Stanton-gate

TheFullMonteTheFullMonte Registered Users, Member 1,589 Posts
Not sure if we’ve had one of these yet, so let’s get the party started.

Glu releases boxes with 100% chance of getting Stanton.  People purchase and gift, don’t get Stanton.  Box odds changed.

Anyone want to play the “will they get a refund” game???

Comments

• TheFullMonteTheFullMonte Registered Users, Member 1,589 Posts

• maddmaxx67maddmaxx67 Registered Users, Member 140 Posts
    edited April 2020
    I grabbed him at those odds too and got him. It didn’t require me to gift. He is on my roster 
  • Thekid84Thekid84 Registered Users, Member 216 Posts
    I've not received a response yet. Probably wont until Monday.
  • BigpredfanBigpredfan Registered Users 3,306 Posts
    Please take my comments very seriously. 

If you bought a box for $.99 and expected to receive a player that is a 310 with a skill, you are dumber than Glu. 

This is the same rated player that is the prize for WOH, which many say is impossible.

also, like I’m sure many of you did, I saw the announcement first, which clearly started that you were guaranteed the player by the 10th box. 

The announcement coincided with the release of the box, and the announcement had the correct info. At worst, it was conflicting, but use your head. A player that has been available for purchase for $10 ain’t all of a sudden going to be for $.99
  • DFBBDFBB Registered Users, Moderators, Member, Moderator 6,602 Posts
    A few guys already got compensated. If it's the same for everyone, you guys will be happy.
    If you're not having fun, you're losing.
    See the source image
    edited April 2020
    DFBB said:
    A few guys already got compensated. If it's the same for everyone, you guys will be happy.

See!  Standing Tall!  Good for you fella

As soon as I receive confirmation that happiness has been received, I will go ahead and close the gate

• ShoveItUpYoenis2ShoveItUpYoenis2 Registered Users, Member 952 Posts
    For once Glu did the right thing...

If you bought a box for $.99 and expected to receive a player that is a 310 with a skill, you are dumber than Glu. 

This is the same rated player that is the prize for WOH, which many say is impossible.

also, like I’m sure many of you did, I saw the announcement first, which clearly started that you were guaranteed the player by the 10th box. 

The announcement coincided with the release of the box, and the announcement had the correct info. At worst, it was conflicting, but use your head. A player that has been available for purchase for $10 ain’t all of a sudden going to be for $.99
    Please take my comment seriously, and I would t bother trying g to call anyone names.

It dont matter of you go to a dealership and see a corvette with a sticker price of an impala, if you pay for what is advertised - regardless of content or price - you should get what you were told you were paying for.  It's that simple and no need to overcomplicate anything about it, not make assumptions on order of events in which users purchased it.

Holy crap.  That's an excellent compensation.

I can't help but wonder how many people would feel so differently about this game and this company had they handled similar situations the same way.

Willie Mays anyone???

Thekid84 said:

Please take my comment seriously, and I would t bother trying g to call anyone names.

It dont matter of you go to a dealership and see a corvette with a sticker price of an impala, if you pay for what is advertised - regardless of content or price - you should get what you were told you were paying for.  It's that simple and no need to overcomplicate anything about it, not make assumptions on order of events in which users purchased it.
    If I see a corvette listed for the price of an impala, something is wrong under the hood 
  • DFBBDFBB Registered Users, Moderators, Member, Moderator 6,602 Posts
    FYI, everyone that bought at least one seems to be getting 10x boxes and 3500 gold. Once again, Glu messes up. I would've just gave y'all Stanton and called it a day. Smh!!!!
    If you're not having fun, you're losing.
    DFBB said:
    FYI, everyone that bought at least one seems to be getting 10x boxes and 3500 gold. Once again, Glu messes up. I would've just gave y'all Stanton and called it a day. Smh!!!!

Ha!  Please shut the gate on the way out behind you
  • ShoveItUpYoenis2ShoveItUpYoenis2 Registered Users, Member 952 Posts

Holy crap.  That's an excellent compensation.

I can't help but wonder how many people would feel so differently about this game and this company had they handled similar situations the same way.

Willie Mays anyone???

Beard Oil Box. Never forget. 
    I reopened the game and had the same compensation gift waiting for me, gave them kudos in the ticket I opened.
  • retirepujolsretirepujols Registered Users, Member 4,856 Posts

Why? How about they stop ducking off 🦆? Why say the customer is dumb for a mistake the customer didn't make? Why cant we start holding them accountable? The "we ducked up" 🦆 gift was nice, but it'd be a lot cooler if they didnt have 12,000 ducks swimming around in this little pond.
    "It's amazing how much work you can put in without gangly-ass legs in the way" - Sir Tdub71
    Duck.  Rhymes with.....
  • dkarski87dkarski87 Registered Users, Member 3,040 Posts
    @retirepujols for president!
    "Oops we need to restart! Yeap that's 2019 for ya!"
    – The Great Houmy
    Duck.  Rhymes with.....
    Puck. I miss hockey 
  • dkarski87dkarski87 Registered Users, Member 3,040 Posts
    Puck me too man. My leafs were actually in the playoff picture this year.
    "Oops we need to restart! Yeap that's 2019 for ya!"
    – The Great Houmy
  • Icemz7Icemz7 Registered Users, Member 32 Posts
    You technically should be guaranteed a Stanton by the 10th box. However, I haven’t purchased a box yet and the limit is already 9/10. Incredibly fishy in my opinion 
    dkarski87 said:
    Puck me too man. My leafs were actually in the playoff picture this year.
    Preds are currently 8th. Hoping no more regular season and just start the playoffs if it comes back. Lol
  • Cooz19Cooz19 Registered Users 1,256 Posts
    Thekid84 said:
    If I see a corvette listed for the price of an impala, something is wrong under the hood 
    The car-at-the-dealership is a bad analogy for a variety of reasons, but you're both right. I wouldn't have purchased that box because experience in this game suggests it's obviously a mistake. 

But, that's not my problem. They have to honor what's listed, and if they can't, they need to make it right, just as they did. 

I was playing blackjack once and the dealer accidentally flipped the next card, a king, before the player called for a hit. The dealer can't burn the card, it has to be played, so the player doubled down, knowing he was getting a 10. Ended up winning. Those who bought the box knowing it had to be an error basically betting on the compensation for the error being better value than the  99 cents or whatever it was. Doesn't make a difference if it was meant to be what was listed. It was listed that way. 
  • jebbyjebby Registered Users, Member 2 Posts
    For once Glu did the right thing...

Wow. Wish they would do the same for me. I submitted a support ticket and nothing.