Options

8 Seconds Late = 48 hour sit out

bjamonsbjamons Registered Users, Member 14 Posts
My recent interaction with Glu sports.

"Hello Ben,

Thanks for writing back.

I checked your account and I see that you joined the club S L U G G 5 R Z on 04/10/2020, 4:00:08 PM UTC.

The event started at exactly 04/10/2020, 4:00:00 PM UTC.

I apologize for this but you are not eligible for the rewards on this event.

We thank you for your understanding on this.

Should you have other concerns, please submit a new ticket.

Thanks,
Ross Ann
Glu Mobile Customer Care"

How is this fair that if you are less than 10 minutes late, you are not eligible for the entire weekend? Can someone please  explain to me the logic behind ?

Comments

• Options
    jalapenocubbiesjalapenocubbies Registered Users, Member 1,057 Posts
    It’s always been that you have to be in the club prior to event starting. This stops people from moving clubs, mid event to try and find an easier bracket. There’s no cooldown right now so you had 12 hours between events to get to the new club. It’s unfortunate but kind seems like you missed you messed up. 
  • Options
    But it you were not in a club for the day prior,  you should be able to join one.  I agree people switching is an issue, but you dont know your bracket until the event starts. 

If you are in a club, and the event starts, you leave that club to join another one, you should not be eligible I agree.

But if you join before the late start clubs start playing, you should be allowed. I'm not saying a full day later, but extending by one hour. Would be beneficial for the community.

• Options
    MillecorsMillecors Registered Users, Member 754 Posts
    So do you think you should also be able to get a lottery ticket 10 minutes after they start drawing the numbers? 🤷‍♂️🤷‍♂️🤷‍♂️
  • Options
    @bjamons I understand what you’re saying but you had plenty of time to join a club before the event started and you didn’t. This is how it’s been in the 4 years I’ve been playing. Get in before the event starts and you have no issue. I don’t see how letting people join after an event starts is beneficial for the community? It would allow guys to move around freely to find easier brackets to win, in fact I think it would screw the community more than help it. There are a lot of things wrong with the game. This isn’t one of them sorry. 
  • Options
    whynotwhynot Registered Users, Member 1,749 Posts
    @bjamons I understand what you’re saying but you had plenty of time to join a club before the event started and you didn’t. This is how it’s been in the 4 years I’ve been playing. Get in before the event starts and you have no issue. I don’t see how letting people join after an event starts is beneficial for the community? It would allow guys to move around freely to find easier brackets to win, in fact I think it would screw the community more than help it. There are a lot of things wrong with the game. This isn’t one of them sorry. 
    That’s exactly what we did in 16, think they stopped it in early 17.  We would collect from multiple clubs, even jump in and collect after event ended.  While it was nice to be the collector it wasn’t cool if you had a huge lead all weekend and a bunch of guys popped in on Sunday night and stole it.
    I'm confused by what you mean by 5.7 and 5.8.  You mean the round and level? 
    - Blueleopard
  • Options
    edited April 2020
    Millecors said:
    So do you think you should also be able to get a lottery ticket 10 minutes after they start drawing the numbers? 🤷‍♂️🤷‍♂️🤷‍♂️
    You're dumb 
  • Options
    whynot said:
    That’s exactly what we did in 16, think they stopped it in early 17.  We would collect from multiple clubs, even jump in and collect after event ended.  While it was nice to be the collector it wasn’t cool if you had a huge lead all weekend and a bunch of guys popped in on Sunday night and stole it.
    Well to both of you, I said if you were in a club and the event started, i agree you should not be able to join a new team. I'm not disagreeing with that. But if you were not in a club, I dont see the harm in allowing someone to join.  It would be a fairly simple code to check if a player was in a club or not after 4:00pm when the event starts. 
  • Options
    bjamons said:
    You're an dumb 
    🤣🤣🤣 I needed this thank you. 
  • Options
    bjamons said:
    You're an dumb 
    🤣🤣🤣 I needed this thank you. 
    Lol yeah I think I shot myself with that one 🤣. Tried edited before it was caught ha
  • Options
    MillecorsMillecors Registered Users, Member 754 Posts
    bjamons said:
    Millecors said:
    You're dumb 
    Said the guy bitching because he can't tell time. 🤔🤔🤔
    Some books just write themselves...
  • Options
    Millecors said:
    bjamons said:
    Millecors said:
    You're dumb 
    What you said was just moronic. "Oh I wish I could buy a ticket after the lottery was pulled" 

How does that compare to being late to a 48 hour event. 
    "Oh you cant tell time. You are so dumb"

No... I have a job still, something I'm sure you lost since you prowl this forum to troll.  Unimportant  people always need to stick their noses. 
    "I'm sure you wont have a job for long if you cant tell time"

I stand by my remark, you are dumb.
  • Options
    Yup, they should do a 4 hour grace period, then dummies that miss that be 8 minutes can whine.
    - Blueleopard
  • Options
    FrankTheTank04FrankTheTank04 Registered Users, Member 1,094 Posts
    lol you just got that story all wrong, keep trying though!
    Just no.  
  • Options
    whynot said:
    Yup, they should do a 4 hour grace period, then dummies that miss that be 8 minutes can whine.
    8 seconds bud ;)
  • Options
    Tdub71Tdub71 Registered Users, Member 1,876 Posts
    8 seconds, 8 minutes, 8 hours, 8 days, blah, blah, blah.  

You missed the mandatory cut-off.  Rules are rules, and that is one of very few that has been consistent for a long time.

The same thing happened to me twice in '19.  Suck it up buttercup.
  • Options
    cooldowncanadacubscooldowncanadacubs Registered Users, Member 643 Posts
    Ya man. Sorry, rules are rules. Zero sympathy from anyone here. This isn’t like being 8 seconds late to work or a dentist appointment. The very device you play with is equipped with a clock...and subsequently, an alarm clock. 
  • Options
    Cooz19Cooz19 Registered Users 1,256 Posts
    whynot said:
    Yeah that was the big club strategy in 16. We had one guy hopping around starting clubs until he found a bracket that sucked, then we'd all join, binging on videos until then. 

It's all we had 😂
  • Options
    edited April 2020
    Millecors said:
    bjamons said:
    Millecors said:
    bjamons said:
    Millecors said:
    You're dumb 
    What you said was just moronic. "Oh I wish I could buy a ticket after the lottery was pulled" 

How does that compare to being late to a 48 hour event. 
    "Oh you cant tell time. You are so dumb"

No... I have a job still, something I'm sure you lost since you prowl this forum to troll.  Unimportant  people always need to stick their noses. 
    "I'm sure you wont have a job for long if you cant tell time"

I stand by my remark, you are dumb.
    You are a very angry and emotionally challenged person.   I am glad you can see into people's lives through that screen, very impressive indeed. You may now kill yourself. 
    This kind of stuff is not only uncalled for but should be removed.  There needs to be lines not crossed and telling someone that is definitely one.
    - Blueleopard
  • Options
    BigpredfanBigpredfan Registered Users 3,306 Posts
    Cooz19 said:
    whynot said:
    Yeah that was the big club strategy in 16. We had one guy hopping around starting clubs until he found a bracket that sucked, then we'd all join, binging on videos until then. 

It's all we had 😂
    Tiering our on the weekends also gave you something like 500 gold. My club would take multiple clubs to tier out and then collect one at a time Monday morning. That’s if we couldn’t get first to get a prime player like Jose Reyes with his 9/5/9 rating 
This discussion has been closed.