Extra Bases

TBWepaTBWepa Registered Users, Member 276 Posts
Extra bases this year feels really off. As a silver team I was throwing up more points then I am gold and have better players. My upgrades are maxed and every player in my lineup is maxed including their skills. But yet I would be lucky if I score more than 10,000 points a round. When I manual play, I’d be lucky to even get a hit, when I use gold and autoplay I do worst than just autoplaying without the video boost. There are silver teams right now beating me in the ranking off of probably one round to my 5 I have played and gotten 60k. Anybody else have the same problem? 

Comments

• BigpredfanBigpredfan Registered Users 3,306 Posts
    I’m gold with all upgrades capped, still have 1 bat at S10 because I’m refusing to level him hoping for a replacement. 

I do the video boosts and score between 0 and 60K per entry. I shoot for 100K total and then stop. Normally get it in 5-6 entries. 
  • SandlotGuruSandlotGuru Registered Users, Member 285 Posts
    You and I have similar teams and I'm getting the same results.  I have to manually play about 10 entries in order to hit the 100K plateau.  I'm chalking it up to having too many dead spots in our lineups.  In your first turn through your lineup, the only players you have with active skills are Ruth (maybe) and Xander (maybe).  After you turn your lineup over and presuming everyone got a hit, you've still got Wong, Bryant, Yelich and Soto as dead spots.  My lineup is similar - IMO, just not enough skills turned on to score consistently.
  • TBWepaTBWepa Registered Users, Member 276 Posts
    edited April 2020
    Last 3 rounds I have have played have been 5,000 or lower in points with video boosts. I’ve changed up my batting order several times too but no difference. I’m sitting at 10 total tickets and 75,000 points. I get to 100k and stop too because im a gold hoarder. Lol 
  • BOZZCOBOZZCO Registered Users, Member 102 Posts
    I have a Diamond team and really only care to get to the 100k tier as well. It takes me about 12 auto plays to achieve this. Also seems the closer I get the lower my scores get. Usually start with a couple 15-20 k rounds and by the 80k mark start putting up 0-500 rounds.  I figure its just another way GLU keeps our cash flow down. 
  • navyjack77navyjack77 Registered Users, Member 1,299 Posts
    I am at Gold with no Foil batters. Most times I will get over 100K on my first entry and my highest with just video boosts is about 400K. I won’t score much at all without a video boost though. I don’t know why the disparity between mine and yours @TBWepa @SandlotGuru and @Bigpredfan. I won’t chalk it up to bad RNG either. Maybe they feel bad that I have such a horrible team.
  • jalapenocubbiesjalapenocubbies Registered Users, Member 1,057 Posts
    You will do better if you spend money for cvc sub and use boosts. Without it I would just say shoot for the 100k tier. Beyond that it often isn’t worth it. You’ll end up spending more than you’d win. 
  • TBWepaTBWepa Registered Users, Member 276 Posts
    Took me 16 tickets total today. Used 60 gold. Say three of those were manual play and another two were auto plays without video boost to see the difference. Those auto plays without boost I didn’t score over 100 points. 
  • fahhq2fahhq2 Registered Users, Member 850 Posts
    I am at Gold with no Foil batters. Most times I will get over 100K on my first entry and my highest with just video boosts is about 400K. I won’t score much at all without a video boost though. I don’t know why the disparity between mine and yours @TBWepa @SandlotGuru and @Bigpredfan. I won’t chalk it up to bad RNG either. Maybe they feel bad that I have such a horrible team.
    Nice try, but I can read the name🤞🏼...mehoff😷
    fahhq2 said:
    Nice try, but I can read the name🤞🏼...mehoff😷
    Well, I don’t want to break any of the new/not new rules.
  • SandlotGuruSandlotGuru Registered Users, Member 285 Posts
    @navyjack77 - just a thought, but you may want to change your favorite team to be the one where you have the pennants invested, that way your ML is that much stronger.  I hate the Yankees, but use them as my favorite team just so that ML and Babe both have pennants at 60.