thru the nonsense anymore...
    It's all done with mirrors
    Make Matt Great Again
    F that...just stop taking my fuc**ing gold because your app sucks so bad you cant gold boost.

F that...just stop taking my fuc**ing gold because your app sucks so bad you cant gold boost.
    I’m sure GLU will get back to you in about 17 days to resolve this
  • jalapenocubbiesjalapenocubbies Registered Users, Member 1,057 Posts
    I don’t think the answer description is totally accurate for me but I think “upset” is correct. I personally don’t think boxes are a scam, frustrating? Absolutely. But we all know the odds are horrendous but we keep buying them. Trust me, I’m pulling 5 stars at maybe a 1-2% clip this year and haven’t gotten any of the bullshit foil players besides Judge who is worthless already at this point in the game. Customer Service and their constant different answers, the things you pay for not working correctly (cvc subscription, Sanchez issue), and just how they are going about it this early in the season. WOH difficulty and the crappy odds to begin with on the boxes (even though we know the odds). I can’t win prime games, BG, or tourney games, so making WOH impossible leaves me no reason to play. With that said, my spending and playing is cut to a fraction of what it was last season. If they ever fix it, I’d probably come back and play more but for now, they’ve left me absolutely no reason to even try. 
  • fahhq2fahhq2 Registered Users, Member 850 Posts
    edited April 2020
    Just gonna mimmic my bestie @Bigpredfan from now on cuz remember, we are all in this vote together😘
    WOH difficulty and the crappy odds to begin with on the boxes (even though we know the odds).
    Not to undermine your opinion by only highlighting this clip of it, but we don't know the odds. We know what they tell us the odds are. My experience so far this year, the posted odds are mathematically impossible to justify. 
    fahhq2 said:
    Just gonna mimmic my bestie @Bigpredfan from now on cuz remember, we are all in this vote together😘
    We're not all together in your beef with him. Maybe just mute him. Trust me, I know the uselessness of thread to thread wars with people on here. Don't waste people's time. 
  • retirepujolsretirepujols Registered Users, Member 4,855 Posts
    Yes. 
    "It's amazing how much work you can put in without gangly-ass legs in the way" - Sir Tdub71
    Yes. 
    It wasn’t a yes or no question...
    Yes. 
    It wasn’t a yes or no question.....
    Well not with an attitude like that it isnt
  • BigpredfanBigpredfan Registered Users 3,306 Posts
    Cooz19 said:
    fahhq2 said:
    We're not all together in your beef with him. Maybe just mute him. Trust me, I know the uselessness of thread to thread wars with people on here. Don't waste people's time. 
    How does this work?  Do I pop popcorn when I’m in the conversation?
  • TyroneEastwoodTyroneEastwood Registered Users, Member 424 Posts
    Upset. Two things. 1. Game difficulty is absolutely disgusting and it's killing the little bit of fun I was having. My team strength is 100k+ and It took me 10+ times to beat woh yesterday....while all my buddies at diamond walked through it after a restart or 2, using a player not as highly ranked as mine. 
    2. Field pass rewards. What even is that? You guys serious? What a slap in the face
    3. I don't mind the boxes. The boxes are the same as 19, just with worse players. But why the different skills now on foil vs not? 
    4. Whooever is supervising the game devs needs to be shit canned
    5. Why does target bash push the ball when I swing early? 
    6. That about covers it
    7. Made you read this for no reason 
  • TyroneEastwoodTyroneEastwood Registered Users, Member 424 Posts
    8. Why the **** do I get matched against the Houston astros in bonus games 
    Yes. 
    It wasn’t a yes or no question...
    then no

• rmouse511rmouse511 Registered Users, Member 185 Posts
    The game has shifted away from WOH for me. I only focused on building a solid WOH lineup in previous versions of the game. I now build my team to do well at Target Bash, Slugfest, and Cash HR Derby battles. If you don’t enjoy those events, and only play for WOH, the current version of the game is horrible. Hopefully they ease up the difficulty of WOH, because more people clearly enjoy that aspect of the game.
  • JTPASTORJTPASTOR Registered Users, Member 456 Posts
    rmouse511 said:
    The game has shifted away from WOH for me. I only focused on building a solid WOH lineup in previous versions of the game. I now build my team to do well at Target Bash, Slugfest, and Cash HR Derby battles. If you don’t enjoy those events, and only play for WOH, the current version of the game is horrible. Hopefully they ease up the difficulty of WOH, because more people clearly enjoy that aspect of the game.
    Agreed. It appears SF is the vehicle to team building and resource building this year. That and boxes. 
  • ShoveItUpYoenis2ShoveItUpYoenis2 Registered Users, Member 952 Posts
    This is how I feel Glu treats me everyday and I keep coming back for more:

• sullipa8sullipa8 Registered Users, Member 564 Posts
    I voted this way because I don’t spend money. I do like the game, but I definitely wish they would fix some things. The bugs that have existed for years are ridiculous. Customer service is a joke when you encounter these bugs. But the reason I don’t get upset or rage is because I don’t spend money. So what do I really have to get upset about? 
  • SandpipersSandpipers Registered Users, Member 1,327 Posts
    This is how I feel Glu treats me everyday and I keep coming back for more:

This absolutely made my day 😂😂😂
    It's all done with mirrors