WOH 4/27

2Next

Comments

• BigpredfanBigpredfan Registered Users 3,306 Posts
    Somehow, after about quitting today, I’ve cleared twice without spending any gold for boosts or restarts. Go figure. 
  • Wicked0WildcatsWicked0Wildcats Registered Users, Member 1,040 Posts
    It's quite obvious by now that they have decided that they do not want WOH to be the central focus of this game anymore. 

It's still a great tool for building resources, but as far as being excited on Monday morning to find out who the top level reward is, those days are over, I'm afraid. 
  • JTPASTORJTPASTOR Registered Users, Member 456 Posts
    edited April 2020
    Somehow, after about quitting today, I’ve cleared twice without spending any gold for boosts or restarts. Go figure. 
    That’s great! Congrats 🎉 
  • MetsicansMetsicans Registered Users, Member 1,046 Posts
    It's quite obvious by now that they have decided that they do not want WOH to be the central focus of this game anymore. 

It's still a great tool for building resources, but as far as being excited on Monday morning to find out who the top level reward is, those days are over, I'm afraid. 
    Totally agree. The question is why. They have to know this was the most popular game mode. If WOH becomes pointless and unbeatable all year, it will make it a lot easier for me to quit. 
  • retirepujolsretirepujols Registered Users, Member 4,855 Posts
    edited April 2020

This old Goldschmidt they've stuck 19 with has the same base rating as today's Pham (86). The cash rewards per tier were better, autoplay costs were half, AND we got 2 event boxes and bxp plus duplicate player each time cycling level 5. Wtf 
    "It's amazing how much work you can put in without gangly-ass legs in the way" - Sir Tdub71
  • scottsmith744scottsmith744 Registered Users, Member 170 Posts
    Glu for ya
  • JTPASTORJTPASTOR Registered Users, Member 456 Posts
    edited April 2020

This old Goldschmidt they've stuck 19 with has the same base rating as today's Pham (86). The cash rewards per tier were better, autoplay costs were half, AND we got 2 event boxes and bxp plus duplicate player each time cycling level 5. Wtf 
    For every good change or new event they’ve introduced they skimp in other things like this...It’d be worth our time and using gold if the rewards now were like last year. 
  • Wicked0WildcatsWicked0Wildcats Registered Users, Member 1,040 Posts
    @Metsicans

Great question.

I have three theories about why, which could be anywhere from mostly true, to some truth, to not true at all.

1) WOH is not particularly profitable, and it was narrowing the gap between the F2P players, and the VIP/spending players. It was becoming too easy to build an elite team simply by having the time to grind. Players were getting too far ahead on strategy alone without the need to spend. To remedy this, they eliminated the access to elite to the top players without spending gold and drastically reduced the appeal of cycle capping. Even players with time and ability to cycle cap a player won't find it coming cheap anymore and won't get an elite player out of it.

2) They felt the game was becoming too WOH-centric to the point where the other parts of the game were losing appeal entirely. They were getting a new breed of Monday and Wednesday only players and clubs and wanted to try to eliminate the desire for those and are willing to lose some players to steer the game away from simply being a WOH focused game.

3) They were getting too many players that would quit after a frustrating Monday. I can't speak for everyone, but the closest I've ever come to walking away many times has been after dropping several thousand gold for nothing in WOH. So maybe they wanted to eliminate the real desire to do that. Of course, as you say, it's what kept many coming back, too. 

I totally feel where you're coming from, though. WOH was my passion in this game. The cycle cap, the ATGs in the box, as maddening of a grind as it was, it kept us coming back. 

I've found that the game isn't really enjoyable in its current format without it. I like Target Bash and I think I would enjoy that if they found a way to turn that into a regular event. Other than that, I can't say I really play anymore out of any reason other than pure habit. Sprint games have always been an unenjoyable chore and now that they've greatly reduced the ability to streak and made the progress tiers almost unachievable, it's even less enjoyable. Extra bases is great to earn some free rewards, but the gameplay itself is just an individual version of CvC. There's no real fun factor involved. Just watch videos, play it out for the most points you can get, rinse, repeat.

I guess that's where I'm at on the whole game. 90% of it is just kind of a boring chore at this point that is done more out of habit than anything else.

• snowy24snowy24 Registered Users, Member 304 Posts
    That’s why my brother stopped playing and refuses to come back. They have a great event in WOH and it’s sad that it’s not what it used to be.

This version, I stopped chasing bonus players everyday and am concentrating on building my team. I can’t get enough of TB and gold battles. My two favs  in this version. 
  • dustyhunksdustyhunks Registered Users, Member 1,672 Posts

5 tier tower only at this stage of the game in 19 to boot. It's clear the objective with 20 which is also apparent in 19 with their DGAF send off of the title. But deep down I'm actually okay with that cause in reality they are doing me a favor.
  • drsmartassphddrsmartassphd Registered Users, Member 3,133 Posts
    I made it to Corbin last night (after I farmed gold first). The game finally quit crashing on me after I won 3.10. Thanks, GLU!

Level 5 in HoF is just dumb at silver. Once again, every single round started with a cheat out. Big benders going through my hitter or in the other batters box. Rounds 4-7 either started with TWO cheat outs OR a cheat out after each score. Matchup advantages made no difference. Then there was the joy of the “dead bat” once you tied the game. Oh man that’s hilarious.

If I tied on Level 5, EVERY extra inning round was either straight up 9 and out OR 2 cheat outs then dead bat. The end.

I finally got the RNG on my last try to get to Corbin. I didn’t expect to win, but again, 9 and out despite having new Betts with a skill on and a double matchup advantage. Video reboot. Start out with four hits, pull within 3, cheat out, got tying run on base, then bat went dead despite waiting on the fast ball and hitting it like the prior hits earlier in the inning. Ball would fly off the bat, hit the magic force field, then just die on the screen with a slow grounder or pop up.

GLU has completely ruined WoH. The game play is not smooth at all due to the extra trickery. I’m trying other aspects of the game, but this really sucks.

Yes, we are aware of the game having crashing issues in the middle of WoH, but we can't compensate you for the gold you lost at this time. This is done on a case by case basis. - TSB Customer Service

• criffycriffy Registered Users, Member 625 Posts
    So quit doc. Once you're gone from the game it's really not too hard to stay away from this glu frickery. Just need to make it through the first couple of weeks and definitely do not reinstall. I went cold Turkey, found other ways to spend my free time and am really happy to be free from the glu handcuffs