Royale WOH 4/22

2Next

Comments

• SloopySloopy Registered Users, Member 12 Posts
    MoenPDC said:
    Quickest cycle cap I’ve done in a while. So pretty 
    Pardon my ignorance, but when you say cycle cap, how many times to you cycle for that?
  • MoenPDCMoenPDC Registered Users, Member 615 Posts
    Sloopy said:
    MoenPDC said:
    Pardon my ignorance, but when you say cycle cap, how many times to you cycle for that?
    Sloopy said:
    MoenPDC said:
    Today was nine. Brought him to d2 after the first cycle 
  • slafrance2slafrance2 Registered Users, Member 1,370 Posts
    Yeah I cannot get past 4.10 used every method of trying. Just can’t get it done. 
  • sucios08sucios08 Registered Users, Member 130 Posts
    is it possible to beat walkoff in silver?
  • FrankTheTank04FrankTheTank04 Registered Users, Member 1,093 Posts
    sucios08 said:
    For me?  No.  Can't even beat 3.10 with keeper Brett with 6/6 skills.  Others have done it though.  I seent it!
    Just no.  
  • total13total13 Registered Users, Member 44 Posts
    It is not easy by any stretch in Silver but I was able to beat it for the first time in 20 tonight with this ragtag crew:
  • aaronchennaaronchenn Registered Users, Member 455 Posts
    sucios08 said:
    I'm silver and have beat it the past three royales. Can't beat monday woh though. 
  • sullipa8sullipa8 Registered Users, Member 564 Posts
    sucios08 said:
    Yes. It takes perseverance and double skills maxed, but you can. 

• slafrance2slafrance2 Registered Users, Member 1,370 Posts
    A weight has been lifted!!

• BigpredfanBigpredfan Registered Users 3,306 Posts
    A weight has been lifted!!

And mine just got that much heavier.........
  • redlegs2018uredlegs2018u Registered Users, Member 1,048 Posts
    After striking out on Monday in 11 tries, I managed to win twice in 5 attempts at Grienke today.  My success rate this season overall even with relative good RNG today is still less than 10% though, it’s almost Diaz/Neris bad so far.  At least the reward today was moderately worth the frustration hopefully that continues as it makes things at least interesting.  I’m a middling gold team (62,000 ish strength though I do have two 320 foils with a closing skill vs RHP).  At silver 4.10 was the best I could do.
  • retirepujolsretirepujols Registered Users, Member 4,856 Posts

Made him cap himself
    "It's amazing how much work you can put in without gangly-ass legs in the way" - Sir Tdub71
  • 1994EXPOS1994EXPOS Registered Users, Member 149 Posts
    I made the move to Silver yesterday when I saw Meadows as the reward. Level 4 was hell, took me 3+ hours to beat it as I had a lot of trouble with rounds 4.6 through 4.10, 4.10 being the worst of them all.

I then beat level 5 in 20 minutes and level 6 in 1 hour or so. I had a lot more trouble against Corbin at 6.9 (6 or 7 retries) than Greinke at 6.10 (only 1 retry) as I don't have any LHP killer with 2 skills (best one is ML, high hit, vsLHP). Wasn't easy and it cost me something like 2k gold but the reward was worth it imo

• drsmartassphddrsmartassphd Registered Users, Member 3,133 Posts
    I won this weekend but didn’t yesterday. I gave up after being curved out repeatedly by Corbin. I also noticed GLU turned off the “pitch calling” notifications on level 6. That’s your indication of whether or not you had what I call a cheat out. Almost every round for me yesterday in level 6 started with a mandatory out. Then I usually got another one after I would score. Lol

The line drive/sudden dead balls were neat too. 2020 WoH is not that fun at all. 

Besides the dead balls, several later rounds I would start off drilling the ball. As soon as I tied the game, my bat would go dead. Extras would be Nine and out 90% of the time, so if I didn’t win in the ninth, I literally had no chance. 

I have a feeling this will only get worse. Again, my expectations are low bc I’m not spending gold or money now to build my team, but the gameplay for this event is clearly rigged to a whole new level. I think cycle capping at gold is completely out of the question later this year.

I swear I’ve never seen a company take so much pleasure in making sure their customers aren’t winning anything unless they make the game a lifestyle.

Yes, we are aware of the game having crashing issues in the middle of WoH, but we can't compensate you for the gold you lost at this time. This is done on a case by case basis. - TSB Customer Service

• sullipa8sullipa8 Registered Users, Member 564 Posts
    1994EXPOS said:
    I made the move to Silver yesterday when I saw Meadows as the reward. Level 4 was hell, took me 3+ hours to beat it as I had a lot of trouble with rounds 4.6 through 4.10, 4.10 being the worst of them all.

I then beat level 5 in 20 minutes and level 6 in 1 hour or so. I had a lot more trouble against Corbin at 6.9 (6 or 7 retries) than Greinke at 6.10 (only 1 retry) as I don't have any LHP killer with 2 skills (best one is ML, high hit, vsLHP). Wasn't easy and it cost me something like 2k gold but the reward was worth it imo

Yeah, this is a strange thing I’ve noticed. I have more trouble with 3.10 and the back half of level 4, than I do on level 5. It doesn’t make sense either. Level 6 is it’s own beast, but it’s to be expected. It’s definitely a test of your patience.
  • 1994EXPOS1994EXPOS Registered Users, Member 149 Posts
    edited April 2020
    I won this weekend but didn’t yesterday. I gave up after being curved out repeatedly by Corbin. I also noticed GLU turned off the “pitch calling” notifications on level 6. That’s your indication of whether or not you had what I call a cheat out. Almost every round for me yesterday in level 6 started with a mandatory out. Then I usually got another one after I would score. Lol

The line drive/sudden dead balls were neat too. 2020 WoH is not that fun at all. 

Besides the dead balls, several later rounds I would start off drilling the ball. As soon as I tied the game, my bat would go dead. Extras would be Nine and out 90% of the time, so if I didn’t win in the ninth, I literally had no chance. 

I have a feeling this will only get worse. Again, my expectations are low bc I’m not spending gold or money now to build my team, but the gameplay for this event is clearly rigged to a whole new level. I think cycle capping at gold is completely out of the question later this year.

I swear I’ve never seen a company take so much pleasure in making sure their customers aren’t winning anything unless they make the game a lifestyle.

TBH I didn't pay attention to those details at all. I just felt it could be beatable at Silver and I was ready to drop a few Ks of gold to get a reward that was worth it to me, so I just grinded my butt off until I had favorable RNG.
    Yesterday felt almost exactly as hard as last year when I first beat WoH in May, except for 3 things :
    1. I have a way better team now at Silver than I had last year
    2. I don't recall using gold when I started beating WoH in 19
    3. It was a 5 level Classic tower in 19 with a similar, albeit less versatile, prize (Renfroe, vsLHP skill, which ended up being useful against 4.10 Lester afterwards for me)
    So yes WoH feels harder than last year for sure, but the main problem in 20 for me was that the difficulty vs reward ratio was completely ridiculous before yesterday's Royale. And I still don't like having a 6 level tower WoH on a 1 day Royale, but it is what it is
  • retirepujolsretirepujols Registered Users, Member 4,856 Posts
    Yeah, the 6 level tower really blows. I think it would be a HUGE improvement if they went back to 5 levels (even if the difficulty went untouched). 
    "It's amazing how much work you can put in without gangly-ass legs in the way" - Sir Tdub71
  • xracmanxracman Registered Users, Member 666 Posts
    RNG?
  • dustyhunksdustyhunks Registered Users, Member 1,672 Posts
    edited April 2020
    xracman said:
    RNG?

It's the script Glu runs on your ass to extract gold from it.
  • bobdylan_fanbobdylan_fan Registered Users, Member 303 Posts
    Random Number Generator.....