Double charged

RookieTapperRookieTapper Registered Users, Member 160 Posts
First off, I’ll start by saying I’m a “free to play” player. The only thing I purchase is the $9.99 stadium investment (I feel it’s a good value, plus it gets rid of those awful pop up ads). I happened to be going through my credit card bill and I see two identical $9.99 purchases. After looking into it, of course they double charged me for the stadium investment. I contacted support and they gave me the generic “Glu does not issue refunds” spill. To which I replied that this was, indeed, not a refund but a double charge for something I can’t even physically buy twice. And, almost with an identical response as the first time, responded with a copy of the terms stating that they do not issue refunds. I know it’s only $10, but this is ridiculous. What kind of company operates this way? If Amazon, Walmart, Best Buy, etc accidentally double charges you, are they going to refuse to give you your money back? The answer to that is no. Glu, by definition, stole money from me and is refusing to give it back. Sorry for the rant, just frustrated. Anybody else have this problem or similar? 

Comments

• TBWepaTBWepa Registered Users, Member 276 Posts
    edited April 2020
    Almost all of the people in my club purchase everything through iTunes. Most of the time they load up with iTunes gift cards that way there is no tax using a debit or credit card and the payment goes through apple so there is no double charge. I used my debit card before I connected it with apple and was double charged for a 4.99 deal but called my bank and was able to get it back. 
  • mythicaldragonmythicaldragon Registered Users, Member 2,418 Posts
    I purchased the cvc subscription last week as you can see above it’s not working . 30% boost is supposed to be 45% same for the x250 multiplier it’s x100 after watching the video. Long story short I went round and round with them till blue in the face... they don’t issues refunds and can’t even compensate me for the 4.99 purchase blah blah. THIS COMPANY IS ABSOLUTELY CRIMINAL! Trash 🗑 Never in my life have I witnessed such shady malpractice. EVER. 
    Fun game tho...🤷🏻‍♂️
  • iratepirateiratepirate Registered Users, Member 306 Posts
    edited April 2020
    Yeah, this has happened to me with a Field Pass purchase. They asked for the receipts. After I sent them, they said they don't issue refunds. I asked why did they ask for the receipts then. They said something like "to verify what I was saying". Good god, it's field pass. There can't be two of them for the same day!

I am now strictly F2P.
    Keepers: Ruth/Posada/Paige. ML is SS (RHP/RHP) - I went Platinum June 17
  • Cooz19Cooz19 Registered Users 1,256 Posts
    @iratepirate that sucks bro. But I'd go back to them and say you aren't asking for a refund of the product. You were charged twice for one item. You're willing to pay the listed price but not twice that amount (considering its a product that can only be bought once) and you want the second charge which isn't for anything removed. 

If they say again no refunds, take all of it and file a complaint with the App Store. The position they're taking means they're fraudulently charging you over the listed price of the product. 
  • RookieTapperRookieTapper Registered Users, Member 160 Posts
    That’s a good idea @Cooz19. That’s exactly what I did, I said I didn’t want a “refund” because that implies I purchased something. I was charged twice and only received one thing. Still the same “we don’t give refunds” load of bull crap. I may see if Apple will hear my case. I’m glad I’m a “free to play” player because I don’t want to give any of my money to a company that refuses to return money back that they (by literal definition) stole from its customers. It’s one thing if I bought a 9.99 special from the shop and it double charged me but gave me two of them, it’s another thing entirely to double charge someone, give them one item, and refuse to give them their money back. 
  • Cooz19Cooz19 Registered Users 1,256 Posts
    @RookieTapper Yeah, it sounds like they're just giving you the canned response for people who demand their money back for something. Obviously that isn't the situation you're in, and you're right. You didn't buy two packs of something; you bought something that can only be applied once, but you were charged twice. Go to Apple, point out that you've brought this to Glu's attention multiple times, and you don't feel they understand what you're asking. Also, check and make sure the double charge still remains. I get this with hotels all the time. The account verification/security deposit is doubled upon check-in for whatever reason. It has always fallen off the next day, but that money is still frozen, which is lame. 
  • ShoveItUpYoenis2ShoveItUpYoenis2 Registered Users, Member 952 Posts
    You will be able to get a refund from Apple, but it shouldn’t be that way. You shouldn’t have to jump through hoops...Glu’s terms of service state they are responsible for the app not Apple

• DFBBDFBB Registered Users, Moderators, Member, Moderator 6,602 Posts
    I have a bit of experienced with credit cards(I used to run a business). Usually, one of the charges(soft charge) will drop off on it's own. If it doesn't after a week or so, it should easily be rectified by your financial institution. Hopefully, you can avoid jumping through hoops, but this issue isn't specific to Glu. Please keep us updated.
    If you're not having fun, you're losing.
  • RookieTapperRookieTapper Registered Users, Member 160 Posts
    It shows up as a double charge on Apple’s end. After contacting them, they said I would have to contact Glu, because it came from in app purchases. I don’t blame Apple, how do they know I didn’t purchase something identical twice within the game, and then demand a refund for one of them. Either way, I have screenshots galore, and no matter how much I can try to make my point, Glu keeps telling me “we don’t issue refunds”, even though I keep explaining it isn’t a refund. Glu got an extra $10 from me, and while I won’t lose sleep over it, it’s just annoying. Anyways, they gave me like 900 gold to compensate. Seeing as I’m F2P, I would much rather my $10 back but oh well *ho hum*
  • Peony10Peony10 Registered Users, Member 2 Posts
    It happened to me also. They are serious fraudsters and it pisses me off! 
  • drsmartassphddrsmartassphd Registered Users, Member 3,133 Posts

Dear Valued Customer,

You are learning the hard way what many of our prior customers already know: We don't give a flying frick about bending you over and screwing you. In fact, our business practices encourage us to do so.

You see, we are a publically traded company, therefore our bottom line is the most important thing to us. While we appreciate you forking over money for a consistently defective product, you have to understand there is ALWAYS someone willing to give us thousands of dollars a week.  With this being the case, we are only going to look into more ways we can frick you over.

As a token of our appreciation, I encourage you to visit our store and view our new bundles.  For the low price of $99, you can get enough PxP to level one player for the week! Now, we can't assure you that what you are going to purchase is actually what you will get, but when we inevitably go in raw again, I'm sure you will understand!

Sincerely,

GLU CS

PS - We Are All In This Together!

Yes, we are aware of the game having crashing issues in the middle of WoH, but we can't compensate you for the gold you lost at this time. This is done on a case by case basis. - TSB Customer Service