Dear Developers: WOH Edition

TheBunnyTheBunny Registered Users, Member 41 Posts
edited April 2020 in General TSB Discussion
I've been playing since 2016. I've been through all the changes, both good and bad. I applaud many of the changes over the years. I have one main complaint. The game used to be about team building. Maybe I'm alone in this opinion, but that is one of the things that made the game fun and unique. That was ruined when you introduced bonus players. Even still, my complaint isn't about bonus players.

Walk Off Hero began as a promising feature. It used to be that we could beat Walk Off Hero relatively easily if we had the best players in the game. Now, we spend and spend to get the best players in the game only to get f****d by an inferior pitcher in WOH. 

And for what? A player who will ride the bench after the day is done. 

These are my requests/suggestions:

1. Make the WOH reward the best player in the game (right now that would be a 320 with double skills) to justify the additional gold and resources spent.
OR
2. Reduce the difficulty so the best players in the game (you know, the ones we've already spent gold and real $$$ on) can beat WOH relatively easily. 

Comments

• JTANDMEJTANDME Registered Users, Member 767 Posts
    edited April 2020
    I am mostly with you on #2, don't think it should be #1 but at least tier 2. My issue is not that I am not winning the "HOF" level tower today at a good clip. It is the fact that I know of others who have combined with me to go 0-10 against Corbin with the Foil Bogarts from the weekend. He is the best player you've released so far but he can't do it? WTF

**EDIT** can't do it at least once or twice in the 10 attempts. 
  • jalapenocubbiesjalapenocubbies Registered Users, Member 1,057 Posts
    JTANDME said:
    I am mostly with you on #2, don't think it should be #1 but at least tier 2. My issue is not that I am not winning the "HOF" level tower today at a good clip. It is the fact that I know of others who have combined with me to go 0-10 against Corbin with the Foil Bogarts from the weekend. He is the best player you've released so far but he can't do it? WTF

I’m 0-11 or 0-12 myself. It’s an utter joke. I see guys beating it with 1 try. But I can’t do a damn thing against Corbin. Bad luck and bad rng is Inexcusable if you ask me. Losing a few times ok, but 0-12 is garbage. M
  • TheBunnyTheBunny Registered Users, Member 41 Posts
    JTANDME said:

I agree, JT. I haven't played WOH to win since probably October of last year. There's no point in my opinion. I know not everyone has that opinion, but I'm not going to spend to get the best players from boxes then spend even more gold on WOH to get players that will go straight to my bench. It's counterintuitive. And the event rewards don't warrant getting the bonus guy. 
    WOH used to be my favorite event. I rarely play it these days, even for resources.
  • SBxIronmanSBxIronman Registered Users, Member 49 Posts
    edited April 2020
    Not to mention the amount of time it takes just to get to that point. Nothing like spending 4-6 hours just to lose over and over again. Half of an all VIP club just outright quit after wasting money on the weekend boxes, The only “news” being posted is about crap you can spend money on in the store. The team in charge of this game has proven to be the single most tone deaf, ignorant, and uncommunicative I have ever seen. For a group that was supposedly tasked with enhancing player retention, they have failed so miserably I would have fired them all.
  • txhoneybadgertxhoneybadger Registered Users, Member 123 Posts
    I’m still wondering why the Monday Tuesday boxes are always garbage with players that aren’t the best in the game and cost 700-400 while the weekend boxes give a chance at best player max wise with decent players and only cost 500, I’m still tying to figure out why they kept bumping up the cost on Monday-Tuesday boxes last year. The start of 19 I don’t remember boxes being this much especially at the beginning of they year. Just goes to show the greed of this company 🙃
  • JTPASTORJTPASTOR Registered Users, Member 456 Posts
    @txhoneybadger IMO the FoilAlonso was the best released player (across all levels) and he was in The Monday box. I believe it’s higher because the odds are better. That said. 3 stars have no place in the boxes and the blue XP needs to be higher. 
  • judgesmails1judgesmails1 Registered Users, Member 114 Posts
    TheBunny said:
    I've been playing since 2016. I've been through all the changes, both good and bad. I applaud many of the changes over the years. I have one main complaint. The game used to be about team building. Maybe I'm alone in this opinion, but that is one of the things that made the game fun and unique. That was ruined when you introduced bonus players. Even still, my complaint isn't about bonus players.

Walk Off Hero began as a promising feature. It used to be that we could beat Walk Off Hero relatively easily if we had the best players in the game. Now, we spend and spend to get the best players in the game only to get f****d by an inferior pitcher in WOH. 

And for what? A player who will ride the bench after the day is done. 

These are my requests/suggestions:

1. Make the WOH reward the best player in the game (right now that would be a 320 with double skills) to justify the additional gold and resources spent.
    OR
    2. Reduce the difficulty so the best players in the game (you know, the ones we've already spent gold and real $$$ on) can beat WOH relatively easily. 

Agree 100%. Walkoff used to be the best event but it’s been deteriorating the since last year. It shouldn’t be so hard to win a player that doesn’t even make your team. It was perfect in 2018 after the Edwin Diaz fiasco.
  • txhoneybadgertxhoneybadger Registered Users, Member 123 Posts
    JTPASTOR said:
    @txhoneybadger IMO the FoilAlonso was the best released player (across all levels) and he was in The Monday box. I believe it’s higher because the odds are better. That said. 3 stars have no place in the boxes and the blue XP needs to be higher. 
    I don’t mind he better odds but the timer resetting if a 4 star player is pulled need to go on the the box if your going to have to spend 700 gold on it, nothing is more infuriating then filling the meter up to get a player not even worth leveling for 7000 k gold on the 10th box 😒
  • cooldowncanadacubscooldowncanadacubs Registered Users, Member 643 Posts
    #FreeMonte
    #FreeMatt
  • whynotwhynot Registered Users, Member 1,749 Posts
    #FreeMonte
    #FreeMatt
    Did they get jailed?
    I'm confused by what you mean by 5.7 and 5.8.  You mean the round and level? 
    - Blueleopard
    whynot said:
    #FreeMonte
    #FreeMatt
    Did they get jailed?
    Banned from forum
    Gotcha @cooldowncanadacubs.  Do me a favor and ask them to save me a seat, figure my time is coming.

Ask them if they need anything, I’m sure I can smuggle it in (small items only please)

- Blueleopard
    whynot said:
    Gotcha @cooldowncanadacubs.  Do me a favor and ask them to save me a seat, figure my time is coming.

Ask them if they need anything, I’m sure I can smuggle it in (small items only please)

10-4. I’ll make sure you’re comfortable. 
  • ShoveItUpYoenis2ShoveItUpYoenis2 Registered Users, Member 952 Posts
    whynot said:

Lmaooo reminds me of an episode of Orange is the new Black when Luschek agrees to smuggle in drugs but wants to keister them instead of bringing them inside textbooks. 

• TheBunnyTheBunny Registered Users, Member 41 Posts
    edited April 2020
    If I’m honest, the thing that frosts my cookies more than anything else is the 3 consecutive unhittable pitches. It’s a fried AB no matter how you try to spin it. If you want to make it difficult, great, but when you realize the house is stacked against you in a game that should be based on skill, it’s not worth my time.

I’m okay with the odds being stacked against me on boxes. That’s obviously a gamble. It shouldn’t be that way with events that require skill. 

Remove the unhittable ABs and toss in those pitches sparingly in various ABs. Make the player see the ball and decide when to swing. That’s what all the other modes do. Heck give 2 unhittable pitches per AB if you want, but 3 straight? And then multiple ABs per round like that. Yeah, no shot I’m wasting my time with that s**t. WOH should be about skill, just like target bash, slugfest, etc. 

Stop taking the bat out of our hands when we’ve gone above and beyond to purchase the players that SHOULD easily get the job done.
  • Itsouttahere2Itsouttahere2 Registered Users, Member 697 Posts
    #FreeMonte
    #FreeMatt
    I agree!
    #FreeMonte
    #FreeMatt
  • drsmartassphddrsmartassphd Registered Users, Member 3,133 Posts
    How's it going guys?

Yes, we are aware of the game having crashing issues in the middle of WoH, but we can't compensate you for the gold you lost at this time. This is done on a case by case basis. - TSB Customer Service

• MoenPDCMoenPDC Registered Users, Member 615 Posts
    JTANDME said:

I went 13/13 with foil bogarts , #diamondlife
  • retirepujolsretirepujols Registered Users, Member 4,855 Posts
    MoenPDC said:

"It's amazing how much work you can put in without gangly-ass legs in the way" - Sir Tdub71
    MoenPDC said:

I got no clue what the point if that post is but it’s way cool!  Think we could pay off Pujols with those?
    - Blueleopard
  • fahhq2fahhq2 Registered Users, Member 850 Posts
    edited April 2020
    whynot said:
    MoenPDC said:

I got no clue what the point if that post is but it’s way cool!  Think we could pay off Pujols with those?
    @MoenPDC is THE #1 dong