WOH Royale 4/17-4/19

JTPASTORJTPASTOR Registered Users, Member 456 Posts
edited April 2020 in General TSB Discussion

Prev1

Comments

• JTPASTORJTPASTOR Registered Users, Member 456 Posts
    HR Derby

• navyjack77navyjack77 Registered Users, Member 1,299 Posts
    The 4 1/2 Star guys keep sliding. Now at 275 Max overall. This is the tournament box. 
  • dkarski87dkarski87 Registered Users, Member 3,040 Posts
    They keep reusing the same 3s as well. Both Dallas and Bradley have been used before. Laziness at their finest.
    "Oops we need to restart! Yeap that's 2019 for ya!"
    – The Great Houmy
  • BigpredfanBigpredfan Registered Users 3,306 Posts
    dkarski87 said:
    They keep reusing the same 3s as well. Both Dallas and Bradley have been used before. Laziness at their finest.
    I’ll just start saving them at this point. WOH isn’t worth my time, I’m at gold 6 so bonus games and tournaments are out. Slugfest is what I’ll be doing because I’ll get gloves and XP. 
  • MattattackMattattack Registered Users 1,971 Posts
    dkarski87 said:
    I’ll just start saving them at this point. WOH isn’t worth my time, I’m at gold 6 so bonus games and tournaments are out. Slugfest is what I’ll be doing because I’ll get gloves and XP. 
    I think alot of us are in that boat which is why the slugfest guy is only 3 stars
  • dkarski87dkarski87 Registered Users, Member 3,040 Posts
    lol yea I traded that Bradley in a few times already when he was like g5 from repulls. Didn't think they would use him a 3rd or 4th time as a bonus player.
    "Oops we need to restart! Yeap that's 2019 for ya!"
    – The Great Houmy
  • xracmanxracman Registered Users, Member 666 Posts
    I swear when those outfielders run down a ball in the gap the glove changes from one hand to the other to make the catch.
  • Thekid84Thekid84 Registered Users, Member 216 Posts
    This WOH difficulty is beyond stupid.
  • aaronchennaaronchenn Registered Users, Member 455 Posts
    is it worse than wednesday?
  • ThunderstormerThunderstormer Registered Users, Member 215 Posts
    This is a complete and utter farce... Way to go Glu! Fancy player pictures is just lipstick on pigs and the geniuses at Glu HQ seem to have forgotten, if they ever knew, that they developed a great team building baseball game. Now it’s a worthless flood of “bonus” players with 2 day shelf lives we’re supposed to use building club points to earn more worthless prizes that have no relation to the skewed difficulty and laughable match-ups. Maybe it’s just me, but I simply want to play a baseball game with a team I build and manage that has some relation to reality. MLB should pull their license from these clowns
  • navyjack77navyjack77 Registered Users, Member 1,299 Posts
    I actually decided to try WOH today for the Royale for the first time this year. Made it past level 5 with not many hiccups. Then I go to start level 6 and realize all of them are Gold 10 pitchers. This is much harder than the highest tower on WOH Monday. I guess they want to limit or completely eliminate anyone from being able to cycle throughout the weekend without using an insane amount of gold. I’m gonna try something new by using my keepers Brett and Cabrera just about every round and see if I can make it through. I doubt it though. Might be a TSB free weekend for me if they don’t make any changes to this. A Max 310 1B at this point isn’t worth the effort or gold.
  • MattattackMattattack Registered Users 1,971 Posts
    I actually decided to try WOH today for the Royale for the first time this year. Made it past level 5 with not many hiccups. Then I go to start level 6 and realize all of them are Gold 10 pitchers. This is much harder than the highest tower on WOH Monday. I guess they want to limit or completely eliminate anyone from being able to cycle throughout the weekend without using an insane amount of gold. I’m gonna try something new by using my keepers Brett and Cabrera just about every round and see if I can make it through. I doubt it though. Might be a TSB free weekend for me if they don’t make any changes to this. A Max 310 1B at this point isn’t worth the effort or gold.
    Bingo
  • RippersRippers Registered Users, Member 332 Posts
    Beat WOH first time this year. ML G10 skills 8/8 beat Grienke on a walk off walk...lol
    Congrats @Rippers
  • babyjbootsbabyjboots Registered Users, Member 465 Posts
    WoH has been a joke this year.  They need to keep increasing the video limit.  I'm not wasting anything on it while it's ridiculous and by limiting us, I'm spending less.  Congrats.
  • aaronchennaaronchenn Registered Users, Member 455 Posts
    Difficulty feels hella jacked up. After beat WOH on wednesday, I can't even get past 4.10 now. Makes absolutely no sense.
  • TheFullMonteTheFullMonte Registered Users, Member 1,589 Posts
    I’ll be blunt… If the walk off hero difficulty isn’t changed… I will be done with this game

it’s my favorite mode by far… And they have absolutely killed it this season

OH beat Greinke first time. Spent some gold on level 6 but reasonable in my opinion.  
  • MoenPDCMoenPDC Registered Users, Member 615 Posts
    JTPASTOR said:
    OH beat Greinke first time. Spent some gold on level 6 but reasonable in my opinion.  
    I heard it’s not bad. Just went plat, about to try it, was waiting for loyalty boxes to reset to pump cash into upgrades
  • whammo911whammo911 Registered Users, Member 963 Posts
    MoenPDC said:
    I heard it’s not bad. Just went plat, about to try it, was waiting for loyalty boxes to reset to pump cash into upgrades
    It’s not shenanigan free, but very reasonable at platinum...hoping to make some xp this weekend 
  • sullipa8sullipa8 Registered Users, Member 564 Posts
    I just got it at Silver. No gold spent. It’s definitely possible, but takes a TON of perseverance. Also having keepers with double max skills helps as well. 3.10 was hard. 4.10 was a road block that took a ridiculous amount of tries to beat. In fact, getting back through 4 was hard enough. 5 is surprisingly a breeze. I beat 6.10 on my second time through. It looked like my time after getting the bases loaded and no outs with the winning run on 2nd. Then the double play ball followed by a weak infield pop up. I was sure I was screwed and heading to extra innings. But the ball was dropped and I just started laughing. 

First one of the year...cycle caaaaaaap. Since I had all weekend , did 14 cycles for this one AND I Have all day to cycle tomm 

For those of you curious here is my team. Only used a 80 gold on boost on 6.10. 
  • DFBBDFBB Registered Users, Moderators, Member, Moderator 6,602 Posts
    sullipa8 said:
    I just got it at Silver. No gold spent. It’s definitely possible, but takes a TON of perseverance. Also having keepers with double max skills helps as well. 3.10 was hard. 4.10 was a road block that took a ridiculous amount of tries to beat. In fact, getting back through 4 was hard enough. 5 is surprisingly a breeze. I beat 6.10 on my second time through. It looked like my time after getting the bases loaded and no outs with the winning run on 2nd. Then the double play ball followed by a weak infield pop up. I was sure I was screwed and heading to extra innings. But the ball was dropped and I just started laughing. 

Well done! I attempted to do the same, but failed on all four trips vs Greinke. For me, level 4 was a major pain. 
    If you're not having fun, you're losing.
  • JEDDDOGGYJEDDDOGGY Registered Users, Member 2,460 Posts
    At gold I've been having better success vs Greinke using video boost as opposed to 40 or 80 gold boost. I didn't figure this out myself, someone else alerted me to it and I have tried it and my results also support this.

So with most things TSB, just do the opposite of what makes the most sense lol.
    Today was the first time I’ve put any true effort into royale’s tower. I made it to 6-10 before falling in extras. I didn’t have any gold to truly put forth an effort. Used a 40 gold boost on 6-9 after the video restart and then watched videos to be able to do 40 gold on 6-10. I’ll be watching videos until tomorrow now. 
  • drsmartassphddrsmartassphd Registered Users, Member 3,133 Posts
    1-3 against Greinke. Brett is 6/5 on skills. No gold spent. Sitting on 110K gold. 

Yes, we are aware of the game having crashing issues in the middle of WoH, but we can't compensate you for the gold you lost at this time. This is done on a case by case basis. - TSB Customer Service

• whammo911whammo911 Registered Users, Member 963 Posts
    Nicely done!
    First one of 2020 in the books