Options

Sacrifice Fly

RippersRippers Registered Users, Member 332 Posts
Has anyone ever won a game on a Sacrifice Fly ? I've been playing for over a year and can't recall ever winning that way. I've tied games on one. But with the winning run on third and less than two outs even on Fly balls that would tie a game there is no advance to win it. Seems odd. I would like to see an option to try and score. 

Comments

• Options
    dkarski87dkarski87 Registered Users, Member 3,040 Posts
    Never, Ive had a sac fly and he drops it for the win tho on 2 outs.
    "Oops we need to restart! Yeap that's 2019 for ya!"
    – The Great Houmy
  • Options
    Wicked0WildcatsWicked0Wildcats Registered Users, Member 1,040 Posts
    Nope. Can't be done to my knowledge. I've had some fly balls that were deep enough to at least be trying to score the winning run in that situation, but of course my GLU controlled excuse of a 3rd base coach will physically restrain the runner at 3rd before he lets him try to score the winning run on a sac fly. 

You can win on a bases loaded walk, or an error. I had one exciting moment once where I hit a flyball to the warning track with 1 out and the winning run at 3rd. 

You can guess what happened next.  The outfielder botched the catch for an error, thus my winning run not scoring on a sac fly. 
  • Options
    BearmeatBearmeat Registered Users, Member 576 Posts
    Sack fly for the win is impossible in woh. Never seen it, never heard of it. Remember- the outcome is predetermined, there’s little you can do to prevent that
  • Options
    dudeguydudeguy Registered Users 119 Posts
    wondering the same thing.cannot get a guy to go from 2nd to 3rd or 3rd to home-but can get a guy to go from 1st to 2nd on a sac fly