Special Offer: 4.99 for 40 gold

jalapenocubbiesjalapenocubbies Registered Users, Member 1,057 Posts
In case anyone is looking for a sweet offer. Buy the cvc subscription and use a video boost so you don’t get the boosts provided to you via the subscription rather you get the boosts for not owning the cvc subscription. Then write into customer service and they are so understanding they will provide you with 40 whole gold. Please note I initially bought cvc subscription not knowing this was an issue, I have since cancelled it. 

Shit happens I get it. But couldn’t you just post a news update saying hey guys we know there is an issue we are working to fix it. Instead they keep it hidden and keep screwing people over. 

Comments

• retirepujolsretirepujols Registered Users, Member 4,855 Posts
    That's inexcusable. 
    "It's amazing how much work you can put in without gangly-ass legs in the way" - Sir Tdub71
  • likenightlikenight Registered Users, Member 471 Posts
    That's inexcusable. 
    Nope...that’s Glu
  • jalapenocubbiesjalapenocubbies Registered Users, Member 1,057 Posts
    That's inexcusable. 
    I will be the first one to admit I often uh....overreact....and I understand shit happens with this stuff honestly if they would have just been like sorry for the issue, here’s 5 bucks worth of gold (10 now since I forgot to cancel the sub) I would have had no issue. But 40 gold I mean geez. 
    That's inexcusable. 
    I will be the first one to admit I often uh....overreact....and I understand shit happens with this stuff honestly if they would have just been like sorry for the issue, here’s 5 bucks worth of gold (10 now since I forgot to cancel the sub) I would have had no issue. But 40 gold I mean geez. 
    That's exactly it - you paid for a product that you aren't receiving. Their no refund policy is an absolute joke. I understand people will try to abuse it all day, but that doesn't mean you bend over the guys with legitimate issues. If someone pays for something and doesn't get it, how is a refund not in the cards? Similar to (I know this has happened a LOT and I was once a victim too) people buying field pass for $15/$20 and not having the discount or autoplay 😵 then CS doesn't respond for a day and a half... You don't get what you paid for in these situations so you should be getting your money back 🤷🏻‍♂️ 
    "It's amazing how much work you can put in without gangly-ass legs in the way" - Sir Tdub71
  • TheFullMonteTheFullMonte Registered Users, Member 1,589 Posts

I actually don't understand how their no refund policy is even legal.  In what world can someone purchase something, not receive what they purchased, and not be legally entitled to a refund of their money?

In what warped **** world would a company think that's an acceptable practice?

I actually don't understand how their no refund policy is even legal.  In what world can someone purchase something, not receive what they purchased, and not be legally entitled to a refund of their money?

I’m guessing it’s something to do with the fact we don’t pay them directly. We pay App Store or google play who then pays them? Maybe I’m wrong. Fact is they easily could have thrown me 5-10 bucks worth of gold and it would have been done. But 40 gold? Might as well send old Barry my way if that’s how they wanted to treat me. 
  • BigpredfanBigpredfan Registered Users 3,306 Posts
    edited April 2020
    They literally gave you the 40 gold for the boost. Lol. Could have at least given you a $4.99 special deal

My gut is that the GLU CS room looks a lot like the scene in Boiler Room where the rep tries to hand that guy the sell ticket.  F No.  No.  Nobody is selling under any circumstances.

CS clearly has explicit instructions to not refund or give away anything unless they absolutely HAVE to.  And when it does happen, they always have to get a supervisor involved.

I think that tells you a lot about the culture and philosophy of doing business at Glu.

They literally gave you the 40 gold for the boost. Lol. Could have at least given you a $4.99 special deal
    That’s what I’m saying lol. Literally anything of comparable value and I’m ok. But 40 cents worth of gold?  I

Bump
     Might as well send old Barry my way if that’s how they wanted to treat me. 
    **** your club (besides DK), come and play with GIRTH from time to time and you'll get plenty of Barry 😉😁
    **** your club (besides DK), come and play with GIRTH from time to time and you'll get plenty of Barry 😉😁
    Im in a club with 2 other people, I’m confused by this 
    Im in a club with 2 other people, I’m confused by this 
    You've been drinking and your alcohol consumption may have forced me to confuse you for someone else 
  • ShoveItUpYoenis2ShoveItUpYoenis2 Registered Users, Member 952 Posts

^^^^ This times a billionmillion 
  • Cooz19Cooz19 Registered Users 1,256 Posts

I’m guessing it’s something to do with the fact we don’t pay them directly. We pay App Store or google play who then pays them? Maybe I’m wrong. Fact is they easily could have thrown me 5-10 bucks worth of gold and it would have been done. But 40 gold? Might as well send old Barry my way if that’s how they wanted to treat me. 
    They don't issue refunds because they have to go through Google and Android in reporting it (as well as their own shareholders), who'd then wonder why refunds are being issued, and possibly downgrade their status in those respective marketplaces. 

It's no different than insurance companies having policies of rejecting claims to keep their numbers low for shareholders. 
  • mythicaldragonmythicaldragon Registered Users, Member 2,418 Posts
    No worries... I heard another batch of free stickers is on tap for tomorrow 👍🏻
  • ShoveItUpYoenis2ShoveItUpYoenis2 Registered Users, Member 952 Posts
    No worries... I heard another batch of free stickers is on tap for tomorrow 👍🏻

Don’t tease us like that. You know how giddy we get for stickers 
    Cooz19 said:

They don't issue refunds because they have to go through Google and Android in reporting it (as well as their own shareholders), who'd then wonder why refunds are being issued, and possibly downgrade their status in those respective marketplaces. 

It's no different than insurance companies having policies of rejecting claims to keep their numbers low for shareholders. 
    So if someone wanted to utilize the most punitive method possible in rectifying this issue...what would they do?