Can GLU Be Held To Some Accountability?

Comments

• redlegs2018uredlegs2018u Registered Users, Member 1,048 Posts
    I adopt a similar axiom I use with gambling as I do with this game, “Don’t spend more than you’re willing to lose”.  Hence my outlay to this point is $9.99 for the stadium vs 150.00 last season (some of that is uncertainty due to a virus causing a depression, some is reduced playing, went from 50 hours a week on this app to 15-20 since last September).  It’s still a fun game to play though RNG makes games like this either simple or excruciating depending on how boxes favor you or not.  The reward structure could still use some tuning along with probably a 10% reduction in difficulty in modes like WoH.  Needs to be something between last season and while it still isn’t Diaz hard this season it’s still a bit ridiculous.
  • bobdylan_fanbobdylan_fan Registered Users, Member 303 Posts
    Here's your accountability:

Glu Mobile shares are trading lower after Stephens & Co downgraded the stock from Equal-Weight to Underweight and lowered its price target from $5.50 to $4 per share.

Apr 8, 2020 8:31a ETBenzinga Stock Analysis

• cooldowncanadacubscooldowncanadacubs Registered Users, Member 643 Posts
    DFBB said:
    I truly believe it
    I have gotten to know DFBB over the past couple of years, and he has helped me often, as he is extremely knowledgeable about the game. I also know that he plays probably more than any other player. He has also fought hard to keep this a clean game and he does not cheat. I believe his current ‘20 team is still only at bronze. If he cheated, I would think he would have a high ranking diamond team. You called him specifically out on the reviews, so what are you basing your cheating accusations on?
    I appreciate the comments, but considering the things we have going on in the world, I'm not going to get caught up with such petty things. If guys want to think I cheat, that's their prerogative.
    Really?!  Dude, don’t pull out the Covid card. 
  • mythicaldragonmythicaldragon Registered Users, Member 2,418 Posts
    There are several issues with the game I have that have all been said. The level was of greed is no different than last year actually this year is probably better considering all star tickets perks etc. 
    My current issue with the game is the boxes even tho the odds are the same as last year i don’t believe they are the same.. I’m having a terrible time pulling a 5* player when spending gold. Lucky 1 to 5 box pulls are unheard of for me last year around this time if I spent 10k I almost always pulled a 5* and had lots of lucky pulls. Maybe ive just bad luck with every box so far this year ?? 🤷🏻‍♂️ Duplicates are constant.
    Something is off with the box odds imo and it’s beyond completely frustrating. 
  • dkarski87dkarski87 Registered Users, Member 3,040 Posts
    cant be lucky all the time bud
    "Oops we need to restart! Yeap that's 2019 for ya!"
    – The Great Houmy
  • jalapenocubbiesjalapenocubbies Registered Users, Member 1,057 Posts
    There are several issues with the game I have that have all been said. The level was of greed is no different than last year actually this year is probably better considering all star tickets perks etc. 
    My current issue with the game is the boxes even tho the odds are the same as last year i don’t believe they are the same.. I’m having a terrible time pulling a 5* player when spending gold. Lucky 1 to 5 box pulls are unheard of for me last year around this time if I spent 10k I almost always pulled a 5* and had lots of lucky pulls. Maybe ive just bad luck with every box so far this year ?? 🤷🏻‍♂️ Duplicates are constant.
    I’m getting 5 star players at a 1-2% clip and have pulled 1 foil player (judge) in lord only know how many boxes this year so far, I’m guessing 300+. It’s just bad luck but Glu could do us a solid and up the odds a bit for these guys who will have no value in a month or so. 
  • TheFullMonteTheFullMonte Registered Users, Member 1,589 Posts
    I’m getting 5 star players at a 1-2% clip and have pulled 1 foil player (judge) in lord only know how many boxes this year so far, I’m guessing 300+. It’s just bad luck but Glu could do us a solid and up the odds a bit for these guys who will have no value in a month or so. 

I think the odds are fine, the issue is that even across a very large sample size, the pulls aren't adding up.
  • jalapenocubbiesjalapenocubbies Registered Users, Member 1,057 Posts

I think the odds are fine, the issue is that even across a very large sample size, the pulls aren't adding up.
    I guess my point is the odds should be reflective of what they were at the end of last year if that’s how they wants to do it “foil” players should be what legends were, 5 star should be what primes were, 4.5 star should be what BXP players were. I don’t remember the odds exactly but if you gave 5% odds for foil, 15% for 5 star and whatever for 4.5 star I think you’d see more successful pulls for better players. Fact is 5% for 5 star and 1% for Foil is just nonsense at this point in the game. Your right that th

I guess my point is the odds should be reflective of what they were at the end of last year if that’s how they wants to do it “foil” players should be what legends were, 5 star should be what primes were, 4.5 star should be what BXP players were. I don’t remember the odds exactly but if you gave 5% odds for foil, 15% for 5 star and whatever for 4.5 star I think you’d see more successful pulls for better players. Fact is 5% for 5 star and 1% for Foil is just nonsense at this point in the game. Your right that th
    Exactly! Well said 👍🏻
    dkarski87 said:
    I certainly realize that.. I’ve played this game for several years and understand how the boxes work. Luck it comes a goes... but so far this year I’ve had near 0 luck spending gold. Something just seems off. Maybe just me 🤷🏻‍♂️😂
    Ill report back on Friday I’m gonna spend gold until I get a 5*. Honestly I wouldn’t be surprised if it takes 50k. 
  • babyjbootsbabyjboots Registered Users, Member 465 Posts
    Is Kaiser the first thing that comes to anyone else's mind when they see Hoyt Wilhelm?
  • FrankTheTank04FrankTheTank04 Registered Users, Member 1,092 Posts
    edited April 2020
    I just want my target bash/CvC boxes to give out something other than ice packs.  8 boxes yesterday and 7 were ice packs.  Sounds like the odds are a bit off to me.
    Just no.  
  • whynotwhynot Registered Users, Member 1,749 Posts
    edited April 2020
    I bet every year the forum is full of threads in March/April saying how crappy the game is this year, and last year was so much better.  Next year no doubt there will be similar threads.

Face if guys, Glu is a business and has only one objective, MAKE MONEY!  We can either choose to support them or not, the decision is totally ours.
    I'm confused by what you mean by 5.7 and 5.8.  You mean the round and level? 
    - Blueleopard
  • Itsouttahere2Itsouttahere2 Registered Users, Member 697 Posts
    Let’s not support these mother f#*kers, whatever happened to “ the customer is always right” boycott, boycott!!! Btw there has been absolutely zero changes to the matchups. 
  • DFBBDFBB Registered Users, Moderators, Member, Moderator 6,602 Posts
    Guys, please stay on topic. 
    If you're not having fun, you're losing.
    DFBB said:
    Guys, please stay on topic. 
    Sorry.... ahh... what was the topic anyway?
    - Blueleopard
  • MetsicansMetsicans Registered Users, Member 1,046 Posts
    whynot said:
    I bet every year the forum is full of threads in March/April saying how crappy the game is this year, and last year was so much better.  Next year no doubt there will be similar threads.

Face if guys, Glu is a business and has only one objective, MAKE MONEY!  We can either choose to support them or not, the decision is totally ours.
    I believe this is my fifth season and I can’t remember a start worse than this. There are a lot of positive changes—fan rewards all the time, more extra bases, target bash is cool, no cool down, etc. 

I know people complain all the time, especially early on, but it IS worse this year. I just think it boils down to every single game mode (except royale slugfest) being exponentially harder. Nobody wants to lose bonus games all day, or lose to bronze 34 rated pitchers in WOH, or lose 2 of your 5 free prime energy bars, or pull the same three star player a dozen times, or auto play 0 in cvc. There is nothing fun in this year’s edition. I have an average silver team, 50k TS, and the team is useless in all events. It has never been that way before. 
  • TyroneEastwoodTyroneEastwood Registered Users, Member 424 Posts
    whynot said:
    You know another option is to delete the app. I highly doubt you would continue to patronize the store down the road if you didn’t like their prices, policies and personnel. 

There comes a time when you have to decide if it’s worth it or not.  We all know they aren’t going to change so either accept it or get overly it.
    Let's be real dude. The only way to quit is to get a permaban 🙃
  • criffycriffy Registered Users, Member 625 Posts
    whynot said:
    You know another option is to delete the app. I highly doubt you would continue to patronize the store down the road if you didn’t like their prices, policies and personnel. 

There comes a time when you have to decide if it’s worth it or not.  We all know they aren’t going to change so either accept it or get overly it.
    i know a trick or two to get continually jailed - that's how i managed to quit. criffy out.
    dkarski87 said:
    I certainly realize that.. I’ve played this game for several years and understand how the boxes work. Luck it comes a goes... but so far this year I’ve had near 0 luck spending gold. Something just seems off. Maybe just me 🤷🏻‍♂️😂
    Ill report back on Friday I’m gonna spend gold until I get a 5*. Honestly I wouldn’t be surprised if it takes 50k. 
    You were wrong ... it only took 36k lol
     Ridonkulous 
  • retirepujolsretirepujols Registered Users, Member 4,855 Posts
    edited April 2020
    criffy said:
    whynot said:

i know a trick or two to get continually jailed - that's how i managed to quit. criffy out.
    **** it tell us the tricks, amigo. **** this game, and **** these hogs sucking these devs' dicks. This game was sloppily put together and somehow made money. Instead of cleaning themselves up, they decided to stay sloppy and continue to grab money while they could. Might as well give us the goods 😘
    "It's amazing how much work you can put in without gangly-ass legs in the way" - Sir Tdub71
  • Cooz19Cooz19 Registered Users 1,256 Posts
    criffy said:
    whynot said:

**** it tell us the tricks, amigo. **** this game, and **** these hogs sucking these devs' dicks. This game was sloppily put together and somehow made money. Instead of cleaning themselves up, they decided to stay sloppy and continue to grab money while they could. Might as well give us the goods 😘
    No joke, @criffy, just tell us. **** this game, I played fair, it's **** stuff up and cheating so I'd rather break it and have some fun than keep getting ripped off. 
  • retirepujolsretirepujols Registered Users, Member 4,855 Posts
    But not here, hit me up elsewhere because **** this place 
    "It's amazing how much work you can put in without gangly-ass legs in the way" - Sir Tdub71
    All this hate towards glu.... but.. but.. stickers are still awesome right?? I’ve never actually sent a sticker posted a sticker or whatever..  but I feel like everyone just needs a new sticker right now 👍🏻😉
  • FrankTheTank04FrankTheTank04 Registered Users, Member 1,092 Posts
    I'd love a new sticker.  I wouldn't go posting it in global or anything.  I'm not made of gold!
    Just no.  
    I'd love a new sticker.  I wouldn't go posting it in global or anything.  I'm not made of gold!
    I’m with Frank. A new sticker would go a long way. Forget about the panning situation. 
  • Tdub71Tdub71 Registered Users, Member 1,876 Posts
    Maybe a new special edition "band camp" sticker?
    I was hoping for “Oh no you didn’t!” Or “Trick, Please!”
  • ToughthundercatsToughthundercats Registered Users, Member 1,959 Posts
    I'm gonna be "that guy" for a minute. You know, the one that posts in a forum of a game they're not playing claiming some level of enlightenment that has helped them move on from the shame that is grinding TSB. I could come in here and say I'm just done with all this. I built the team I wanted in 19 and that's where it ends for me without even considering the motivations of Glu. A couple good points have been made in this thread which point to things we should all already know about how Glu makes changes.

But the real reason, I think, is that it just isn't fun for the amount of time that will be required to get back to where I was in 19. I just don't have it in me regardless of the circumstances. And if I'm totally honest that makes me kind of sad cause it was an enjoyable experience most times. I'm still content grinding bg's and tourney in 19 even with Monday WOH in it's current state. Partly because I like it and have still some personal goals to achieve and also partly out of spite.

As far as what is happening in 19 I think we need to take a step back and consider that there actually are real people that flip switches and mash buttons at Glu and the possibility that maybe some of them either aren't working as much or have actually gotten sick is very real. I'm near 100% sure it's a manual process in some fashion to convert Monday's WoH to HoF since weekend Royale became a thing and there are various reasons why it hasn't switched back. Bottom line, you make your own fun and if it crosses a line where that is no longer an option then moving on is the only solution. If you can't...well that's a different conversation most of us aren't qualified to have.
    Agreed 100%. Stop spending become F2P. Then most of the aggravation goes away because no money spent. Nothing to complain about feeling screwed because they baited and switched. I'm not surprised about how Glu conducts business but surprised how many people continually act surprised by it. It's nothing new that's why I won't give these greedy flea bitten fools a red cent of mine. Should they be doing something more (other than to gouge people) during these times more so than what they are ABSOLUTELY...but not surprised that they aren't. Most other games are giving crap loads of free stuff, lives and the such because they know people are suffering in one form or another and want to spread some sort of happiness and joy to them. In saying all this I realize the company that makes this game and know that they care about one thing and one thing only🤑. I will never be a top team or a middle of the pack team. I'll probably suck this year worse than previous years but I love the concept and it creates a wonderful diversion for me and I play this game in a style that works for me. I think that is key in playing this game. Then again as @dustyhunks said we have no idea what is going on over there. Glu's employee's could be ravaged by this virus or running on skeleton crew working from home. I do think we also need to offer up some grace to them as well. I think  as we are saying to them give us a break we as well during these times give them the benefit of the doubt as well.
    Getting jailed is easy, find a glitch you like and hit it like a horny 15 yr one with his own room and the playboy channel.
    - Blueleopard