Cycling diamond - cheapest way to spend blue cash

spoc84spoc84 Registered Users, Member 202 Posts
Ok so what is my best method to cycle diamond right now? It roughly cost me 2.7 millon to cycle diamond 6 with blue cash (with win rate of about 98%) , with the BG tickets you win back and blue cash you win back. Only cost that even at 5k a game.

Always seemed cheaper to 19 to do it via winning tournies, cash for that, wins count and collect the BG tickets. Repeat.

However can only win maybe 70-80% of tournies. Anyone know the maths / cut off point to at what point I'm better or worse off with either method?

Many thanks 
Prev1

Comments

• JEDDDOGGYJEDDDOGGY Registered Users, Member 2,460 Posts
    There are a lot more variables when you bring tourneys into the equation, and its something id like to see if anyone has the time to try and lay out some math on it.

With the 2.7 million cash for d6 cycle you also have to take into account the gloves. A d6 cycle would be 40k gloves which translates to 160k loyalty, or about 28 silver club loyalty boxes. Im unsure what the expected cash value of a silver box is, but you could probably expect 400k cash back from those at least? Also not to mention 10k here and there if you hit club levels. I bet it's closer to 2mill cash for a d6 cycle when all is said and done. But yeah, definitely pricey and you may not have 2 mill every couple days to cycle it 3-4x per week. 

• dkarski87dkarski87 Registered Users, Member 3,040 Posts
    My approach was always to do at-least 300-400 tourney wins per cycle. Hopefully when things start to open up abit HOF can become a decent source of cash again for cycling.  Sometimes a good idea to keep an eye out for those BGS specials as well. I've bought a few of them when the deal seemed good.
    "Oops we need to restart! Yeap that's 2019 for ya!"
    – The Great Houmy
  • retirepujolsretirepujols Registered Users, Member 4,855 Posts
    edited April 2020
    *following* I would also like to know the ROI for each woh mode - specifically the cash and bonus games earned per autoplay dollar spent on each tier 🤔 like is it better to play warmup to earn cash and bonus games rather than losing cash playing the hof equivalent? I'm not sure if you come out positive on warmup, but since you earn like a 3 star clown I would hope so.
    "It's amazing how much work you can put in without gangly-ass legs in the way" - Sir Tdub71
  • BOZZCOBOZZCO Registered Users, Member 102 Posts
    You also get 300k ish depending on vip level for the playoff win 
  • MoenPDCMoenPDC Registered Users, Member 615 Posts
    dkarski87 said:
    My approach was always to do at-least 300-400 tourney wins per cycle. Hopefully when things start to open up abit HOF can become a decent source of cash again for cycling.  Sometimes a good idea to keep an eye out for those BGS specials as well. I've bought a few of them when the deal seemed good.
    This is what I did last year and am doing this year. MAKE SURE to get some top end capped starting pitching so you can win most tourneys and have a 330+ ace to throw at xxtaplegendxx and belio24 or you might not win enough right now to make it worth it . 
    BOZZCO said:
    You also get 300k ish depending on vip level for the playoff win 

Forgot about this too. I'm winning tourneys but BGs at 99% win rate has been far more efficient.
  • spoc84spoc84 Registered Users, Member 202 Posts
    I win all my bg. Haven't lost one in forever. Probably can win 95% of tournies. I haven't done the math totally on point but I'm sure it's costing me less to cycle but a significant chunk than if I was buying BG to make it through. Which was costing me (outright ) around 2.7-3 million blue cash.

Blue cash seems far harder to get this year. I cycled Woh 10x and only came out even. No significant chunks for club winning daily. It all adds up. On top.of that, I'm sure we were all in the glitching club rewards business last season 😂.

Anyway I'd still be curious if anyone has broken it down completely. Obviously just wanna lap diamond as many times as possible a week. Struggling to do as many as I'd like with the clue cash issues.
    JEDDDOGGY said:
    There are a lot more variables when you bring tourneys into the equation, and its something id like to see if anyone has the time to try and lay out some math on it.

With the 2.7 million cash for d6 cycle you also have to take into account the gloves. A d6 cycle would be 40k gloves which translates to 160k loyalty, or about 28 silver club loyalty boxes. Im unsure what the expected cash value of a silver box is, but you could probably expect 400k cash back from those at least? Also not to mention 10k here and there if you hit club levels. I bet it's closer to 2mill cash for a d6 cycle when all is said and done. But yeah, definitely pricey and you may not have 2 mill every couple days to cycle it 3-4x per week. 

I’m bored and stacking up bg right now for today’s event. This is taking in account a 98 percent win rate for tourney dropping 1 mill blue cash and recording what I receive . I’ll let you know the results in an hour or so . 
    If using blue cash to cycle costs at best 2.7 mill blue cash, thst is 540 bonus games bought . 

I just spent 1 million blue cash buying tourneys . I won 167 games . Using the loyalty gloves from those tourneys I bought bronze loyalty boxes ( silver was maxed out ) and won 39 more games ( lost one ) for a total of 206 wins 

trading in the tourney boxes I received 319 bonus games . Seeing that it take 540 bg purchases to cycle on 2.7 mill cash, and one mill Cash netted me 319 BG plus an “ extra 206 wins “  if you can maintain a 95% win rate on tourneys it’s not even remotely close which one in more lucrative
    edited April 2020
    1 million blue cash only buys 33 tourneys which is 132 games. How did you win 167 of those?

You get more loyalty per dollar for BG than tourneys (30k tourney = 235 gloves, 30k BG = 240 gloves). The difference is minimal, but worth nothing. The 2.7 mill figure for a BG cycle does not take into account trading items for loyalty anyway.

How the hell did you get 319 bonus games out of 33 tourney boxes? It's 56 percent odds to get 10-12 games. The odds say you're usually going to get maybe 185 games, not 319 games.

I have a spreadsheet devoted to this, which I'll share later once I feel that its finished.
    I think once you get tourneys going, its the way to go. Mix it up with a 30/70 split.  They are tuff to win now because of a few super team. I find myself having to wrap my ace often and even then its not a guarantee against those teams.
    – The Great Houmy
  • MattattackMattattack Registered Users 1,971 Posts
    Thanks to all in this thread for being pioneers.   Definitely appreciate it since its not as easy this year
  • BigpredfanBigpredfan Registered Users 3,306 Posts
    Thanks to all in this thread for being pioneers.   Definitely appreciate it since its not as easy this year
    I feel real weird not being one of the first here to go diamond. 

And thank you to those of you sharing your experience 
    Its not like last year where if you had a few d1 pitchers you could get away with it. You need to have d10 pitchers if you wanna be consistently winning.
    – The Great Houmy
    JEDDDOGGY said:
    1 million blue cash only buys 33 tourneys which is 132 games. How did you win 167 of those?

You get more loyalty per dollar for BG than tourneys (30k tourney = 235 gloves, 30k BG = 240 gloves). The difference is minimal, but worth nothing. The 2.7 mill figure for a BG cycle does not take into account trading items for loyalty anyway.

How the hell did you get 319 bonus games out of 33 tourney boxes? It's 56 percent odds to get 10-12 games. The odds say you're usually going to get maybe 185 games, not 319 games.

I have a spreadsheet devoted to this, which I'll share later once I feel that its finished.
    You get blue cash every tourney game you win. Literally had 4 million cash. Wrote everything down, played tourneys until I hit 3 mill. Traded in gloves, bought more tourneys with cash from those loyalty boxes until I got back down to 3 million . 

I opened 49 tourney boxes not 33. It was an extra 9 tourney boxes from the cash from trading in all gloves and I’m guessing 7 extra tourneys from the cash you get from winning games, things your spreadsheet didn’t account for I’m guessing 

I also got lucky the first time through opening bg from boxes . The next million I used I won 243 bg compared to 319 the first time  

These were real time numbers from two 1 million dollar cash experiments 

Easier way to look at it, per 30k spent ( assuming the worst case scenario if winning 10 bg 56 percent of the time )

BG - 6 wins 
    Tourney - 9.6 wins    ( 4 wins games , 5.6 wins average per bg won )

if you Can win almost all tourney they Are not close. Issue is a lot of teams do not have near perfect record in tourney right now, which can make buying bg more  attractive. Just a moderate amount of tourney losses can heavily influence it in the favor of buying bg
    edited April 2020
    You get MORE blue cash from playing BGs. You get MORE gloves/loyalty from playing BG.  My spreadsheet accounts for all these things. I don't feel like your scribble scratch is an accurate apples to apples comparison.

BG - 6 wins
    Tourney - 9.6 wins ( 4 wins games , 5.6 wins average per bg won )

You get BG and cash from winning bonus games, which you failed to account for in the above.
    edited April 2020
    Be nice, I really like both you. @MoenPDC @JEDDDOGGY

I do like too see both sides of this though. @DFBB can you please weigh on on this matter. Your a numbers guys. What do you think is the most viable option if you are able to win say 90% of your tourneys. I have always been a believer in the split between the two but maybe I was wrong.
    – The Great Houmy
    dkarski87 said:
    Be nice, I really like both you. @MoenPDC @JEDDDOGGY

Haha! I don't think anyone isn't being nice.
    edited April 2020
    I mean just look at the initial cash investment:

5 million blue cash gets you 1,000 BG
    5 million blue cash gets you 667 tourney games

That's a discrepancy of 333 games before you even start calculating anything at all.
    but tourney boxes give you BGs, and count towards your progression, Maybe Im not seeing this correctly.
    – The Great Houmy
    edited April 2020
    so yea i get 667 wins, but does that include that BGS i win from those boxes?  Your (*@^%! confussing me man,
    – The Great Houmy
    edited April 2020
    You win significant amounts of cash and bonus games from winning bonus games too, @dkarski87

That's what you guys are leaving out of the equation here.

Someone just tell me what to do!!!!

– The Great Houmy
    JEDDDOGGY said:
    I mean just look at the initial cash investment:

5 million blue cash gets you 1,000 BG
    5 million blue cash gets you 667 tourney games

That's a discrepancy of 333 games before you even start calculating anything at all.
    This really comes down to how many bonus games you get from the cash investment. 

Tournaments- I would need to see the odds of the boxes again. 
    Bonus games- I used to be able to win 100 games with about 70 bonus games used.  This was because of getting bonus games as a reward. So that would bring the amount of cash down to 700X5,000. $3.5 mil in cash for a D6 cycle. That of course doesn’t include the cash per win or odd loss (3,000/2,000). I wanted to keep track this year about how often you get the rewards when you win/lose bonus games. Last year you would get 25 gold about 4% of the time. I know that because I used to play in sets of 25 and would get the gold about once per set 
    edited April 2020
    @Bigpredfan that's another great benefit of BGs is the 4 percent reward of 25 gold. It's an additional 1,000 gold per cycle (1000gms).

From my 1,000 game sample yesterday:

Draft picks 223
    25 Gold 38
    FCs 31
    3k Cash 312
    BG 396

• retirepujolsretirepujols Registered Users, Member 4,855 Posts
    edited April 2020
    JEDDDOGGY said:
    @Bigpredfan that's another great benefit of BGs is the 4 percent reward of 25 gold. It's an additional 1,000 gold per cycle (1000gms).

From my 1,000 game sample yesterday:

Draft picks 223
    25 Gold 38
    FCs 31
    3k Cash 312
    BG 396

Removed a dumb question
    "It's amazing how much work you can put in without gangly-ass legs in the way" - Sir Tdub71
  • MattattackMattattack Registered Users 1,971 Posts
    good stuff @JEDDDOGGY

I don’t know if most of us put that much effort into our jobs.