Keeper/ML bump tomorrow?

Tdub71Tdub71 Registered Users, Member 1,876 Posts
Are you guys expecting a bump in maxes tomorrow?  To 0.50, maybe? 

As it stands now, Babe is already on the back burner for me, and Ferrell is my worst regular. 

Granted I haven't invested as much in skills as I probably should, but they are so far behind the max curve right now that I am hesitant to do too much with them.  Even "Witness Protection Hoyt" is already down to SP3...

Comments

• BigpredfanBigpredfan Registered Users 3,306 Posts
    My expectation is, and always has been, that when those first bumps come that the 600 overalls from last year will be even with the top players in the game.  I also expect a bump in new players in boxes here soon. 
  • jalapenocubbiesjalapenocubbies Registered Users, Member 1,057 Posts
    My expectation is, and always has been, that when those first bumps come that the 600 overalls from last year will be even with the top players in the game.  I also expect a bump in new players in boxes here soon. 
    Last year the keepers were On par with 2nd tier players. I hope they switch it to make them equal to top guys but not gonna hold my breath. 
  • BigpredfanBigpredfan Registered Users 3,306 Posts
    Last year the keepers were On par with 2nd tier players. I hope they switch it to make them equal to top guys but not gonna hold my breath. 
    I felt like early on they were top players, but once primes were introduced they fell behind. 
    I felt like early on they were top players, but once primes were introduced they fell behind. 
    Could have been, honestly don’t remember. Last year I abandoned them really early because the cost to upgrade them and I raced to diamond fairly early. But you’re right that with primes and legends they were always a step behind the top guys.
  • Tdub71Tdub71 Registered Users, Member 1,876 Posts
    Even with a bump to 0.50, they would be 2nd tier, or worse.  The top max currently is 320 unless I missed someone, but those seem to be the "foil" versions.

If they go to 0.53, that would make the 600s 318.  I think that is about the best we could expect.  Maybe ML goes to 320, and we get 325 as the top new release?
    Last April the first double skill guy was 325 mike trout. So my guess is 325-330 for the top end guy and maybe we see a 2nd skill soon. 
  • DFBBDFBB Registered Users, Moderators, Member, Moderator 6,602 Posts
    I've said it many times, but they are still head and shoulders better than the field. If you don't want to invest in their skills, then I don't know what to tell you. 
    If you're not having fun, you're losing.
    DFBB said:
    I've said it many times, but they are still head and shoulders better than the field. If you don't want to invest in their skills, then I don't know what to tell you. 
    I have the skills as high as they can go right now to prime XP. They are hitting 25 points higher than non skills Soto. I also paid 5x the price to level them, including skills. 
  • Tdub71Tdub71 Registered Users, Member 1,876 Posts
    I agree that with properly boosted skills, they would still be great.  I just haven't invested in them the way I originally intended to.  I am just curious to see how the first bump lines them up max-wise with the new releases.
  • judgesmails1judgesmails1 Registered Users, Member 114 Posts
    Hopefully soon
  • JEDDDOGGYJEDDDOGGY Registered Users, Member 2,460 Posts
    Right now it's hard for me to complain about keepers. If you have a keeper with skills boosted they're still better than anything other than the foil players with the high max and 1 skill. But we're only like 2-3 weeks in, and like someone else mentioned, they'll likely have 2 skill players soon. Once 2 skill players become available, if keepers are still 30+ points behind like they are now, then I feel complaints will be perfectly valid. With the increased cost of leveling, they should always be usable players.
  • Scioscia_FanScioscia_Fan Registered Users, Member 266 Posts
    JEDDDOGGY said:
    With the increased cost of leveling, they should always be usable players.
    Last year my Keeper Posey was my starting C until November. Wade Boggs was replaced early October. Max S.  was still one of my starting pitchers when 19 ended. Hopefully I get that same kind of value from this year.

• mythicaldragonmythicaldragon Registered Users, Member 2,418 Posts
    edited April 2020
    It will be interesting to see how they handle bumps this year. In 19 bumps were like clock work very predictable in 18 was the opposite. Hoping for a little spontaneity and not so predictable this year. 
  • fahhq2fahhq2 Registered Users, Member 850 Posts
    Keepers deserve a bump cuz remember, we are all in this together.
  • Scioscia_FanScioscia_Fan Registered Users, Member 266 Posts
    WTH? Thought we'd see these bumps Friday, Then Monday. I'd sooner have predictable MD. As much investment as these 4 guys are, waiting 6-8 weeks between bumps is trash.
  • whammo911whammo911 Registered Users, Member 963 Posts
    Problem is their hit rating is still as good as top player, power and speed holding them back from getting a bump
  • MattattackMattattack Registered Users 1,971 Posts
    Here's my main issue.

The main pro of keepers and ML were that they really helped carried the load at the beginning of the game.   Once primes and legends come they will undoubtedly be a tier below those guys.   The beginning is the time when we are supposed to be able to enjoy keepers the most and so far we have been somewhat robbed of that.   IDK having them be completely useless in home run battles/slugfest and barely able to help in woh at lower tiers is pretty disappointing.   They will get bumped at some point but their life span has already lessened compared to last year.
    Here's my main issue.

The main pro of keepers and ML were that they really helped carried the load at the beginning of the game.   Once primes and legends come they will undoubtedly be a tier below those guys.   The beginning is the time when we are supposed to be able to enjoy keepers the most and so far we have been somewhat robbed of that.   IDK having them be completely useless in home run battles/slugfest and barely able to help in woh at lower tiers is pretty disappointing.   They will get bumped at some point but their life span has already lessened compared to last year.
    This is no different than last year, and I made the same arguments last year about it. The were slow to level and when they did they were 2nd class players most of the year. The extra punch in the nuts was I paid 5x the cost to level them, including skills, to find out they dropped it to 3x shortly after. It wouldn’t have been hard for them to reimburse those who used 5x, but they planted their feet in the ground and flat out said no. Keepers have value right now, some, not a lot. But absolutely lose almost any value as the game progresses short of maybe the pitcher for higher tier teams since they are bxp. 
  • retirepujolsretirepujols Registered Users, Member 4,855 Posts
    My keepers are my best bats in walk off after skills are accounted for 👀 so they have value there, but that's not really saying much I guess. My highest hit rating right now is: Babe, Yogi, foil Bryce Harper, ML, foil Juan Soto; and those last three are extremely close.
    "It's amazing how much work you can put in without gangly-ass legs in the way" - Sir Tdub71