Need advice or at least affirmation with my assumption

ToughthundercatsToughthundercats Registered Users, Member 1,959 Posts
edited April 2020 in General TSB Discussion
In a a thread from last year, I'm sorry I don't remember where or who said it, to use blue cash not gold for team upgrades and intangibles. This year I kinda view it as being the opposite to use gold instead of blue cash for team upgrades and intangibles. I feel that that it is a better investment in your team using the gold because of how horrendous the player boxes are and odds for the top notch players. I mean seriously ATG odds for specialty 5 star players. I see it as poor investment chasing players instead of leveling up keepers and ML and your team as a whole until players offered and odds are better or they start offering player of the month/week or spotlight boxes. Opinions please. 

Comments

• BigpredfanBigpredfan Registered Users 3,306 Posts
    What else do you plan on spending the blue cash on?
  • tshea510tshea510 Registered Users, Member 1,786 Posts
    I’m hoarding gold for the pipe dream I have that one day, someone at Glu with half a brain cell, wakes up from their coma, and actually delivers boxes/rewards worth chasing. They are giving you every reason NOT to spend gold or real money on this damaged product.
    Just a Silver team from the wrong side of the tracks, so what do I know? 🤷
  • ToughthundercatsToughthundercats Registered Users, Member 1,959 Posts
    @Bigpredfan leveling players up. I haven't spent gold on any player boxes just waited to get them through gifts, achievements, and pick em's. There is not enough to justify spending gold on these boxes. If by chance I get lucky enough to pull a top flight player then I have resources to level him up and his skills. I see gold as resource that's easier to get than it was last year.
  • BigpredfanBigpredfan Registered Users 3,306 Posts
    @Bigpredfan leveling players up. I haven't spent gold on any player boxes just waited to get them through gifts, achievements, and pick em's. There is not enough to justify spending gold on these boxes. If by chance I get lucky enough to pull a top flight player then I have resources to level him up and his skills. I see gold as resource that's easier to get than it was last year.
    If by leveling up players you mean actually leveling them up, I don’t understand it. The balls you get back often make up for the cash you spend, and I normally end up making cash when I level up a player and turn in the balls for boxes. 

If you mean buying 2nd round picks for XP, then I understand that. 

I always use cash on the team upgrades. I’ll eventually use cash on tournaments, but for now it is basically for upgrades. Mine are at 60 for hitting ones, 40 for defensive ones, and 20 for the 4 non-hitting intangibles. I’m staying there for a while and just stacking up cash now. Prepping for a move past gold once I have the team where it wouldn’t fall apart if I went platinum 
  • Cooz19Cooz19 Registered Users 1,256 Posts
    tshea510 said:
    I’m hoarding gold for the pipe dream I have that one day, someone at Glu with half a brain cell, wakes up from their coma, and actually delivers boxes/rewards worth chasing. They are giving you every reason NOT to spend gold or real money on this damaged product.
    There's no reason to think they aren't going to release better players eventually. Boxes are always going to be fairly low odds, and that stands out much more now, considering it doesn't take all that much to get to the point the only player who improves your team in some way is the lowest chance you can have to get him. 

Ultimately, I'd say saving gold is the best option if you plan on playing long-term. As for the OP, you'll get the cash you need to buy upgrades/intangibles. Just be active and collect and play everything. No sense spending gold on them. 
  • DFBBDFBB Registered Users, Moderators, Member, Moderator 6,602 Posts
    If you play daily, cash will inevitably be fairly disposable whereas you can never have enough gold. 
    If you're not having fun, you're losing.
  • ToughthundercatsToughthundercats Registered Users, Member 1,959 Posts
    I think the consensus is still use blue cash for team upgrades and intangibles and hoard gold until until something comes out that is worth spending on. Thank you for everyone's valuable insight!
  • HereComesBreamHereComesBream Registered Users, Member 6 Posts
    Until you hit the 84% and can only purchase upgrades with gold. Anyone know if they will bring back the occasional discount periods for purchasing upgrades with gold? Or have I just not been noticing it?
  • scottsmith744scottsmith744 Registered Users, Member 170 Posts
    I have not seen any this year yet