Opinion - Glu has been doing a great job

bjamonsbjamons Registered Users, Member 14 Posts
edited April 2020 in General TSB Discussion
Everyone seems to be very upset with the level and frequency players have been coming out.   If glu started releasing players that were higher levels, then we would all need to go and start purchasing even more boxes to gain back our competitive edge. 

Glu has been doing a fine job with this consistency and I don't think we as a community would like any change to this game, or the first portion of the season will be ruined.  

It is literally the same thing as pitching against  an ump with a small strike zone.  But both teams receive the same zone. 

EDIT - WOH rewards should be better as it is pretty much impossible  without a buttload of gold.

Comments

• whynotwhynot Registered Users, Member 1,749 Posts
    edited April 2020
    I respectfully disagree, in fact I think this might be the most outrageous statement ever on this forum.  

“Glu has been doing a fine job with this consistency and I don't think we as a community would like any change to this game, or the first portion of the season will be ruined.“

Was this statement said under extreme duress???
    I'm confused by what you mean by 5.7 and 5.8.  You mean the round and level? 
    - Blueleopard
  • bjamonsbjamons Registered Users, Member 14 Posts
    whynot said:
    I respectfully disagree, in fact I think this might be the most outrageous statement ever on this forum.  

“Glu has been doing a fine job with this consistency and I don't think we as a community would like any change to this game, or the first portion of the season will be ruined.“

Please explain why rather always having a close ended opinion.
  • ShoveItUpYoenis2ShoveItUpYoenis2 Registered Users, Member 952 Posts

• JTPASTORJTPASTOR Registered Users, Member 456 Posts
    I like a lot of the changes. But the pace of the game and changes to WOH have been very disappointing. If the Foil player was the reward I’d understand the difficulty. For every change they make to prevent gaining resources (cool down, woh difficulty, etc) in effort to make money...I believe it does the opposite effect. The only time I have spent this year (beyond the stadium) was during the Slugfest Only Event. By far the best event of the year. It was challenging but once adjusted very doable and a ton of fun. 

Fun=spending. 
    Not Fun=not spending. 

Maybe I am crazy, but the more fun we have the more we will spend...seems like a simple strategy with long term benefits. 
  • navyjack77navyjack77 Registered Users, Member 1,299 Posts
    @JTPASTOR I completely agree with you. As of now, I have spent $0.99 in ‘20 after spending enough to get All Star level 13 in ‘19. The difference is I was having fun in ‘19. I enjoyed the pace of the game and the difficulty of the game felt like a challenge, not a slap in the face like ‘20 feels right now. Glu is going to blame not making money on ‘20 on the delay of the baseball season, and therefore won’t even look internally at what might be the cause. Maybe things will get better when this pandemic is under control, but I will continue to be F2P until changes are made and things get more balanced within the game.
  • dkarski87dkarski87 Registered Users, Member 3,040 Posts
    Agree with @JTPASTOR.  And I have mentioned it many times, happy people will spend money & time especially when the game doesn't feel like they are being constantly cheated. But we saw this last year with pxp and lxp where you could not earn any of this via events. Everything had to be bought via XP boxes. In past years you could earn those resources. Cycle capping was the only way to make these resources in 19 and the current woh setup wont allow for that currently. Most people enjoy spending 12hrs playing WOH when you feel you are earning your resources. But having to spend thousands of gold to cycle is not feasible. The current model for 2020 is simply Pay to Play 3.0.
    "Oops we need to restart! Yeap that's 2019 for ya!"
    – The Great Houmy
  • SandpipersSandpipers Registered Users, Member 1,327 Posts
    bjamons said:I
    whynot said:

Please explain why rather always having a close ended opinion.
    There are several years worth of posts in these forums that explains why
    It's all done with mirrors
  • likenightlikenight Registered Users, Member 471 Posts
    Plant....
  • mythicaldragonmythicaldragon Registered Users, Member 2,418 Posts

• cooldowncanadacubscooldowncanadacubs Registered Users, Member 643 Posts
    Whoever wrote this thread does not represent the majority. If they can push sales, they can improve their product. It’s quite simple. We’re still in beta mode with no clue of when we’re done this soft release. Believe me, I do have empathy for what’s going on in the world. Stop spending. You can complain all you want, but if you continue to open up your purse, then it shows you see this game as some kind of investment. It isn’t. And for most, it isn’t even enjoyable. 
    Make sure to PM @cooldowncanadacubs for VIP badges. He just hooked up nephew free of charge. He also likes dirty pics so send those as well.
    – The Great Houmy
  • retirepujolsretirepujols Registered Users, Member 4,855 Posts
    dkarski87 said:
    Make sure to PM @cooldowncanadacubs for VIP badges. He just hooked up nephew free of charge. He also likes dirty pics so send those as well.
    Nobody believes you, we all know you're the one passing out VIP badges. 
    "It's amazing how much work you can put in without gangly-ass legs in the way" - Sir Tdub71
  • CalYenteCalYente Registered Users, Member 44 Posts
    I've been playing this game for years and I finally decided to delete it. This year has been horrible, one long kick to the man globes. The addiction is real, so it wasn't easy to do. But if feels pretty good. 
  • cooldowncanadacubscooldowncanadacubs Registered Users, Member 643 Posts
    dkarski87 said:
    No problem. Your nephews’ VIP badge was a one time courtesy. As for the dirty pics, Yoenis, please stop sending them to me. Thanks
  • TheRealHitKing51TheRealHitKing51 Registered Users, Member 31 Posts
    Great sarcastic thread to create discussion bro
  • matt_sackettmatt_sackett Registered Users, Member 1,540 Posts
    @dkarski87 my blue vip badge doesnt work can I get my naked pics, that you demanded back?
    Nothing in life is as beautiful as the Balsamic thread.

check your wifi, should work. Sorry no refunds.
    – The Great Houmy
  • LudwigMonsterLudwigMonster Registered Users, Member 381 Posts
    This season is just a different shade of lipstick being lathered on the same old pig.