The money grab making the game not worth playing

Bigwhip10Bigwhip10 Registered Users, Member 6 Posts
The new season has been out a month and unless you're team is gold or higher you have no chance at WOH or SF. You cant upgrade your pennants and upgrades while upgrading your team in a months time without dropping a bunch of money.  I have 8 players over 315 and yet yesterday's SF event after fixing level 5 my best player at silver 10 was 18 points weaker than level5 1st batter. I cant get past level 3 in WOH today. I know level up for a better chance but a month into the game it shouldn't be impossible. I doubt the games developers even read these but make the game fun again not all about how much money you spend to still fail 

Comments

• mythicaldragonmythicaldragon Registered Users, Member 2,418 Posts
    edited April 2020
    I didn’t know woh was relevant to building a team 
  • LuJaDuLuJaDu Registered Users, Member 8 Posts
    Today I spent $40 and used  about 3700 of my own gold (plus the gold I got from the $40 spent). Grant it I still got 2 players, neither of them were 5-stars. This is my third year playing this game but I am starting to get sick of getting burnt on boxes after blowing money. I know how ya feel, I’ve been trying to stay away from trying the WOH for my own sanity. 
  • Bigwhip10Bigwhip10 Registered Users, Member 6 Posts
    Right!!! The past couple years wasn't bad but it seems this year the gifts are garbage and GLU is literally telling us that even if you spend money you dont have a chance. My keepers cost a fortune to level up and now dont even make my roster and yet I'm losing a bunch of games in season mode now as well. It's crazy this year hell cvc gifts are a joke all the way thru platinum clubs 
  • Bigwhip10Bigwhip10 Registered Users, Member 6 Posts
    WOH sets up the entire week. The player is a bonus and the little gifts help build your team mythicaldragon. 
  • LuJaDuLuJaDu Registered Users, Member 8 Posts
    All I know is last year I would pull a 5 star in atleast 4 tries on a box. Today I spent upwards of about 8000 gold and finally just got one at the end. I’m going to of course keep playing the game but I’m definitely not spending as much. It’s like a 9 out of 1000 chance and I still put money in. Lol the odds are stacked high against us. 
  • Sully138Sully138 Registered Users, Member 10 Posts
    edited April 2020
    My team was built without spending a dime. I started playing a week ago. I have four 5 star players, eight 4 and a half star players, and six 4 star players just from grinding the game, playing events and etc, watching advertisements, and filling out surveys. I got Special Sano, May, Pederson, Bichette, Leake, and Lester. I have a 5 star Baez and Flaherty base cards. I have a complete lineup and pitching staff I can actually stay competitive with. All without spending a dime on the game.

Edit: Just figured out how to get my keeper packs from playing last years game. Pulled a 5 star Yelich!

I wish I knew how to post a screenshot of my team. But when I try to find the screenshots from my pictures, it doesn't show up. I have a pretty badass team from playing for free.
  • TrojanKi7TrojanKi7 Registered Users, Member 22 Posts
    LuJa-yiu’re right those odds on boxes are ridiculously bad. Glu should wise up. Lots of money to be made if they increased 5 star players to 200-300 out of 1000. Otherwise players won’t buy in
  • mythicaldragonmythicaldragon Registered Users, Member 2,418 Posts
    Bigwhip10 said:
    WOH sets up the entire week. The player is a bonus and the little gifts help build your team mythicaldragon. 
    Correction woh used to set up the entire week. The player and the rewards used to be worth cycling for. You can now get better rewards by simply buying boxes.. woh died in 19 imo. Those that didn’t play in 18 probably don’t know any different 
  • moosebeard11moosebeard11 Registered Users, Member 4 Posts
    Would definitely spend more if odds in boxes were better.