WOH Royale 4/15

Comments

• TBWepaTBWepa Registered Users, Member 276 Posts
    TXAG17 said:
    I’m 0-15 against Greinke with max skill G10 Foil Harper. I’ve never felt so defeated by this game
    0-10 against home with about a 1000 gold thrown at it. 
  • Icemz7Icemz7 Registered Users, Member 32 Posts
    8 boxes and the best thing I’ve gotten is Ji-Man so I guess I won’t be participating much today
  • Itsouttahere2Itsouttahere2 Registered Users, Member 697 Posts
    dkarski87 said:
    Maybe @DFBB can weigh in on this. Or find out if @blueleopard ir anyone else is still working at GLU.
    Their silence speaks volumes, shameful. 
  • MattattackMattattack Registered Users 1,971 Posts
    I was 0/2 against Grienke with my keeper Brett and neither attempt was very close.  But just with the way the ABs went I can tell it will take me a little bit to get the timing down.   Nubbed and noodled the slow pitches down the middle.   I figure I can eventually get it but is it worth the gold in boosts for a dude I wouldnt level anyway?  Probably not.   It took me around 10 times to get Corbins timing down on monday and I dont think that was worth it either.   Either way it what is,  just switched to videos and will try again later once more then call it.
  • dkarski87dkarski87 Registered Users, Member 3,040 Posts
    Im well over 40 attempts now, and the only reason I keep trying is ego and principal at this point. Like @MoenPDC said the amount it takes to beat it is a fuckin joke. Some will get lucky with RNG and get it fairly quick and cheap. But you can tell when they **** with code because the pitchers you normally make contact with shouldn't be grounders, weak pop ups or limp dick syndrome. I dont think its too much to ask for the game to be made beatable within reason. 3-8k gold a cycle is not that. I normally dont have these types of issues till they start fuckin around in the back end. They can deny it all they want @blueleopard but when the switch goes off 95% of the woh people can tell its become a gold grab. Wake the **** up, nobody wants to play a game where they are constantly feels like you have no chance to win.  Why dont you ask your moderator @DFBB how he feels about it. Might give you perspective.
    "Oops we need to restart! Yeap that's 2019 for ya!"
    – The Great Houmy
  • drsmartassphddrsmartassphd Registered Users, Member 3,133 Posts
    Don’t know about you guys, but if I don’t win, I don’t spend. Up to 100K in gold now. Just keep stashing for when it will be worth it.

Yes, we are aware of the game having crashing issues in the middle of WoH, but we can't compensate you for the gold you lost at this time. This is done on a case by case basis. - TSB Customer Service

• Tdub71Tdub71 Registered Users, Member 1,876 Posts
    Don’t know about you guys, but if I don’t win, I don’t spend. Up to 100K in gold now. Just keep stashing for when it will be worth it.
    So 2022-ish?
  • BigpredfanBigpredfan Registered Users 3,306 Posts
    You are gonna be in a real nice position when we get the first bump and it includes 400 primes in July. 
  • TheFullMonteTheFullMonte Registered Users, Member 1,589 Posts
    dkarski87 said:
    Maybe @DFBB can weigh in on this. Or find out if @blueleopard ir anyone else is still working at GLU.

Blue has been in the Suggestions/Feedback forum, but hasn't been in main forum or responded to a PM in over two weeks
    @drsmartassphd I enjoy playing, when I have fun. I spend more. Thats how these things usually work. Should I be spending on this game? **** no. But I can tell you for a fact that the guys that spend 50 - 100k on this game a year are also on the breaking point. I dont understand what they are trying to accomplish here, and the people that are suppose to rely this information like @blueleopard are fukin ghosts, only shows up once every fuckin 2 months.
    – The Great Houmy
  • jalapenocubbiesjalapenocubbies Registered Users, Member 1,057 Posts
    I purposely didn’t attempt woh because my Monday experience was horrendous. I bought 20 boxes and got a 4.5 star that’s it. That’s not many but I’m still 0 for whatever since pulling foil judge in getting the top prize in a box. They make odds crap and woh unbeatable because they can. Everyone will be back to play the next time it’s out. Everyone’s mad about odds and Cost so they run a gauntlet and suddenly money is pouring in. Is what it is at this point. No one to blame but myself for being stupid and still trying. I hate that it isn’t playable for me anymore but that’s the route they chose to go.
    @jalapenocubbies Im with you man. Its my own fault. But for 95% of people here. WOH is the life blood of this game. Its how you build, without it we are forced to buy our resources. You need 2m cash? Sure 49.00. Need a player. Sure 19.99.

I get it, its a business. Like you said, they ran a gauntlet and look at those scores for a prime event. They are laughing their asses off at everyone.
    – The Great Houmy
  • Itsouttahere2Itsouttahere2 Registered Users, Member 697 Posts
    dkarski87 said:
    @jalapenocubbies Im with you man. Its my own fault. But for 95% of people here. WOH is the life blood of this game. Its how you build, without it we are forced to buy our resources. You need 2m cash? Sure 49.00. Need a player. Sure 19.99.

I get it, its a business. Like you said, they ran a gauntlet and look at those scores for a prime event. They are laughing their asses off at everyone.
    I get it. Trust me. My plan this year was to stay silver or gold and just play woh and events if I could get lucky on boxes. Unfortunately I’ve had shit luck on boxes and woh was impossible at silver and my first time on Monday I went 0-11 and scored 2 total runs in all attempts before stopping. It’s why I didn’t try. It’s an absolute gut punch. But this is the route they go and unfortunately the game has gotten to expensive for me to keep up anymore. You either need extreme luck or unlimited funds to just keep chasing boxes. I have neither of those right now so it is what it is. 
  • JTPASTORJTPASTOR Registered Users, Member 456 Posts

560 Gold spent. Boosts on 6.9 and 6.10 and one restart on 6.10 w/ boost. 
  • Cooz19Cooz19 Registered Users 1,256 Posts
    Remember when this thread had 2k views with maybe 100 comments an hour before the event even started? 
  • whammo911whammo911 Registered Users, Member 963 Posts
    edited April 2020
    Woh died last year...some people were just in denial...then they asked for it to be harder thinking the prize would get better...nope...but they did stop silver teams from cycling without spending ridiculous amounts of gold...another month gold teams won’t be able to cycle without crazy spending...oh well 
  • redlegs2018uredlegs2018u Registered Users, Member 1,048 Posts
    I finally did win one today (had been previously 0-28 on Royale tower day). He throws a funny changeup that kinda shifts slightly, though honestly it’s a lot of noodle bat offerings than straight 9x BS.  I didn’t mind the prize because I only had 3 true RHB on the roster.  
  • BOZZCOBOZZCO Registered Users, Member 102 Posts
    dfbb made made his mark last year cycling woh ... this year last I heard stayed bronze and ass **** newbs in hr battles.  Insider information maybe  who knows..  this year so far WOH is a joke 
  • cooldowncanadacubscooldowncanadacubs Registered Users, Member 643 Posts
    BOZZCO said:
    dfbb made made his mark last year cycling woh ... this year last I heard stayed bronze and ass **** newbs in hr battles.  Insider information maybe  who knows..  this year so far WOH is a joke 
    Our ambassador would never exploit new players! 
  • aaronchennaaronchenn Registered Users, Member 455 Posts
    edited April 2020
    Got it done first try with Shohei S10 skill at 8.
  • retirepujolsretirepujols Registered Users, Member 4,855 Posts
    edited April 2020
    You hags ( @dkarski87 ) keep tagging the wrong blueleopard expecting him to show up.. @blueleopard is not the same account as @[Glu Sports] blueleopard 
    "It's amazing how much work you can put in without gangly-ass legs in the way" - Sir Tdub71
  • cooldowncanadacubscooldowncanadacubs Registered Users, Member 643 Posts
    You hags ( @dkarski87 ) keep tagging the wrong blueleopard expecting him to show up.. @blueleopard is not the same account as @[Glu Sports] blueleopard 
    I don’t know what @retirepujols is talking about, but I’d like to thank @dkarski87 for the VIP badges he gave to my clubs top performers. It’s nice to know someone cares about us in these tough times 🙌
    sob
    – The Great Houmy
  • babyjbootsbabyjboots Registered Users, Member 465 Posts
    Ha, classic!
  • MattattackMattattack Registered Users 1,971 Posts
    whammo911 said:
    Woh died last year...some people were just in denial...then they asked for it to be harder thinking the prize would get better...nope...but they did stop silver teams from cycling without spending ridiculous amounts of gold...another month gold teams won’t be able to cycle without crazy spending...oh well 
    correct.  If you are still just playing the game for WOH only, I'd honestly suggest deleting the app.   2018 is long gone.    Also gold teams cant really cycle.   Yes its beatable in gold but you arent able to multi-cycle.   

Since the 6th tier was added I’ve been saying this. 
  • HereComesBreamHereComesBream Registered Users, Member 6 Posts
    dkarski87 said:
    Im well over 40 attempts now, and the only reason I keep trying is ego and principal at this point. Like @MoenPDC said the amount it takes to beat it is a fuckin joke. Some will get lucky with RNG and get it fairly quick and cheap. But you can tell when they **** with code because the pitchers you normally make contact with shouldn't be grounders, weak pop ups or limp dick syndrome. I dont think its too much to ask for the game to be made beatable within reason. 3-8k gold a cycle is not that. I normally dont have these types of issues till they start fuckin around in the back end. They can deny it all they want @blueleopard but when the switch goes off 95% of the woh people can tell its become a gold grab. Wake the **** up, nobody wants to play a game where they are constantly feels like you have no chance to win.  Why dont you ask your moderator @DFBB how he feels about it. Might give you perspective.
    I have no idea what you're talking about @dkarski87
  • lovingcurveslovingcurves Registered Users, Member 279 Posts
    @drsmartassphd you are playing 20 ? All hope is lost then, addiction is too strong 😢
  • MetsicansMetsicans Registered Users, Member 1,046 Posts

The thing is, I could probably live with the shift away from WOH, if the other modes were still playable.  Slugfest is no problem but the reward and bonus points make it worthless; the one time they made it a real event, it was turned up to impossible mode.  At silver, streaking is impossible, and even winning 4 out of 5 primes games is an achievement (unless your win total is low, then you get a short reprieve).  Bonus games?  I mean, forget it.  I'm getting matched with Gold 10 prize box pitchers, I have no chance. 

So what is left?  I could go gold, but I'm told these problems aren't much better there.  I have nothing left to play for but addiction and clubmates I've been with for years.  That won't be enough for much longer. I bought my club a $15 gift today and now plan to take the rest of the day off.  So I guess Glu is still sucking me in, but again -- not for long.