Options

Move to gold?

Tdub71Tdub71 Registered Users, Member 1,876 Posts
Do you guys think I have enough roster and resources built up to move to gold, and not be a doormat?  I can scrounge about 58k more bxp, by dumping all my inactives.

I only have Trout and Garver in for SF.  I also have 315 Harper, 315 Tatis, and 317 Yelich (from draft picks) at S10, if I need them.  

Comments

• Options
    jalapenocubbiesjalapenocubbies Registered Users, Member 1,057 Posts
    It’s approx 25k bxp per player to go from silver 10 to gold 10. Not counting keepers at 3x and ML at 5x. Evo and gold you’re fine. I’d probably get more
    bxp first. I just went gold Monday and was able to cap my whole team. Also it’s 1 million cash per upgrade and i wanted to cap my hitting ones atleast. I think your light in bxp and cash but if you’re ok slowly building then go for it. Otherwise keep stacking resources and don’t waste any. 
  • Options
    Thanks, @jalapenocubbies, that is what I thought.  I am finding that much bxp tougher to raise than I thought it would be.  I will probably tough it out in silver for another week or so, then jump, and take my lumps until I can finish capping my lineup.  I will probably only take 1 RP to G10, and ML is not a huge concern, but I want to get up to speed as quickly as I can.  F2P is slow-going...
  • Options
    You can obviously save a little if you buy FP during the week. But if you’re set at completely F2P if wait. You aren’t missing anything. These players all suck and WOH isn’t a breeze at gold anyway, unless you get the lucky rng. Stay silver and build resources for players who actually matter. 
  • Options
    iratepirateiratepirate Registered Users, Member 306 Posts
    edited April 2020
    What bad thing would happen by moving up "too soon" that isn't already happening to you now at silver?
    Is it WOH-related?
    I moved up to gold a few days ago, because I couldn't win bonus games or more than half my primes games.
    Literally all my upgrades were at 40/40.

I decided to move up and realized I couldn't even get the last 36 wins I needed to reach the playoffs. I finally made it by using ice packs on BGs and playing a bunch of MATCH ME games.

I then immediately capped my Yankees pennants (the only team I've used any pennants on - my keepers are Ruth and Posada).

I then leveled Ruth and Posada to G10 and got my ML to G7. A week later I capped my SP1. Everyone else is at S10.

I have no regrets. BGs got easier. So did prime games. CVC and season mode are either better or the same. As for WOH, I couldn't even cycle warm-up, so no noticable difference there.

Actually season mode playoffs might be easier now, because nerfing creates a bigger differential.

The same scenario happened that forced me from bronze to silver. 18 game and 16 game BG losing streaks.

Keepers: Ruth/Posada/Paige. ML is SS (RHP/RHP) - I went Platinum June 17
  • Options
    I was probably spewing a lot of ignorance there, but I am curious. Please set me straight.
    Thanks
  • Options
    judgesmails1judgesmails1 Registered Users, Member 114 Posts
    I’m gonna make the jump soon with even less resources. Go for it.
  • Options
    edited April 2020
    @iratepirate, everything you said makes good sense to me. 

WOH is "meh", since the rewards have rarely been more than a marginal upgrade, anyway.  

Season mode is fine.  I have had 95+ wins in all 4 seasons I completed, and won finals in 2 of them.  29-3 in the current season.

CVC/Target Bash/EB are fine.  I am going back to playing solo soon, so I can win enough either way.

Prime games I am winning about half, or a little better, but I really only care about them if I have good bonus players.

I am getting smoked in BGs (I have about 400 or so stocked up), and I can't win a tourney game for shit.

The biggest reason, is that I was originally planning to be in diamond, and cycling 2-4 times/week by July.  If I want to stay on that track, it just seems like it's time.

If I want to stay F2P, and feel relevant, I will eventually have to have that D6 gold, to go with the vid grind (which I absolutely loathe).

Edited for content, and to run in the time allotted...
  • Options
    What bad thing would happen by moving up "too soon" that isn't already happening to you now at silver?
    Is it WOH-related?
    I moved up to gold a few days ago, because I couldn't win bonus games or more than half my primes games.
    Literally all my upgrades were at 40/40.

I decided to move up and realized I couldn't even get the last 36 wins I needed to reach the playoffs. I finally made it by using ice packs on BGs and playing a bunch of MATCH ME games.

I then immediately capped my Yankees pennants (the only team I've used any pennants on - my keepers are Ruth and Posada).

I then leveled Ruth and Posada to G10 and got my ML to G7. A week later I capped my SP1. Everyone else is at S10.

I have no regrets. BGs got easier. So did prime games. CVC and season mode are either better or the same. As for WOH, I couldn't even cycle warm-up, so no noticable difference there.

Actually season mode playoffs might be easier now, because nerfing creates a bigger differential.

The same scenario happened that forced me from bronze to silver. 18 game and 16 game BG losing streaks.

Because it’s a short term fix. Soon at gold you’ll be losing most of your games too, if you aren’t capping upgrades or most of your gold team and losing you’ll want to move to plat and just be that much farther behind. Technically nothing would stop you though. For me, I just didn’t want to move up until I could cap my whole team. Now I don’t need to worry about trying to level players unless it’s someone new who makes my team better. I can keep stashing resources in case I want to move up again. In the end moving up may help you win more now, but eventually you’ll run in to the same problem at gold level. 
  • Options
    slafrance2slafrance2 Registered Users, Member 1,370 Posts
    I went to gold with 100k ish xp. With the way the game is stalled (for whatever reason) I just did it and had fun getting the limited resources. 
  • Options
    edited April 2020
    moving up may help you win more now, but eventually you’ll run in to the same problem at gold level. 
    Ah, I see. I wondered if it would happen at gold too.
    Thanks.

Last year, I ended up at diamond because I was clueless. It didn't stay at any level long enough to start having the problems winning BGs, etc. At diamond, BGs started off hard and got easier. 

In 2019, I was never able to cap any legends (because I stupidly leveled 5 at the same time as I went). I finally capped a couple of low 400s primes at the end and some 370-390 max BXP players. And I had uncapped legends in the mid to high 400s. At the end I was winning 95% of my BGs and 99% of my prime games. Tourneys were easy too. I could only cycle WOH classic and not even that every week. I was winning most CVCs. I still had a lot of fun. I want to do it "right" this season, but it's not as simple as I assumed.

Thanks again
  • Options
    TheFullMonteTheFullMonte Registered Users, Member 1,589 Posts
    edited April 2020

So those that have jumped, what's the optimum amount of cash and XP to do so?  I can't stand silver and want to jump as fast as I can

The math I'm looking at for 6 pitchers, 7 hitters, 3 keepers, and 1 my legend equals 677,700 BXP with no discount.

It looks like each standard player takes 25,100 BXP to go from S10 to G10.

Does that math look right?

• Options
    aaronchennaaronchenn Registered Users, Member 455 Posts

So those that have jumped, what's the optimum amount of cash and XP to do so?  I can't stand silver and want to jump as fast as I can

The math I'm looking at for 6 pitchers, 7 hitters, 3 keepers, and 1 my legend equals 677,700 BXP with no discount.

Weren't keepers cost reduced to 3x? Or was that only skills?
  • Options
    cooldowncanadacubscooldowncanadacubs Registered Users, Member 643 Posts
    I don’t even consider what I have for reserves. Just do what you want. It all works out in the end. 
  • Options
    COWPILEYCOWPILEY Registered Users, Member 825 Posts

Don’t forget the $1m blue cash per upgrade for at least the hitting upgrades
  • Options
    I don’t even consider what I have for reserves. Just do what you want. It all works out in the end. 
    Sure, but if you’re in a club and rolling a bunch of G2 and G3 hitters out in an event...you’re gonna be pretty worthless 
  • Options
    cooldowncanadacubscooldowncanadacubs Registered Users, Member 643 Posts
    Sure, but if you’re in a club and rolling a bunch of G2 and G3 hitters out in an event...you’re gonna be pretty worthless 
    That’s only true for woh and Slugfest. The bulk of the events don’t use your tier as a reference point for matchups. Woh is a complete disaster so far this year. I just don’t see the issue. If you want to be a gold team, go for it. Sooner the better so that you acclimatize yourself to the costs of leveling players. In bronze and silver you can get a player and level them up at will, but that’s as far as you get. You won’t be overly helpful to your club
  • Options

579,810 bxp and 1,739,430 cash for all starters/bench including 3 keepers and ML but this is with the weekday 30% field pass. So your math is pretty close. The cash for upgrades is tough but I just made sure I had enough to cap 4 hitting skills.
  • Options
    How much cash to upgrade the 4 hitting upgrades?
  • Options
    garba21garba21 Registered Users, Member 5 Posts
    If you are still winning matchups in prime events and bonus games I would stay and save. Just to get max upgrades of hitters/pitchers when you make the jump. But if you are losing games you are favored to win its time to go to gold. It basically resets the playing field and you won't pull level 16 pitchers that kick your butt.
  • Options
    COWPILEYCOWPILEY Registered Users, Member 825 Posts
    $4 mil per @DFBB table