Paying 5k per BG better than tournaments

JEDDDOGGYJEDDDOGGY Registered Users, Member 2,460 Posts
edited April 2020 in General TSB Discussion
30k cash for tournament which is 4 games plus 5.6 games expected value from box. You do win some cash from the games but you're going to lose some tournaments too. So let's call that a wash.

Buying BGs at 5k cash per game gets you a decent shot at either 3k cash or another BG as the reward. I'm getting more games per $ from buying BG at 5k a pop.

Comments

• dustyhunksdustyhunks Registered Users, Member 1,672 Posts
    Do you still get 235 gloves per tourney vs the 40 for a bg (160 for 4)?
  • JEDDDOGGYJEDDDOGGY Registered Users, Member 2,460 Posts
    Yes, that is true and I didn't think about that. 

You do get a free BG (watch video) every half hour though. Lol.

• redlegs2018uredlegs2018u Registered Users, Member 1,048 Posts
    Have tourneys drastically increased in difficulty this season?  When I was super active last season and semi competitive having 200-400 game streaks were common till I fell behind the pitching curve if you lost enough tourneys the 6 games for 30k creeps closer to what you’d get out of tourney boxes.
  • More2Most2FirstMore2Most2First Registered Users, Member 777 Posts
    It really depends on what your goal is at that time.  If your goal is to score as many points as possible from BGs that day, for Royale or BG event (or mindlessly tapping through a Diamond cycle), it always seemed worth it to just pay the 5k per BG because you can do that much faster than playing tourneys.  At least that was the case for me on 2019.  I won’t be going past gold tier this year, so it’s basically irrelevant to me now 😂
  • Itsouttahere2Itsouttahere2 Registered Users, Member 697 Posts
    That’s true because if you stay gold eventually you won’t be winning any bonus games!
  • retirepujolsretirepujols Registered Users, Member 4,855 Posts
    You also earn players from tourney boxes on royale, but a lot of diamond guys get consistently burned by xxtaplegendxx, beelio, and others in tournaments. 5k per bonus game 100% seems to be the way to go for now
    "It's amazing how much work you can put in without gangly-ass legs in the way" - Sir Tdub71
  • dustyhunksdustyhunks Registered Users, Member 1,672 Posts
    You also earn players from tourney boxes on royale, but a lot of diamond guys get consistently burned by xxtaplegendxx, beelio, and others in tournaments. 5k per bonus game 100% seems to be the way to go for now

It's the pitching. I nearly spit out my coffee when I saw de'Grom's ratings from the OPS box.....67 arm and 92 control at B1?! Even regular 5-star de'Grom has better ratio. I still can't tell, like most things, if this is intentional or if Glu just doesn't understand the inner-workings of their player rating system. FWIW, Mikolas in the Cards box they have so graciously awarded us in 19 now for Monday WoH has similarly misaligned ratings which was originally released around this time last year. At least they're sticking to the script?
  • MattattackMattattack Registered Users 1,971 Posts
    Do you still get 235 gloves per tourney vs the 40 for a bg (160 for 4)?
    Its less at gold for tournies, only 85 gloves.   I assume also less at platinum as oppose to diamond 
  • BigpredfanBigpredfan Registered Users 3,306 Posts
    It’s based off the cash required for the tournaments I’m sure. At diamond it’s 30K, which is 6 bonus games worth of cash. 240 gloves for bonus games, 235 for the tournament.  Cash for bonus games vs cash for tournaments is basically a wash 
  • JEDDDOGGYJEDDDOGGY Registered Users, Member 2,460 Posts
    edited April 2020
    It’s based off the cash required for the tournaments I’m sure. At diamond it’s 30K, which is 6 bonus games worth of cash. 240 gloves for bonus games, 235 for the tournament. 
    Ah, well that makes perfect sense.

As pujols pointed out, tourneys are extremely dangerous with beelio and taplegend in there. It seems like it is inevitable that you'll run into one of those two in roughly half of the tournaments you play. They should consider removing these teams that 99.8 percent of their players have zero chance of winning against.
  • SandlotGuruSandlotGuru Registered Users, Member 285 Posts
    I know that the user block feature prevents you from facing a specific team in bonus games in the future.  Does it work for tournaments too?
  • navyjack77navyjack77 Registered Users, Member 1,299 Posts
    Nope.
  • cb11cb11 Registered Users, Member 341 Posts
    I'm assuming it doesn't in '20. Still in silver right now so haven't been playing BG or tourneys. But in '19 it did not work.
  • MattattackMattattack Registered Users 1,971 Posts
    edited April 2020
    yea diamond definitely seems tougher so far, but i guess its still early.  They will likely expand the pool of teams