Matchmaking update

manbearpuigmanbearpuig Registered Users, Member 55 Posts
I assumed that the tweaks glu made to the matchmaking would create more even matchups. Prior to the update I (silver team) would play roughly half of my bonus games against gold teams, resulting in a loss 9/10 times against these teams, and a .500 record overall.  
I dumped a bunch of gold into boxes today and have been playing a lot of bonus games, and I’ve found that the more games I play, the worse my matchups are. It’s now at least 4 out of 5 games against gold teams. My team is pretty decent for a silver team, 60k strength or so, and I still find myself going on 10 game losing streaks. 

WOH is far too difficult to win, I can’t win bonus games, and I’m even losing prime games now because I’m constantly getting matched up against teams tiers higher than mine.  Where’s the incentive to play when I can’t win where I’m at, and can’t readily accumulate resources to level up?

I understand that glu’s motto is “spend money or **** off” but it’s disappointing that this game has gone from ‘pay to win’ to ‘pay just to compete’ 

Comments

• ShoveItUpYoenis2ShoveItUpYoenis2 Registered Users, Member 952 Posts
    Gold teams is nothing they’re making me face freaking platinum teams at silver. Fear not, we have a solid resolution. You just need to upgrade tenants, pay 80g boost and manually play every single bonus game to win:

• retirepujolsretirepujols Registered Users, Member 4,855 Posts
    edited April 2020
    Gold teams is nothing they’re making me face freaking platinum teams at silver. Fear not, we have a solid resolution. You just need to upgrade tenants, pay 80g boost and manually play every single bonus game to win:
    @ShoveItUpYoenis2 upgrading his tenants like:

"It's amazing how much work you can put in without gangly-ass legs in the way" - Sir Tdub71
  • Icemz7Icemz7 Registered Users, Member 32 Posts
    I played gold teams that I’m 15-20k strength better than all day and they whack me almost every time. I’m not even silver 6 either I’m silver 4
  • Wicked0WildcatsWicked0Wildcats Registered Users, Member 1,040 Posts
    edited April 2020
    The "just manually play your games!" advice is hilarious. Buddy, no one sitting at Platinum or Diamond is playing this game to manually play 5 or 10 games a day nor are they sticking around if that's what is needed to win games.

I am at Platinum and also would agree that it seems that is has been tweaked to make matchups harder based on how much you have played during a certain time period, whatever that is. I went from winning a good 75-80% of my tourneys and BGs yesterday and almost on a dime it turned to 20-25%.

I'm not going to be able to maintain enough resources to play the game nor is the game going to be any fun to play if this is the new normal. Getting the 200 gold from extra innings has become my favorite part about the game. Extra innings should be a fun little supplemental thing. It being my favorite thing about the game is not a good sign. 

• BigBibbins333BigBibbins333 Registered Users, Member 243 Posts
    First 5 prime games played = 1 win and 4 losses. It's been close to 5 years since something like that happened, and that was only because I was new to the game and didn't understand it fully. But now? Yet ANOTHER day I will spend playing other apps. I just don't get it...
  • MattattackMattattack Registered Users 1,971 Posts
    I will say this portion of the game is really unfortunate to a lot of users.   Basically that you have a certain allotment of wins before you just cant win games without moving up tiers.   This causes you to have to "conserve wins" basically if you dont plan on moving up and moving up just isnt feasible for most users as it gets expensive(time and money).   I am gold with around 1300 wins which would have been safe in silver last year but isnt even safe gold this year.   As a result I dont play prime games ever and I have stopped playing season mode as the rewards there for winning a season arent even worth it.   Yea I dont get pennants but not even sure what they do (different conversation).   But yeah pushing users to play less doesnt seem right.
  • Wicked0WildcatsWicked0Wildcats Registered Users, Member 1,040 Posts
    It feels like everything in the game this year is designed to work against you. You can't win games so you get pushed up levels early by design. Then you get pushed back on higher levels now after a short amount of games thus losing the benefit of moving up. 

They seem to just be making it up as they go at a snail's pace this year with no real plan or design which is a shame because they've incorporated some really decent ideas like Target Bash which are being overshadowed by the many things that are being done wrong. 

• OldenMacgroinOldenMacgroin Registered Users, Member 15 Posts
    I will say Season mode has gotten a ton easier.
  • whammo911whammo911 Registered Users, Member 963 Posts
    Started getting matched against diamond clubs last night in bonus games after being platinum for a week...4K games played overall...
  • tshea510tshea510 Registered Users, Member 1,786 Posts
    I will say Season mode has gotten a ton easier.
    Last 3 or so matchups seemed a bit easier for me, then I won the playoffs. It was brutal for me first 100 or so games. Starting new season today, so for me, jury is still out. But hopefully it’s gotten better.
    Just a Silver team from the wrong side of the tracks, so what do I know? 🤷
  • JCAM80JCAM80 Registered Users, Member 606 Posts
    Been facing this guy in tournaments all day....supposedly number of games played decides who you match up with, so did a quick profile search.... ridiculous & false (23k vs. Sub 5k)

• txhoneybadgertxhoneybadger Registered Users, Member 123 Posts
    First game of a tournament how is this even fair it’s more like a joke 🙄😂
    Same bs over here, except they handicap me against gold and platinum teams, my only shot at winning a bonus game is a diamond team with a d1 starter
  • COWPILEYCOWPILEY Registered Users, Member 825 Posts
    Pushed my holder team to silver 2 last Tuesday. Was losing against gold teams on Friday. 420 wins. 
  • samthemansamtheman Registered Users, Member 686 Posts
    I'm not sure why any company would develop a game that quickly makes it very difficult to win in the game which discourages people from playing it at that point.
  • Tdub71Tdub71 Registered Users, Member 1,876 Posts
    samtheman said:
    I'm not sure why any company would develop a game that quickly makes it very difficult to win in the game which discourages people from playing it at that point.
    To try to force you to open your wallet, and buy the specials.  It's a simple model.  Weed out the freeloaders, and squeeze more out of those willing to pay.  They have definitely taken it a few steps farther this year, but it's the same principle they have been operating on for years.
  • samthemansamtheman Registered Users, Member 686 Posts
    The problem is it won’t work as longtime business model. Say you’re at silver and getting beat all the time. You buy some specials and you get those better players you think will help you win. And then you go from winning 15% of your games to 20. Most will never open the game again shortly thereafter. You’d need to recruit thousands of new players that do this every week to have this model succeed.
    Yeah but most people there first year blow through the tiers and this doesn’t affect them at all