What are your current feelings about GLU and TSB 20?

Comments

• MoenPDCMoenPDC Registered Users, Member 615 Posts
    LOVE IT: I love TSB and will continue to play and spend money
    woh needs to be adjusted . My team is about as good  as you possibly could Get now in gold with max upgrades. I was able to beat HOF yesterday for the crap reward with about 1000 in gold . Warmup wasn’t even a “ walk in the park” I cycled it a bunch for free but it wasn’t easy. I don’t know how middling gold teams are managing and forget about silver ( the game is less then a month old ) 

the way teams are getting matched against each other needs to be adjusted. It is literally forcing people to have to jump tiers when they don’t want to or remotely aren’t ready if you ever want to win a tourney or BG. 

no club cooldown is amazing, please keep it. 

The changes to HR derby and slugfest a bad sluggers is a game changer . I spent all day doing HR derby’s today. Slugfest was extremely fun last thursday. It gives your club a second dimension, crappy players are now valuable ( at least crappy In 2019 ) and power is no longer a semi useless stat. 

Clash being replaced with target bash , AGAIN amazing . 

Letting our all star tickets carry over , big thank you!

There are so many great changes to 2020 but the bottom line is that the games difficulty is off and if you aren’t a top tier team I can only imagine be how frustrating playing this game can be 
  • whammo911whammo911 Registered Users, Member 963 Posts
    MAEH: I like the game, but wish they would fix some things
    To me they need to go back to the different reward brackets for clubs again, once again we are at where the reward doesn’t match the effort yet boxes are crazy expensive for low odds of a player that would help. Fan rewards player at 40k needs to be atleast a 315 with a skill or drop that player down to the 10k reward...chasing a throwaway player to complete a set is insanity.
       Yeah some things have gotten better but needing to level so much so soon will suck when trying to level primes when they hit and I’m sure cycling woh for rewards will still be nonexistent.

• TheFullMonteTheFullMonte Registered Users, Member 1,589 Posts
    RAGE: I will actively cheer the morning I wake up and the app no longer works because these crooks have gone bankrupt
    See other thread.  Crooked ass motherfuckers
  • JTPASTORJTPASTOR Registered Users, Member 456 Posts
    MoenPDC said:
    woh needs to be adjusted . My team is about as good  as you possibly could Get now in gold with max upgrades. I was able to beat HOF yesterday for the crap reward with about 1000 in gold . Warmup wasn’t even a “ walk in the park” I cycled it a bunch for free but it wasn’t easy. I don’t know how middling gold teams are managing and forget about silver ( the game is less then a month old ) 

the way teams are getting matched against each other needs to be adjusted. It is literally forcing people to have to jump tiers when they don’t want to or remotely aren’t ready if you ever want to win a tourney or BG. 

no club cooldown is amazing, please keep it. 

The changes to HR derby and slugfest a bad sluggers is a game changer . I spent all day doing HR derby’s today. Slugfest was extremely fun last thursday. It gives your club a second dimension, crappy players are now valuable ( at least crappy In 2019 ) and power is no longer a semi useless stat. 

Clash being replaced with target bash , AGAIN amazing . 

Letting our all star tickets carry over , big thank you!

There are so many great changes to 2020 but the bottom line is that the games difficulty is off and if you aren’t a top tier team I can only imagine be how frustrating playing this game can be 
    Great points! There’s a lot to like, but several head scratchers. BGs seem harder but the rewards are better...so that makes sense. WOH needs a makeover. Three difficult levels? Why? I understand HOF being difficult. I am hoping Keepers get boosted this weekend and that the next update drops soon. 
  • retirepujolsretirepujols Registered Users, Member 4,855 Posts
    This is how I feel Glu treats me everyday and I keep coming back for more:

Yes, can I have my turn please?
    "It's amazing how much work you can put in without gangly-ass legs in the way" - Sir Tdub71
  • whammo911whammo911 Registered Users, Member 963 Posts
    edited April 2020
    wish glu treated me this way
  • retirepujolsretirepujols Registered Users, Member 4,855 Posts
    whammo911 said:
    wish glu treated me this way
    For real, that lady is the equivalent of 1.1 of walk off... no way you can 🦆 it up. Reward may not be the best, and she may not be the end goal - but it's a W in the books all day long. 
    "It's amazing how much work you can put in without gangly-ass legs in the way" - Sir Tdub71
  • Wicked0WildcatsWicked0Wildcats Registered Users, Member 1,040 Posts
    I'm trying to be as fair and impartial about this as possible, so I'll talk about the 2 good things first. 1) Target Bash is a lot of fun, and 2) Slugfest is somewhat relevant again -- eliminating the Slugfest roster and using 1 roster was a good and long overdue thing. Heck, I'll add two more things -- consistent fan rewards and the ability to always earn now toward both fan rewards and investments is a good thing. And transferring over All-Star tickets was a cool move.

So now, things that suck.

1) Game is horrendously slow and sluggish. Maybe it's just my S9 or the fact that it's Android but it is much, much worse than '19.

2) Prime sprint games were somehow made even less fun by making individual Prime rewards not even worth pursuing with the jacked up tiers.

3) I thought initially that the video/ad watching was much improved, but nope, now that we're a few weeks into it, it's back to the same old watch one, then waiting....unable to load....etc etc

4) Games are difficult to win at any level. Leveling up doesn't help much. There's not much incentive to stay low, and there's not much incentive to move up. It just pretty much sucks no matter where you're at.

5) Just put Royale on the weekend and do something different on Wednesday. Find a way to make Target Bash a full event or something, I don't know. This going back and forth every week thing is just silly, and no one wants to play sprint games for 3 days, especially in its current form.

6) Still glitchy. Franchise players seem to be hit or miss as to whether they'll actually play in your games.

7) Keepers and ML's aren't keeping pace well enough to be very useful. These guys should still be among the most powerful assets in the game at this early point, and they're not.

8) Lastly, and far most importantly, the most enjoyable aspect of the game has been turned into a complete abomination.  WOH has been ruined. This used to be something that every player spent all weekend looking forward to, and now it's something that you barely feel is worth your time. The towers make no sense - they're all difficult, and for any of them to have anything less than at least a box with a shot at a 5 star player is flat out nonsensical. I remember the early to middle months of TSB '18 as the real glory days of the event -- yes, you grinded all day for that player, but it was well worth it in the end. You acquired a real asset and it really made the challenge all the more enjoyable. Now you grind the same way and spend more for a player just to do it, not even knowing if he is worth the resources to level up.

It seems like they are trying to weed out the ones who aren't willing to spend on the game. But I don't know how ruining WOH helps accomplish that.

• jalapenocubbiesjalapenocubbies Registered Users, Member 1,057 Posts
    UPSET: I'm fed up with all the box scams, glitches and idiotic responses from CS
    @Wicked0Wildcats just wait until you realize you actually have to build a separate slugfest roster if “regular” 3 star players or purchase 20 dollar players with higher power who suck everywhere but slugfest. Technically they are correct you can use your “regular” roster but with all the decent 5 star players now having low power they push you to level guys you wouldn’t otherwise. 
  • TheLegend17TheLegend17 Registered Users, Member 373 Posts
    RAGE: I will actively cheer the morning I wake up and the app no longer works because these crooks have gone bankrupt
    I really, really, really am upset that (as it also was in 19)you have no ability to compete in events without spending gold. In 2018, for at least WoH and Wed Royale, you could acquire the bonus players by completing WoH. The WoH prize was a box with a guaranteed 5 star player who was a bonus guy in that event. You could realistically compete by playing the game without having to buy bonus boxes. 

I get why they don't want to go that route, but it's shameful to consider this a free-to-play game when you absolutely have to use gold to buy boxes. 

Maybe if they did a gift of 4 or 5 boxes at the beginning of every event to at least give you a chance... 
  • TBWepaTBWepa Registered Users, Member 276 Posts
    I really, really, really am upset that (as it also was in 19)you have no ability to compete in events without spending gold. In 2018, for at least WoH and Wed Royale, you could acquire the bonus players by completing WoH. The WoH prize was a box with a guaranteed 5 star player who was a bonus guy in that event. You could realistically compete by playing the game without having to buy bonus boxes. 

I get why they don't want to go that route, but it's shameful to consider this a free-to-play game when you absolutely have to use gold to buy boxes. 

Maybe if they did a gift of 4 or 5 boxes at the beginning of every event to at least give you a chance... 
    I agree with this other than maybe the gift part. Maybe one gift but WOH on royale days and pro level on mondays should at least be a box instead of a player so that you can acquire a bonus player for other events. 
  • Tdub71Tdub71 Registered Users, Member 1,876 Posts
    LIKE IT: I like TSB, but wont spend money
    Or make the WOH rewards mid-level bonuses for the rest of the week, instead of just 2 days.  

My issue with WOH is that it has not even really felt attainable.  I get that it will be tougher for lower-tier teams, but honestly, in silver, I don't even feel that it is possible for me, without spending a ton of gold, and there's just no way that anything short of a top-level player in the game is worth that to me.

If I think the reward is not worth the effort, I will spend my time elsewhere, but if GLU wants to keep my attention at all, at least make me feel like I could get there...
  • fowlerc23fowlerc23 Registered Users, Member 30 Posts
    UPSET: I'm fed up with all the box scams, glitches and idiotic responses from CS
    Im tirwd of losing the 5th prime game everytime even though i have at least a 10k team str advantage wtf its coded so i lose every 5th game!?!? Wtf why even lvl my players if team str means nothing and yes i have lvled my team boosts as well as well as used all my pennants and i have purposely outfitted my team with left handed batters and switxh hitters and the pitxhers im losing to are all right handed wtf is point im at the rahe quitting point as im sure alot of you arw and keepers lolwhy even bother mine were all 600+ now they are max 245 lol irrelevant alreqdy why even have them

• likenightlikenight Registered Users, Member 471 Posts
    I’m losing 40% of my Prime and Bonus games despite the same 10k+ game strength and higher rated pitching. 
    Total BS, not spending a dime. 
  • likenightlikenight Registered Users, Member 471 Posts
    And I can’t get out of round 1.....
  • redlegs2018uredlegs2018u Registered Users, Member 1,048 Posts
    I actually sent a long winded complaint in today which got the expected answer I just don’t understand why the Royale tower is a level longer for the same reward of the hard tower on Monday with level 10 pitchers vs level 1.  Maybe I’m not the norm but with a meh 54k gold team I did win once on Monday, but over the last two Royales I’m a combined 0-17 vs Grienke using foil versions of Soto/Conforto.  I’m not aware if there are better players than those at this present time.  Just feels bad to crush the rest of the tower in 45 minutes only to lose the rest of the day and find other things to do.
  • rmouse511rmouse511 Registered Users, Member 185 Posts
    @redlegs2018u...GLU’s approach this year has clearly been to force players to level up faster than they should to hopefully get them to spend money on upgrading their team. 
    WOH and Slugfest are the only events where teams can gain resources, while also earning club points. These events continue to become more difficult to cycle, and are given reduced reward players, and lower point multipliers to discourage teams from playing them during Battle Royale. 
    GLU wants teams to play Prime games, tournaments, and bonus games. All of these events increase the number of total games played for a team and don’t provide resources they need to improve their team. We all know the more game you play, the more difficult your competition gets. Tournament and bonus game wins also encourage teams to level up because they help teams move through the tiers at each level.

It is obvious that WOH and Slugfest are everyone’s favorite events. They actual require guys to play the game and give teams an opportunity to earn resources and a player to add to their team. I don’t think GLU likes these events. I expect them to continue to make changes to these events to make them not worth the effort to play in hope that players will stop focusing on those events.
  • DFBBDFBB Registered Users, Moderators, Member, Moderator 6,602 Posts
    Personally, '20 has set up real nicely for me. Gold battles have been amazing for me in terms of the fun factor and resources. The pace of game game(bad woh rewards, woh difficulty, undesirable boxes, etc.) has allowed me to really build up resources while not 'missing' anything. I'm confident that things will ramp up and changes(for the better) are inevitable...then again, I've felt this way for weeks and here we are. 
    All things considered, I'm baffled at the current state of the game. My biggest complaint about '19 was that it catered too much to diamond teams and '20 seems to be even worse in that regard. Most puzzling, the best players don't even give guys below gold a reasonable chance at WoH. I understand that they want to push us up in tiers, but that's a bit much. Bottom line, if it weren't for gold battles, I'm honestly not sure how much I'd be playing. 
    If you're not having fun, you're losing.
    Thursday's Feeling about GLU:  The matchmaking adjustment news from yesterday was a complete crock of shit.
  • matt_sackettmatt_sackett Registered Users, Member 1,540 Posts
    Thursday's Feeling about GLU:  The matchmaking adjustment news from yesterday was a complete crock of shit.
    their post could not have been more full of shit...matchup adjustments my balls.

Glu....Dine upon my ass.
    Nothing in life is as beautiful as the Balsamic thread.

their post could not have been more full of shit...matchup adjustments my balls.

Glu....Dine upon my ass.
    Seems to be near universal agreement in our club that they’ve actually gotten WORSE today.

these dumbasses could F up a wet dream
  • MattattackMattattack Registered Users 1,971 Posts
    It really feels like the game is still in Beta mode but hasnt been officially given that title.   Things are still being tweaked and without a boost of any kind.    
  • TBWepaTBWepa Registered Users, Member 276 Posts
    DFBB said:
    Personally, '20 has set up real nicely for me. Gold battles have been amazing for me in terms of the fun factor and resources. The pace of game game(bad woh rewards, woh difficulty, undesirable boxes, etc.) has allowed me to really build up resources while not 'missing' anything. I'm confident that things will ramp up and changes(for the better) are inevitable...then again, I've felt this way for weeks and here we are. 
    All things considered, I'm baffled at the current state of the game. My biggest complaint about '19 was that it catered too much to diamond teams and '20 seems to be even worse in that regard. Most puzzling, the best players don't even give guys below gold a reasonable chance at WoH. I understand that they want to push us up in tiers, but that's a bit much. Bottom line, if it weren't for gold battles, I'm honestly not sure how much I'd be playing. 
    Gold battles were fun for me until I went gold. Not no more, stay bronze for a while longer if you want more gold lol. How much you at from just Hr battles? 
  • DFBBDFBB Registered Users, Moderators, Member, Moderator 6,602 Posts
    edited April 2020
    @TBWepa I've actively kept an eye on the GB scene in gold. It still has a ways to go, but it's getting there. As far as my gold count, I'm just glad that I don't have to rely on videos. 
    If you're not having fun, you're losing.
  • JTPASTORJTPASTOR Registered Users, Member 456 Posts
    It really feels like the game is still in Beta mode but hasnt been officially given that title.   Things are still being tweaked and without a boost of any kind.    
    Beta Purgatory! 😂 Seriously, as the world gets creative to all of the changes taking place GLU leaves us in Beta mode. The SF event has been the only highlight. They acknowledge more people are playing...what a great chance to keep everyone interested. Yet here we are in Beta mode still. Sure, it could be a MLB issue with waiting for the update to drop but seriously, dropping minuscule gifts each day is not a proper response, nor creative. 
  • Cooz19Cooz19 Registered Users 1,256 Posts
    Consider this my vote change to whatever the rage option is. 

I'd also like to point out to whatever Glu plants are reading this...this slap dick sack of shit is an insult to anyone playing the game. The fact I know now, after one box, you're going to give me this hemorrhoid on a prostitute's gash 80% of the boxes I pull. 

You know DAMN WELL this guy isn't worth the crabs your mom leaves on Drunken Carl's cock after she fucks him at the bowling alley on League Night, why do you even bother? Is it fun for you? Do you enjoy being a digital slum lord? 

Rent is due, you mother fuckers! No, paying Glu or not paying Glu is not the issue, nor is it the solution. I generate revenue for the owners by playing. I also subtract revenue by ensuring any avenue available has a statement regarding infuriating structure of this game, and the embarrassment I have for having wasted time in giving it my attention. I'm choosing the global shaming path. 
  • dkarski87dkarski87 Registered Users, Member 3,040 Posts
    @Cooz19 are you saying a 3s is not worth 700g? Be realistic man,
    "Oops we need to restart! Yeap that's 2019 for ya!"
    – The Great Houmy
  • SandpipersSandpipers Registered Users, Member 1,327 Posts
    3 dressed up as a 9, you’re only, wastin’ my time....
    It's all done with mirrors
  • Cooz19Cooz19 Registered Users 1,256 Posts
    @dkarski87 I mean, cmon...look at that fuckin guy. I understand they're going to scale the game and eventually the 5-star guys will be as useless as this slap dick. But he sucks yesterday, today and tomorrow. He's like an aluminum can. We have to put work in to get back a cent. For 600 gold! That's 3 gold for 1 xp! Scale schmail she-male, that's bullshit and there's no way they don't know that. 
  • dkarski87dkarski87 Registered Users, Member 3,040 Posts
    O yea bud I agree with you. I was just goofing. 600 and 700g boxes for a 3s is a slap in the face. Especially as many have pointed out yon can pull them from 4k cash picks.
    "Oops we need to restart! Yeap that's 2019 for ya!"
    – The Great Houmy