Keeper and My Legend bumps

25Jackie25Jackie Registered Users, Member 245 Posts
My precious keepers that  I worried about getting last year are getting cut and benched. Could we please have our Keeper and MyLegend bumps to make theme worth playing?
Prev134

Comments

• jalapenocubbiesjalapenocubbies Registered Users, Member 1,057 Posts
    They are worth playing if you invested in skills. Stop looking at player overall rating and realize keepers are just as good or better than the current players. They have double skills which keep their rating up. 
  • TyroneEastwoodTyroneEastwood Registered Users, Member 424 Posts
    edited April 2020
    They are worth playing if you invested in skills. Stop looking at player overall rating and realize keepers are just as good or better than the current players. They have double skills which keep their rating up. 
    Yeah I'll put my diamond 1 max skilled Mickey in from time to time. Even at D1 he still  hits like .350-.400
  • BigTuna421BigTuna421 Registered Users, Member 20 Posts
    Yea with the proper skills, my keeper goes from what otherwise would the number 1 most bench warming-worthy player, to my number 1 option for walk off hero
  • 25Jackie25Jackie Registered Users, Member 245 Posts
    O.k. I get all that and use them all and are leveled out. Just saying it's time for a bump. Relax 
  • 25Jackie25Jackie Registered Users, Member 245 Posts
    WE all in this together?
  • jalapenocubbiesjalapenocubbies Registered Users, Member 1,057 Posts
    Bumping them would make them substantially better than any player in the game. I’m not disagreeing with you but there is no way Glu is doing that. They want keepers to remain less desirable so people continue to chase bonus boxes and new players. Any increase right now makes them the best player. They likely won’t get bumped until double skill players come in, possibly even prime players. 
  • TyroneEastwoodTyroneEastwood Registered Users, Member 424 Posts
    25Jackie said:
    O.k. I get all that and use them all and are leveled out. Just saying it's time for a bump. Relax 

• Tdub71Tdub71 Registered Users, Member 1,876 Posts
    With both skills at 8, and active, both my keepers are around 170 hit at S10.  That is really solid right now.  It is disappointing that they are not much use for SF or battles, but them's the breaks.  FWIW, Hoyt's stuff rating is still 156 at S10.  That is 16 points higher than any other SP I have right now...
  • fahhq2fahhq2 Registered Users, Member 850 Posts
    25Jackie said:
    WE all in this together?
    Mostly-except @Bigpredfan 😘 thanks @25Jackie and just remember...we appreciate you cuz,,,,, we ARE all in this together
  • mythicaldragonmythicaldragon Registered Users, Member 2,418 Posts
    edited April 2020
    They are just as good or better than current players until they release a 3rd and 4th skill. 

Anyone know now when to expect the first bump?
  • cb11cb11 Registered Users, Member 341 Posts
    Opening Day
  • aaronchennaaronchenn Registered Users, Member 455 Posts
  • BigpredfanBigpredfan Registered Users 3,306 Posts
    I’m starting to fully expect the first bump to come in about 1-2 months, and for it to have 420 primes. Straight from 315 to 420 primes. 
  • mythicaldragonmythicaldragon Registered Users, Member 2,418 Posts
    I’m starting to fully expect the first bump to come in about 1-2 months, and for it to have 420 primes. Straight from 315 to 420 primes. 
    If that is the case I’m done building my team until then lol other than a few pitchers 
  • Tdub71Tdub71 Registered Users, Member 1,876 Posts
    Good lord, I hope that is not the case.  However, it would not be the least bit surprising.
  • MattattackMattattack Registered Users 1,971 Posts
    Keepers main value is pre prime players because they fall behind usually after that.   But now we arent even getting that small window where they carry us.   Pretty disappointing, whether they get bumped today or in 1-2 months, they already arent as useful as the previous year
  • dkarski87dkarski87 Registered Users, Member 3,040 Posts
    @Mattattack your wrong. Everyone is looking at their overall rating which means nothing. The 600 keepers are on par with the current foil players in terms of hit and power ratings. Add the 2nd skills and they are better then the current players available. Max overall means nothing here, I actually love where they are now because it only costs me 20g to reuse them in WOH versus 80 to 100 if they get bumped.
    "Oops we need to restart! Yeap that's 2019 for ya!"
    – The Great Houmy
    dkarski87 said:
    @Mattattack your wrong. Everyone is looking at their overall rating which means nothing. The 600 keepers are on par with the current foil players in terms of hit and power ratings. Add the 2nd skills and they are better then the current players available. Max overall means nothing here, I actually love where they are now because it only costs me 20g to reuse them in WOH versus 80 to 100 if they get bumped.
    Agree to disagree.   I dont look at things just for WOH as that is mode just isnt what it used to be.   WOH used to be my favorite event once upon a time and its probably the day I look forward too the least now.  Although this is probably more of conversation about where WOH is then a Keeper convo.  HR battles have become a bigger thing this year, and the power rating for keeper is so far behind other players, which in terms makes them a lesser option for target bash as well.   Also they arent as useful for cvc if you chose a 2x RHP batter because Glu has been able to switch between a righty and lefty pitcher.   When a lefty pitcher comes up my Keeper George Brett is easily my biggest liability.   I guess my point is they where much more useful to me in April 2019 then April 2020 given the pace of the game.
    Yea I agree with that in regardless to bash and derby. But keepers weren't made for that. They are designed for WOH and perhaps prime , bgs, etc.. where the skills come into effect. Keepers have no value in bash or derby because they have no skills active in them. Dont worry, maybe they will sell sanchez 2.0 this weekend with +1 power rating over the last version for $20.
    – The Great Houmy
    Guys this is the forums. 

If 2 people disagree, we can’t do it cordially here. Take that agree to disagree stuff to Line or something. I come to the forums for 2 reasons

1.  The charts on the helpful thread
    2. looking for reasons to make popcorn. I just went to Sam’s and have about 30 bags just waiting 
    Guys this is the forums. 

If 2 people disagree, we can’t do it cordially here. Take that agree to disagree stuff to Line or something. I come to the forums for 2 reasons

2. looking for reasons to make popcorn. I just went to Sam’s and have about 30 bags just waiting 
    disagree B)
    I agree with @Mattattack 100%. But keepers just weren't made for bash or derby based on their power ratings. Maybe a math whiz can crunch the numbers, how much will the power ratings go up if the keeper factor goes up .3 .5 etc.. I cant see it being a huge difference.
    – The Great Houmy
  • JTPASTORJTPASTOR Registered Users, Member 456 Posts
    Guys this is the forums. 

😂😂😂
    Now we have 2-skill players available at 320. Keepers and ML just fell behind (even more)
  • Thrasher645Thrasher645 Registered Users, Member 4 Posts
    Hey gotta a keeper question...I have my P- Cy Young and OF Babe Ruth as my first 2 keepers(and only all time greats I got) but who would you choose as your last keeper between C Johnny Bench, 2b Davey Johnson, or 3b Tim Wallach. I also have OF Jim rice, and OF Luis Gonzalez. Obviously all are 600 max. But the last one is what’s keeping me from picking my keepers. I was thinking 2 OF I don’t really want that. Babe and Tim Wallach I like. 
    I don’t care if I spend money to upgrade my keepers in fact I used mine last year especially the pitcher that’s the best keeper! I used him #1 all the way even if he was ranked a few levels lower. 

Let me know what you think I’m just wondering...
     - Sam C.
  • JTPASTORJTPASTOR Registered Users, Member 456 Posts
    @Thrasher645 Bench is who I’d choose. Others maybe would say Gonzo. 
  • whynotwhynot Registered Users, Member 1,749 Posts
    I suggest you keep the one that helps you the most in the game mode you like best (someone else gave that advice, not mine).  For me it’s WOH, but that is just my preference, definitely not that important.  
    I'm confused by what you mean by 5.7 and 5.8.  You mean the round and level? 
    - Blueleopard
    JTPASTOR said:
    @Thrasher645 Bench is who I’d choose. Others maybe would say Gonzo. 
    I was thinking Bench even before I chose Babe. So I like it.
     - Sam C.
    whynot said:
    I suggest you keep the one that helps you the most in the game mode you like best (someone else gave that advice, not mine).  For me it’s WOH, but that is just my preference, definitely not that important.  
    That’s what I’ve been reading a lot on the forums lately. A lot of people have been choosing based on mode. 
    I play prime, bonus, weekend/Wed Royale all the time but WOH/Slugfest, it’s once in a while meaning every other week sometimes every week if needed or awesome player. 
     - Sam C.
  • ShoveItUpYoenis2ShoveItUpYoenis2 Registered Users, Member 952 Posts
    25Jackie said:
    WE all in this together?

We tried to be but you won’t let any of us in your girls only club