Can GLU Be Held To Some Accountability?

Comments

• matt_sackettmatt_sackett Registered Users, Member 1,540 Posts
    I truly believe it
    Nothing in life is as beautiful as the Balsamic thread.

• luv4allmusikluv4allmusik Registered Users, Member 82 Posts
    I truly believe it
    I have gotten to know DFBB over the past couple of years, and he has helped me often, as he is extremely knowledgeable about the game. I also know that he plays probably more than any other player. He has also fought hard to keep this a clean game and he does not cheat. I believe his current ‘20 team is still only at bronze. If he cheated, I would think he would have a high ranking diamond team. You called him specifically out on the reviews, so what are you basing your cheating accusations on?
  • cb11cb11 Registered Users, Member 341 Posts

• Cooz19Cooz19 Registered Users 1,256 Posts
    I'm glad I came back. I somehow got the feeling I was on my own in these experiences. 

I get why they might ramp up difficulty on woh (which isn't even accurate, woh isn't "hard" in an execution way. It's unlikely the outcome will be favorable for reasons that are essentially out of your control). On my own accord, I went big into HR Battles and I enjoy that. More skill (timing, experience) than luck (opponent). Sometimes you win, sometimes your kid is singing the Vampirina theme song loudly enough you miss five in a row and laugh your way to like 700 points. But your future success or failure is not dependent on your predetermined odds in that round.

When every other mode is clearly slanted heavily against you (I lost 15 of 18 BGs and my game rewards were 16 BGs and 2 late round picks for a combined total of 176 xp), and you don't gain much of anything either way, what's the point? 

Yes, I can quit, and I probably will. But I got furloughed at work, and I'm just looking for a distraction from my reality, which seems to be, at best, remaining healthy enough to eventually get laid off and look for work in the least-friendly jobs market since the building of the pyramids. 
    edited April 2020
    I remember a certain club level glitch that was going on..but will be denied.

Net net is the game is full of them.

If I could figure it out I probably would too. We all should, glu is cheating us with a shitty product..so More power to the cheaters. 

• DFBBDFBB Registered Users, Moderators, Member, Moderator 6,602 Posts
    I truly believe it
    I have gotten to know DFBB over the past couple of years, and he has helped me often, as he is extremely knowledgeable about the game. I also know that he plays probably more than any other player. He has also fought hard to keep this a clean game and he does not cheat. I believe his current ‘20 team is still only at bronze. If he cheated, I would think he would have a high ranking diamond team. You called him specifically out on the reviews, so what are you basing your cheating accusations on?
    I appreciate the comments, but considering the things we have going on in the world, I'm not going to get caught up with such petty things. If guys want to think I cheat, that's their prerogative.
    If you're not having fun, you're losing.
  • TheFullMonteTheFullMonte Registered Users, Member 1,589 Posts
    I'm gonna be "that guy" for a minute. You know, the one that posts in a forum of a game they're not playing claiming some level of enlightenment that has helped them move on from the shame that is grinding TSB. I could come in here and say I'm just done with all this. I built the team I wanted in 19 and that's where it ends for me without even considering the motivations of Glu. A couple good points have been made in this thread which point to things we should all already know about how Glu makes changes.

But the real reason, I think, is that it just isn't fun for the amount of time that will be required to get back to where I was in 19. I just don't have it in me regardless of the circumstances. And if I'm totally honest that makes me kind of sad cause it was an enjoyable experience most times. I'm still content grinding bg's and tourney in 19 even with Monday WOH in it's current state. Partly because I like it and have still some personal goals to achieve and also partly out of spite.

As far as what is happening in 19 I think we need to take a step back and consider that there actually are real people that flip switches and mash buttons at Glu and the possibility that maybe some of them either aren't working as much or have actually gotten sick is very real. I'm near 100% sure it's a manual process in some fashion to convert Monday's WoH to HoF since weekend Royale became a thing and there are various reasons why it hasn't switched back. Bottom line, you make your own fun and if it crosses a line where that is no longer an option then moving on is the only solution. If you can't...well that's a different conversation most of us aren't qualified to have.

Here’s the thing @dusty@dustyhunks this is ONCE AGAIN another issue of GLU being able to easily communicate an issue they’re working through and refusing to do so.  Sooooooo much heartburn could be alleviated with a simple message

We had a bullshit issue right videos for a week or so.  And instead of a simple “we’re working on it.” The CS folks sent a barrage of “check your WiFi you poors” messages.  Awfully convenient that all of our WiFi’s magically fixed themselves at the same time.

then go a step further, where certain things are very clearly “rigged” or “fixed.”  And you can’t blame people for being upset.

The boxes this year have been insanely rigged.  There is nothing “random” about them.  When you’re looking at 30% odd of pulling a 3 star in a box....then pull one of them 20 times and the other 3....that’s not random.  Having that same cycle repeat itself every 2 days with new boxes is maddening.  

I believe other have more eloquently opined on WOH.

Personally...I’ve been waiting 5 freaking days now for GLU to refund gold from the accolade that didn’t turn on last Friday.  Getting nothing but idiotic troll messages from CS.  So if we want to go the “they’re effected by COVID too!” route....then they should fix shit the first time, close the ticket and move on to the next.  Not continue to **** with me over a clear cut and dry issue.

but all of it adds up to GLU generally having disdain for their customer base.  
  • dustyhunksdustyhunks Registered Users, Member 1,672 Posts
    @TheFullMonte This all sounds very similar to the beginning of 19. Is a box for 700 gold comparable to the ones we had with ATG's and Legends at the end of 19? Absolutely not. There's work to be done there with scaling the cost of these boxes given the results you get with the players even when you exclude user expectations. There seems to be a quicker step to push you up tiers this year based on what I've read but there were many threads early on in 19 about the ridiculousness of season mode and being unable to win BG's after a certain amount of games played. I didn't want to touch on any of the Glu'ness in regards to my post. People will decide what to put up with but literally screaming into a void won't get you any different results. The only thing they seem to really listen to is by just not paying or playing.
  • whammo911whammo911 Registered Users, Member 963 Posts
    I just feel bad for those poor bronze teams giving @dfbb their 100 gold all day..lol...guy is sitting at bronze like a rounder in Vegas looking for the next mark
    @TheFullMonte This all sounds very similar to the beginning of 19. Is a box for 700 gold comparable to the ones we had with ATG's and Legends at the end of 19? Absolutely not. There's work to be done there with scaling the cost of these boxes given the results you get with the players even when you exclude user expectations. There seems to be a quicker step to push you up tiers this year based on what I've read but there were many threads early on in 19 about the ridiculousness of season mode and being unable to win BG's after a certain amount of games played. I didn't want to touch on any of the Glu'ness in regards to my post. People will decide what to put up with but literally screaming into a void won't get you any different results. The only thing they seem to really listen to is by just not paying or playing.

Honestly, the scaling of boxes is way way down the list Dusty.  And to be blunt, my goal here is to expedite the execution of your last sentence.  My tiny little contribution is unlikely to make a dent if I up and disappear; my aim here is to share with others that their frustrating experiences are not isolated incidents.  What is going on is symptomatic of a company that's largely lost their moral compass.

My personal experiences this last week and a half have been extraordinarily frustrating.....but it wasn't until others in the club and several in larger Line chat threads began sharing the same experiences that I got upset.  This isn't "bad luck."  Glu is intentially screwing people over, seeing how much they can squeeze out before players revolt.

And your first sentence basically articulates my point:  this isn't an accident, this is their business strategy.

• Cooz19Cooz19 Registered Users 1,256 Posts
    @TheFullMonte This all sounds very similar to the beginning of 19. Is a box for 700 gold comparable to the ones we had with ATG's and Legends at the end of 19? Absolutely not. There's work to be done there with scaling the cost of these boxes given the results you get with the players even when you exclude user expectations. 
    Scaling will be their excuse, but it rings hollow when the prices are the same and even mid-game players will last a considerably longer time. The bottom line is it's shitty of them to charge the prices they're charging for players no one who plays longer than two days has any use for, even if some of them are a slight bump over what we have now. 

• jalapenocubbiesjalapenocubbies Registered Users, Member 1,057 Posts
    edited April 2020
    They do the things they do because they can. I have always been part of a big club, except for this year to this point. We always complain about the shitty things that happen In the game, and guess what? The next weekend They run a gauntlet and the same people complaining are popping up In the top 50 dropping hundreds or even thousands of dollars. It’s just the reality of it. Things don’t change because people don’t change. Atleast a few of those guys In the top 50 said they were quitting an not playing 20. That threat lasted all of 2 weeks. I didn’t plan on playing 20 and here I am. Granted I have barely spent anything and Barely play as it is atleast. I’m just as guilty as they are but that’s why glu does what they do and we get the same crap boxes, with the same crap odds every week. Why change what they do when they know for a fact none of us, especially the top spenders care going anywhere? 
  • TBWepaTBWepa Registered Users, Member 276 Posts
    Soooo... anyone down for a boycott? 
    Mine started last week and will continue on. Going F2P until I see some changes (most likely never) in a time where the economy is lacking and we have a virus going around like the Clap in a fraternity house. The only way I see to resolve something like this is to just cut spending. I know it’s hard not too. And it will be harder when they poke at you with a $20 deal that in the game would be worth a $100 just to get you to spend again but I think most players can pull through. 
  • retirepujolsretirepujols Registered Users, Member 4,855 Posts
    edited April 2020
    I had a long response that dove into the darkness of my mind and explained the connection this game has with my destructive behavior and addictive personality.

I deleted it because **** you, but everyone that complains about the game then spends $500 in a weekend and continues to torture themselves but can't stop - replace the word "tsb" with "heroin" and it would be easier for you to recognize this as an unhealthy and dangerous behavior. 

The first step is admitting you cannot control your addiction or compulsion.. think it's a joke all you want, but people aren't talking just to talk - they know they have a problem and are yet unable to fix it. 

Edit: "themselves, you, people, they" = I am them too. 
    "It's amazing how much work you can put in without gangly-ass legs in the way" - Sir Tdub71
  • jalapenocubbiesjalapenocubbies Registered Users, Member 1,057 Posts
    I had a long response that dove into the darkness of my mind and explained the connection this game has with my destructive behavior and addictive personality.

I deleted it because **** you, but everyone that complains about the game then spends $500 in a weekend and continues to torture themselves but can't stop - replace the word "tsb" with "heroin" and it would be easier for you to recognize this as an unhealthy and dangerous behavior. 

The first step is admitting you cannot control your addiction or compulsion.. think it's a joke all you want, but people aren't talking just to talk - they know they have a problem and are yet unable to fix it. 
    This is 100% correct. This game triggers the same addictive traits as gambling, drugs, etc. “one more box”, the thought the next box will be the guy you want. It’s the same concept. I’m in my 4th season and I’m just now figuring out how to control it a little. It’s why I just laugh at the people who say if you don’t like it just quit. Addiction is addiction. I’m sure a lot of people will laugh at this and that’s ok. But gambling and this are very very similar. 

Honestly, the scaling of boxes is way way down the list Dusty.  And to be blunt, my goal here is to expedite the execution of your last sentence.  My tiny little contribution is unlikely to make a dent if I up and disappear; my aim here is to share with others that their frustrating experiences are not isolated incidents.  What is going on is symptomatic of a company that's largely lost their moral compass.

My personal experiences this last week and a half have been extraordinarily frustrating.....but it wasn't until others in the club and several in larger Line chat threads began sharing the same experiences that I got upset.  This isn't "bad luck."  Glu is intentially screwing people over, seeing how much they can squeeze out before players revolt.

And your first sentence basically articulates my point:  this isn't an accident, this is their business strategy.

I don't mean to be dismissive and I 100% agree with a lot of what you're saying. But ultimately, if you can keep it up you have a choice to not even have the app on your phone. Me, personally..I am beyond the frustration at this point. It far outweighs the fun and I just can't justify it. There were literally countless events in 19 that actually made me angry and for what? Absolutely nothing. I was able to recoup some money from Apple for a couple purchases, even some I actually DID make but said I didn't cause fvck them. What else can you do? A player revolt that devolves into insults as soon as someone tries to organize? There are people in the player base that honestly don't deserve the effort it would take to make them change their business strategy. And then you have the people that just keep spending themselves to death. I think the only avenue is to link Glu somehow to predatory lenders or Juul (lol) but again, that system is rigged in this *cough* climate.

To quote the essential Pittsburgh math-rock trio Don Caballero, what burns never returns. Just save yourself.

• babyjbootsbabyjboots Registered Users, Member 465 Posts
    I wonder how much of this is because people aren't winning.  Would all this animosity be here if people were cycling WoH and other types?  Yeah the boxes suck but everyone knows they'll suck until the very end right before it all resets and starts over.  Over the past two years, I've seen half the people complain and the other half say then don't play and vice versa.  Hell, I remember when I said something last year about how the game seemed pointless because we all know how it will start over and everything you did was for nothing.  I got ripped a new ahole for that.  And here we are again with the same cycle.
  • dkarski87dkarski87 Registered Users, Member 3,040 Posts
    For those that have played for many years, we all how the cycle works. Heck I look forward to starting over and rebuilding a team, that's the fun part for most people. But as we started to see last year their motives and actions are becoming more and more ridiculous. Heck yesterday was hilarious I thought, they know how many people have been complaining about season mode and pennants. Claiming that "it makes the game more of a challenge".
    They started selling 45k pennants deals last night. Its beyond frustrating and funny the lengths they go. You know they are listening, because they had the balls to try and sell pennants that people want. Same shit when we saw cool down start last year, they started selling cash and evo that same day in specials. I love how people say just quit or delete the game. @jalapenocubbies said it best. The game is an addiction, a horrible habit that many cant quit. But lets be real, the game itself isn't bad. Its how they run it. I really enjoy starting over every year, its fun building a team from scratch. Its also why many of us have multiple teams.
    "Oops we need to restart! Yeap that's 2019 for ya!"
    – The Great Houmy
  • mythicaldragonmythicaldragon Registered Users, Member 2,418 Posts
    edited April 2020
    It’s interesting how things have changed in a year with so many on here. If you criticized glu the game etc you were quickly stoned to death 💀. Glu was god... “you are choosing to play and spend money delete the game if you don’t like it”.. “it’s a business and they are in the business of making money” blah blah I think it went something like that?? Yeah I’m pretty sure it did.. Trust me I remember 🤐. 
    If anything the hypocrisy has been entertaining this year 👍🏻

dkarski87 said:
    For those that have played for many years, we all how the cycle works. Heck I look forward to starting over and rebuilding a team, that's the fun part for most people. But as we started to see last year their motives and actions are becoming more and more ridiculous. Heck yesterday was hilarious I thought, they know how many people have been complaining about season mode and pennants. Claiming that "it makes the game more of a challenge".
    They started selling 45k pennants deals last night. Its beyond frustrating and funny the lengths they go. You know they are listening, because they had the balls to try and sell pennants that people want. Same shit when we saw cool down start last year, they started selling cash and evo that same day in specials. I love how people say just quit or delete the game. @jalapenocubbies said it best. The game is an addiction, a horrible habit that many cant quit. But lets be real, the game itself isn't bad. Its how they run it. I really enjoy starting over every year, its fun building a team from scratch. Its also why many of us have multiple teams.

I agree with that.  They're vultures and I've never liked how they gouge everyone.  It is an addiction and they purposefully set it up that way.  I just hope that those who spend a lot are within their budget and not hurting themselves.
    dkarski87 said:
    It’s easy to say “if you don’t like it, quit.”  Different when you’ve got hundreds or thousands of dollars invested in something.

Tell me what else you would have invested that kind of money in that you’d simply shrug and walk away when it stopped working?  And in this case...it quit working only because the developer said “**** you, give us more money.”
    Developers aren’t the ones taking your money. 
  • ShoveItUpYoenis2ShoveItUpYoenis2 Registered Users, Member 952 Posts
    No they can’t. The guy in this gif is Glu. Everything else in the gif is Glu’s paying customers. 

How did he get out after peeing on the locked door handle?  Doesn't mind his own brand?
    Developers aren’t the ones taking your money. 
    Stop it.  You’re entering the over literal phase here.  Developer.  Should have used a Capital D.  GLU is the developer of TSB
  • BigpredfanBigpredfan Registered Users 3,306 Posts
    No they can’t. The guy in this gif is Glu. Everything else in the gif is Glu’s paying customers. 

*insert Alfred saying “Some men just want to watch the world burn” GIF*
    well
    thats 
    how 

Feel 
    Today!!

• joeyg29joeyg29 Registered Users, Member 27 Posts

Edit: "themselves, you, people, they" = I am them too. 
    I dont post often but when I saw this thread and just wanted to share my experience. It started after I retired from Law Enforcement. I had so much time on my hands, I started playing these games on my phone. From War Dragons to FIFA and the last 3 years Tap Baseball. As a retired Police Officer I never understood what a drug addict experiences. I would question how could they not stop taking drugs??..well 5 years later and spending over 100k on these "games", I now know why people cant stop taking drugs. I've been to Gamblers Anonymous, am now in debt consolidation because of my addiction. Why do I still play? Because it's an addiction. I thank God I dont spend no where what I used too. Having 0 CC is a big reason why..lol.. I know I should stop playing even though I controlled the spending but I cant. Sorry for the rambling..just wanted to share my experience 
    edited April 2020
    @fuckingglu

you want to know why people are pissed off?  It’s because they bought Field Pass two **** days ago, their discount is not working, and despite multiple multiple messages to CS and several screenshots...they’re still being told stupid ass shit like “we’ve checked it and every appears it is working as it should” and “check your WiFi.”

this company is either the most inept group of retards ever assembled in mobile gaming...or complete **** scam artists.  There is no middle ground.

a customer paid money for a product, and you’ve spent two days **** them around.  Just incredible bullshit.
  • retirepujolsretirepujols Registered Users, Member 4,855 Posts
    It’s interesting how things have changed in a year with so many on here. If you criticized glu the game etc you were quickly stoned to death 💀. Glu was god... “you are choosing to play and spend money delete the game if you don’t like it”.. “it’s a business and they are in the business of making money” blah blah I think it went something like that?? Yeah I’m pretty sure it did.. Trust me I remember 🤐. 
    If anything the hypocrisy has been entertaining this year 👍🏻

You were right 🙄 I hadn't achieved the first step yet @mythicaldragon
    joeyg29 said:
    I dont post often but when I saw this thread and just wanted to share my experience. It started after I retired from Law Enforcement. I had so much time on my hands, I started playing these games on my phone. From War Dragons to FIFA and the last 3 years Tap Baseball. As a retired Police Officer I never understood what a drug addict experiences. I would question how could they not stop taking drugs??..well 5 years later and spending over 100k on these "games", I now know why people cant stop taking drugs. I've been to Gamblers Anonymous, am now in debt consolidation because of my addiction. Why do I still play? Because it's an addiction. I thank God I dont spend no where what I used too. Having 0 CC is a big reason why..lol.. I know I should stop playing even though I controlled the spending but I cant. Sorry for the rambling..just wanted to share my experience 
    Sorry, man, that's tough. I'm glad you've dropped the spending, that's obviously a huge step. Just have to remember you CAN stop playing - maybe you're just not quite ready to yet. That "can't" shit won't cut it, though. I'm right behind you 😵
    "It's amazing how much work you can put in without gangly-ass legs in the way" - Sir Tdub71