Fast tracking Season mode

eman0023eman0023 Registered Users, Member 156 Posts
What are people’s thoughts on this? Obviously it’s dependent on winning in the post-season, and I’ve won my last 3 Season finals at Silver. The rewards aren’t great, but I do value pennants and I do need XP for a move up to Gold eventually.

Comments

• jalapenocubbiesjalapenocubbies Registered Users, Member 1,057 Posts
    Like most answers, it depends. If you higher level like plat or diamond, it’s probably worth it. Do it during fan awards though so you get the extra perk. If you plan to stay silver most of all the season, may not be worth it since eventually you’ll get enough pennants for cap everyone without much effort. 
  • dkarski87dkarski87 Registered Users, Member 3,040 Posts
    Pennants are great, pay the 150g and double up your games. Its worth it.
    "Oops we need to restart! Yeap that's 2019 for ya!"
    – The Great Houmy
  • DFBBDFBB Registered Users, Moderators, Member, Moderator 6,602 Posts
    Like most answers, it depends. If you higher level like plat or diamond, it’s probably worth it. Do it during fan awards though so you get the extra perk. If you plan to stay silver most of all the season, may not be worth it since eventually you’ll get enough pennants for cap everyone without much effort. 
    To add to this, I'm currently NOT even playing season mode at all. Fact is, I can't afford to rack up too many wins. 
    If you're not having fun, you're losing.
    @DFBB you dont play anything but HR battles. So you are not allowed to comment on this thread. I will be asking the moderator to remove you from this topic. Take care.
    – The Great Houmy
  • whammo911whammo911 Registered Users, Member 963 Posts
    To add to this, I'm currently NOT even playing season mode at all. Fact is, I can't afford to rack up too many wins. 
    Care to elaborate why? You used to be the people’s champ on here but lately you bring nothing to the table as far as insight to the discussions on here. 
    Theres no need for that, hes busy with HR battles. There's money to made there.
    – The Great Houmy
    They must have nerfed him between team strength and wins to include hr derby
    whammo911 said:
    Care to elaborate why? You used to be the people’s champ on here but lately you bring nothing to the table as far as insight to the discussions on here. 
    Many guys pm me for stuff either here or on the line app. For the most part, I've limited my activity because threads always get derailed. I'm sure you've noticed, but many of the guys who care about that stuff no longer frequent the forums.

In this particular situation, if you're gold or below, you need to be conscious of your 'wins.' Once I get to s6(don't want to be 'stuck' once I eventually jump tiers), I'll start playing seasonals again, but I wouldn't speed them up until I'm at least platinum/diamond. I also want my games to be impactful because I'm still able to win(and score) at a good rate. If I were to do seasonals, my wins would continue to climb and that would adversely effect my efficiency in terms of club points. 

Do you get club points for HR battles @DFBB? ;)
    – The Great Houmy
    dkarski87 said:
    Do you get club points for HR battles @DFBB? ;)
    No SF multipler though...

Touche, you got me. lol
    – The Great Houmy
  • eman0023eman0023 Registered Users, Member 156 Posts
    True. Good points. It’s not my plan to go past gold this year. Diamond was too much for me last year. Ill probably wait until I go gold before expediting it. I just like pennants and I think they help a lot for WoH & CvC
    eman0023 said:
    True. Good points. It’s not my plan to go past gold this year. Diamond was too much for me last year. Ill probably wait until I go gold before expediting it. I just like pennants and I think they help a lot for WoH & CvC
    The pennants debate is a different topic altogether, but I just want to add that the rewards for seasonals are not nearly as important to me now as they were a few weeks ago. Everyone's situation and priorities are different so really, only you know what's best for you. 

On a similar note, I  also want to add that once I get to to s6, I will begin playing seasonals and park at 112 games. I'll do this in hopes of rewards being updated. 
    Where's a moderator when you need one. This guy has no clue what hes talking about.
    – The Great Houmy
  • jalapenocubbiesjalapenocubbies Registered Users, Member 1,057 Posts
    To be honest I don’t even know what pennants do, besides increase team strength. I’ve heard varying things that they help your season mode and help with cvc but tbh I’ve never seen or felt an impact like I do with upgrades. 
    To me pennants even out your autoplays and nothing more...Which is helpful in mainly c vs c
  • Scioscia_FanScioscia_Fan Registered Users, Member 266 Posts
    To be honest I don’t even know what pennants do, besides increase team strength. I’ve heard varying things that they help your season mode and help with cvc but tbh I’ve never seen or felt an impact like I do with upgrades. 

They do help some because my 305 Max Scherzer 31/40 Pennants has the worst STF of my four non keeper starters. Those three guys 310 Snell, 310 Alcantara & 305 Clevinger all have 11/40 Pennants.
    All of them have a huge sample size of 250-400+ Starts. Max's ERA is 2.58 while the other three guys are around 3.70. The only explanation I can figure is his 20 extra pennant levels.