Matchmaking update

jalapenocubbiesjalapenocubbies Registered Users, Member 1,057 Posts

Would love to know if anyone is having success with this I know it said it will update as you play more new games. In my 40 games sample I won 10, possibly 11 games. These were BG and Tourneys. Not really seeing a huge change, but not sure how many games it takes to see the new matchmaking, woulda loved more detail on what to expect and what the new threshold may be before it all starts over again. 
Prev1

Comments

• BigBibbins333BigBibbins333 Registered Users, Member 243 Posts
    This announcement couldn't possibly have been any more vague
  • txhoneybadgertxhoneybadger Registered Users, Member 123 Posts
    The update feels as good as the “reduced difficulty” they have done on WoH in the past. 🙃 
  • slafrance2slafrance2 Registered Users, Member 1,370 Posts
    Yeah I wish they eased up on WOH then bonus and for the love of god sprint game...
  • cooldowncanadacubscooldowncanadacubs Registered Users, Member 643 Posts
    Is there some volume knob of difficulty in India that they crank down?! Fuq outta here with that shït Glu. 
  • ReecesReeces Registered Users, Member 122 Posts
    They have turned game difficulty way down!!!!! Fuq outta here with bs GLU

I have no issue matching up with same or close to my  TS but don't fcking make me go up against teams in another tier level. Dafck with this bs...

Staying at GOLD in 2020....

• Rammina2sRammina2s Registered Users, Member 4 Posts
    They're just keeping diamond heavy hitters from grinding out huge wads of gold. Makes more people spend money to better their tea . Glu is terrible 
  • likenightlikenight Registered Users, Member 471 Posts
    Nope, still losing 70% of Tourney and 60% of Bonus games despite out matching them in pitching and team strength. 
    Boosts are worthless and so is my Ace. 
  • COWPILEYCOWPILEY Registered Users, Member 825 Posts
    edited April 2020
    Was worse for me in prime games. Giving up tons of runs even in the games I win. Was better today before the announcement. Pretty depressed to see gold isn’t any better. 
  • JEDDDOGGYJEDDDOGGY Registered Users, Member 2,460 Posts
    edited April 2020
    Translation:

Hello TSB puppets!!! We heard your feedback loud and clear and we've already begun working on a solution to milk you stupid idiots for even more money during this worldwide pandemic!! Right now, in an effort to help you beat these insanely difficult teams that you are being matched against, we're working on a new feature to add a 4th!!! boost option to the 'start game' screen for 160 gold. It will give the indication that you will get twice the boost than you would normally get from the 80 gold boost, but you'll still lose 90% of the time. Also, if you're a level 53 All Star or above, this new boost will be COMPLETELY FREE!!!!
  • dkarski87dkarski87 Registered Users, Member 3,040 Posts
    LOL, loved it @JEDDDOGGY. But yea I haven't seen any difference in match making games. Still playing non stop plat teams in prime and BGs. Nothing has changed on my end in terms of that. Maybe others have noticed a difference but nothing here.
    "Oops we need to restart! Yeap that's 2019 for ya!"
    – The Great Houmy
    To be fair, they never said they were making it easier. They said they are "making adjustments to the matchmaking." And "as you play more new games" can mean anything. Maybe they are referring to TSB 2021. 
  • TheFullMonteTheFullMonte Registered Users, Member 1,589 Posts

Glu can eat my ass with a spoon.  Today has easily been worse.  I just lost the first round of the playoffs facing pitchers that were all S14.

**** off GLU

• jalapenocubbiesjalapenocubbies Registered Users, Member 1,057 Posts

Glu can eat my ass with a spoon.  Today has easily been worse.  I just lost the first round of the playoffs facing pitchers that were all S14.

**** off GLU

In my limited sample, it has either been the same or worse. The general consensus seems to be no improvements or possibly worse. Not sure how many games we are supposed to play to see any changes. The incredibly vague message doesn’t help the situation but i personally don’t expect to see any changes. Seemed like glu was selling beachfront property in the desert again there. 
  • NotTodayNotToday Registered Users, Member 45 Posts
    In my judgement it’s  harder especially the season mode.  Wheeeee! 
  • whammo911whammo911 Registered Users, Member 963 Posts
    edited April 2020
    Yeah, it’s worse than before
  • tshea510tshea510 Registered Users, Member 1,786 Posts

**** off GLU

Exactly my fear. I’ll be in playoffs after Saturday, may wait it out a bit. Last year I made the mistake of staying bronze too long and poor playoff luck until I went Silver. This year I go Silver as fast as I can and yeah, it’s even more of a struggle before I even get to playoffs. The developers have clearly lost touch with reality. 
    Just a Silver team from the wrong side of the tracks, so what do I know? 🤷
    Don’t think I can take another 3-4 weeks of this to accumulate enough resources to move up. Glu is a bunch of fargin icehole corksoakers
  • whammo911whammo911 Registered Users, Member 963 Posts
    So on bonus game day I should concentrate on other modes, even though I’m in a club gunning for the discount accolade and I have a bunch of bonus players...awesome advice...so should I just do 100’s of match me events and resign them all to get my record bad enough to stay at gold?
    edited April 2020
    If I read the top of reply correctly, it is total wins so your gold ship has likely sailed. Don’t play prime game events at the next level to keep the number of wins down unless you have already passed that threshold as well in which case... That’s the way I read it.  About ready to take a break and see if this shit improves. Of course, any CS reply needs to be taken at the same level as the check your WiFi or available device RAM space replies. 
  • DFBBDFBB Registered Users, Moderators, Member, Moderator 6,602 Posts
    NotToday said:
    Season mode has been adjusted.
    If you're not having fun, you're losing.
  • TheFullMonteTheFullMonte Registered Users, Member 1,589 Posts
    DFBB said:
    NotToday said:
    DFBB said:
    NotToday said:
    To be harder?
  • fahhq2fahhq2 Registered Users, Member 850 Posts
    edited April 2020
    COWPILEY said:
    Don’t think I can take another 3-4 weeks of this to accumulate enough resources to move up. Glu is a bunch of fargin icehole corksoakers
    Johnny Dangerously was an aWeSoMe movie!!
  • aaronchennaaronchenn Registered Users, Member 455 Posts
    '20 has started off so terribly that I don't even have a slight interest in purchasing even the ballpark. I don't see how it's worth it for such a scam of a game, especially tonight. Why are we getting an extra bases with a PRESET LINEUP that cant score over 5k points? You'd have to drop thousands of gold to reach the 200 gold pregress tier..
  • BigpredfanBigpredfan Registered Users 3,306 Posts
    '20 has started off so terribly that I don't even have a slight interest in purchasing even the ballpark. I don't see how it's worth it for such a scam of a game, especially tonight. Why are we getting an extra bases with a PRESET LINEUP that cant score over 5k points? You'd have to drop thousands of gold to reach the 200 gold pregress tier..
    Try 400 gold. I did the 400 multiplier here and the gold boost for the 30% hit, which says it is lower than a video boost which shows 45%. 

Crazy, but I was hitting better when I spent the gold. Maybe it’s just a one-off thing. Who knows. 

• sullipa8sullipa8 Registered Users, Member 564 Posts
    whammo911 said:
    Yeah, it’s worse than before
    This is something that has always bothered me. They have a “behind the scenes counter” for your wins that matches you to teams above your level. Yet the visible counter that is used for your playoffs to move up, only takes bonus and tournament games into account. It does not count prime and season games. Why is it not counting those games in the visible count if a secret count behind the scenes is being used that actually matter? It definitely is confusing. And when you get to Diamond, you really want those prime and season games to count. 
    Well, from a visual standpoint Season Mode has been adjusted. Opposing pitchers are level 10 now. Despite my 104 pitcher facing their 83-87 pitchers, and my team strength 5-7k greater than the opposition, I just lost 4 straight. And it wasn't even close. Yesterday I lost my first 10 bonus games in a row and closed down the app for the day. Maybe someday the game will be playable, but that day is not today.
  • tshea510tshea510 Registered Users, Member 1,786 Posts
    Well, from a visual standpoint Season Mode has been adjusted. Opposing pitchers are level 10 now. Despite my 104 pitcher facing their 83-87 pitchers, and my team strength 5-7k greater than the opposition, I just lost 4 straight. And it wasn't even close. Yesterday I lost my first 10 bonus games in a row and closed down the app for the day. Maybe someday the game will be playable, but that day is not today.
    Well, I did just face 4 straight S11 pitchers, so thanks Glu for your kindness! 
    Just a Silver team from the wrong side of the tracks, so what do I know? 🤷
    Just hope I have not used up my gold-level wins already at silver. That would be a quick kill. 
  • retirepujolsretirepujols Registered Users, Member 4,855 Posts
    I'm at under 2k games played in gold and spent the second half of yesterday getting wrecked by platinum teams. I tend to get drunk by noon and start tossing money at this game here and there as well, so it's not just free guys getting ****ed. Just weird 
    "It's amazing how much work you can put in without gangly-ass legs in the way" - Sir Tdub71
  • jalapenocubbiesjalapenocubbies Registered Users, Member 1,057 Posts
    Season mode is easier but BG/Tourney/Prime games have had no changes for me. If I win back to back prime games at any point it’s a bonus for me.