Kolten Wongs 1st 3 innings skill

TBWepaTBWepa Registered Users, Member 276 Posts

Anybody like this skill? I personally HATE it. Why? Because we are trying to get through WOH as hard as it is now. Other than CVC which this skill may be active in, it’s complete crap. I was stupid enough to not read and mistake it for late innings and bring it up to level 8 based off of the logo. 

Comments

• TheFullMonteTheFullMonte Registered Users, Member 1,589 Posts
    GLU has made it quite clear they want to bleed you for everything you have.  Why in the WORLD would they give you a player with a skill that HELPS you beat a mode that gives you free resources????
  • TBWepaTBWepa Registered Users, Member 276 Posts
    GLU has made it quite clear they want to bleed you for everything you have.  Why in the WORLD would they give you a player with a skill that HELPS you beat a mode that gives you free resources????

• judgesmails1judgesmails1 Registered Users, Member 114 Posts
    Not a fan of that skill
  • whammo911whammo911 Registered Users, Member 963 Posts
    I’m a biggggg fan of this skill, I’m really hoping it pushes my team strength high enough so I only face platinum clubs. Then I’ll have way more fun with the new challenges it presents.

Yes I’m that guy to complain to CS about it 😂
  • TyroneEastwoodTyroneEastwood Registered Users, Member 424 Posts
    edited April 2020
    FFS I thought it was late
  • luv4allmusikluv4allmusik Registered Users, Member 82 Posts
    We all get frustrated with the game, but please do not take it out on the CS reps. They are paid very little, they are not trained well, and they are given little or no authority to initiate any changes. So what CS rep Charles V. is saying in the above post, is all he is authorized to do, just send it up the ladder. It almost sounds like he would prefer late innings, too, but it’s not his call. The developers refuse to communicate with us directly, so they throw these poor CS folks into the fire to take all of the heat, when they do not have authorization to do anything. 
    They are trying to make a living and feed their families like we all are, but given the situation that Glu has put them in, they have an impossible job. 
    So, please, when you interact with CS be polite and try to put yourself in their position. These problems fall on the developers, not the CS reps that they hide behind. Thank you!

• Tdub71Tdub71 Registered Users, Member 1,876 Posts
    luv4allmusik said:
     they are not trained well, and they are given little or no authority to initiate any changes. 

The developers refuse to communicate with us directly, so they throw these poor CS folks into the fire to take all of the heat, when they do not have authorization to do anything. 

This is exactly the issue.  CS is the only lifeline that players have to correct problems, or voice concerns.

The CS reps generally do the best they can, but they are given nothing to work with.  The massive disconnect between GLU and the players is really just a symptom of the disconnect between the devs and CS.  
    We all get frustrated with the game, but please do not take it out on the CS reps. They are paid very little, they are not trained well, and they are given little or no authority to initiate any changes. So what CS rep Charles V. is saying in the above post, is all he is authorized to do, just send it up the ladder. It almost sounds like he would prefer late innings, too, but it’s not his call. The developers refuse to communicate with us directly, so they throw these poor CS folks into the fire to take all of the heat, when they do not have authorization to do anything. 
    They are trying to make a living and feed their families like we all are, but given the situation that Glu has put them in, they have an impossible job. 
    So, please, when you interact with CS be polite and try to put yourself in their position. These problems fall on the developers, not the CS reps that they hide behind. Thank you!
    i am pretty polite to CS (no swearing, threats, negative comments towards them, etc.) because I know they are not in a position to make a call like that. It’s just my hope I am another one to add to the list of complaints on the same issue in hopes it goes up the ladder to the developers of the game. Does it ever make it there? Probably not but it’s always worth a shot. 
  • dkarski87dkarski87 Registered Users, Member 3,040 Posts
    So just people are aware, GLU has been stripping users of their VIP badges for this.I've seen the messages from the people they had it happen too. It was for yelling, cursing, using obscene language towards their CS staff. No bs here but I've seen 2 in the last few weeks where they stripped the badges away for being dickheads to CS.
    "Oops we need to restart! Yeap that's 2019 for ya!"
    – The Great Houmy
  • cooldowncanadacubscooldowncanadacubs Registered Users, Member 643 Posts
    I can verify you can lose a VIP badge. Be polite. Be factual.
  • retirepujolsretirepujols Registered Users, Member 4,855 Posts
    edited April 2020

Speaking of (dumb) skills, Tatis' bases loaded skill hasn't been activating in walk off for me. Yes, I've paid into it 🤷🏻‍♂️
    "It's amazing how much work you can put in without gangly-ass legs in the way" - Sir Tdub71
    dkarski87 said:
    So just people are aware, GLU has been stripping users of their VIP badges for this.I've seen the messages from the people they had it happen too. It was for yelling, cursing, using obscene language towards their CS staff. No bs here but I've seen 2 in the last few weeks where they stripped the badges away for being dickheads to CS.

That's uhhhhhh….quite the system....

Odd that they choose to punish players, rather than fix the issues that got said players all upset in the first place.

Interesting business decision there

I can verify you can lose a VIP badge. Be polite. Be factual.
    If only GLU gave their CS reps the ability to do the same...………..
  • whammo911whammo911 Registered Users, Member 963 Posts
    Damnit glu! I was being sarcastic...lol...only facing platinum teams in tournaments after leveling him...
  • jalapenocubbiesjalapenocubbies Registered Users, Member 1,057 Posts

Speaking of (dumb) skills, Tatis' bases loaded skill hasn't been activating in walk off for me. Yes, I've paid into it 🤷🏻‍♂️
    Well this is unfortunate to see. Guess we can’t trust they little icons after all. Probably just a display error 🙄
  • JTANDMEJTANDME Registered Users, Member 767 Posts
    my Harper has it on and is 1-5 on 1.9 where the bases are loaded to start. Conveniently the one W...  "oops we need to restart"
    lmao thats funny as heck to see. @blueleopard care to comment why these skills aren't working as they should?  Why the hell am I dumping resources that are hard enough to come by as is into skill that dont work as they should. You all should be sued threw your teeth for crap like this. People spend thousands of dollars on this crap and it doesn't even work as advertised.
    – The Great Houmy
    dkarski87 said:
    lmao thats funny as heck to see. @blueleopard care to comment why these skills aren't working as they should?  Why the hell am I dumping resources that are hard enough to come by as is into skill that dont work as they should. You all should be sued threw your teeth for crap like this. People spend thousands of dollars on this crap and it doesn't even work as advertised.
    Honestly, I’m addicted to this game like most. Just stop spending. Stop watching videos. The game is not fun.  Words mean nothing, actions will. The boycotts have failed over and over. It’s up to you to make the game better
    I agree but like u said. Unless we somehow get everyone to stop playing. It will never work. The big whales will still spend XXX.XXX.XXX and they dont care about what GLU does.
    – The Great Houmy
    dkarski87 said:
    I agree but like u said. Unless we somehow get everyone to stop playing. It will never work. The big whales will still spend XXX.XXX.XXX and they dont care about what GLU does.
    Let them spend. They can fight amongst themselves while the thousands of micro transactions stop
    But im an addict!!! lol
    – The Great Houmy