Options

W.O.H advice

Mayhem937Mayhem937 Registered Users, Member 7 Posts
After having absolutely no problem cycling hall of fame last year at gold level I can't even cycle warm-up this year being at gold. My team strength is 103k. Do I need to go platinum? Would love to hear some of your vets advice on this

Comments

• Options
    sucios08sucios08 Registered Users, Member 130 Posts
    I would like to know the same is very hard for me too I don’t understand it this year 
  • Options
    Wicked0WildcatsWicked0Wildcats Registered Users, Member 1,040 Posts
    There's nothing wrong with your team strength, it's quite good. You could go Platinum but it probably won't be much different. Unfortunately there isn't much to that you can or should be doing differently. The mechanics of the event have simply changed significantly to make it much more challenging and much less rewarding.

The basic completion strategies -- two active skills, higher hit rating, boosts, etc, haven't changed. 
  • Options
    Thanks fellas. Glad to hear it's not just me. 
  • Options
    drsmartassphddrsmartassphd Registered Users, Member 3,133 Posts
    So plat is the new gold for WoH.

Cycle capping at Gold or below seems to be impossible this year. 

With that, Ill stay silver as I refuse to pay that much money to compete this year. Greedy SOBs are going to ruin every aspect of this game. The bonus player situation as well as daily milestones are unattainable now too unless you spend serious money. 

Outside of HR Bash, this game has nothing left to offer a casual player.

Yes, we are aware of the game having crashing issues in the middle of WoH, but we can't compensate you for the gold you lost at this time. This is done on a case by case basis. - TSB Customer Service

• Options
    RippersRippers Registered Users, Member 332 Posts
    I cycle capped with Gold yesterday...after winning Pham the first time I brought him up to G7 and capped him from there..lol
  • Options
    JTPASTORJTPASTOR Registered Users, Member 456 Posts
    Mayhem937 said:
    After having absolutely no problem cycling hall of fame last year at gold level I can't even cycle warm-up this year being at gold. My team strength is 103k. Do I need to go platinum? Would love to hear some of your vets advice on this
    It's more about matchups than team strength. In fact team strength really has nothing to do with WOH. So it would depend on who you are using, skills, etc. My Gold 78K team strength can beat WOH with minimal gold. if it was worth it then I could cycle cap for a reasonable amount of gold. I think Platinum Diamond teams are having a much better time in WOH than Gold but if you don't have good matchups then gold vs platinum won't matter for you. 
  • Options
    Matchup focus first is hit rating vs pitcher stuff, then go from there 

Yes, we are aware of the game having crashing issues in the middle of WoH, but we can't compensate you for the gold you lost at this time. This is done on a case by case basis. - TSB Customer Service

• Options
    dkarski87dkarski87 Registered Users, Member 3,040 Posts
    That match rating that @drsmartassphd is referring too has no bearing at all. I never pay attention to that stuff. Match ups like @JTPASTOR pointed out are more valuable. lefty vs righty, upgrades and skill levels. Those are the only 3 factors you need to worry about.
    "Oops we need to restart! Yeap that's 2019 for ya!"
    – The Great Houmy
  • Options
    dkarski87dkarski87 Registered Users, Member 3,040 Posts
    I still love you though @drsmartassphd .. lol
    "Oops we need to restart! Yeap that's 2019 for ya!"
    – The Great Houmy
  • Options
    2020KC2020KC Registered Users, Member 711 Posts
    dkarski87 said:
    I still love you though @drsmartassphd .. lol
    That needs to be my New signature.
    you can't spell deteriorate without detroit
  • Options
    I need to amend my statement: everything JPastor said, plus examine that number as well. In other words, don’t drop resources on players that have average/below average hit ratings during the course of the game. For example, if I were spending gold on boxes for players, I currently want those with a hit rating of at least 88 at this time. Some of the recent 4.5 star guys had hit ratings of 80-81, while others are higher. The 5 star guys all seem to be at 90 or more now. 

Same concept applies in building your HR Derby squad right now. Focus on players with a PWR rating above 85 at this time.

There. Hope that helps.

• Options
    Great advice guys. Appreciate it.
  • Options
    MoenPDCMoenPDC Registered Users, Member 615 Posts
    So plat is the new gold for WoH.

Cycle capping at Gold or below seems to be impossible this year. 

With that, Ill stay silver as I refuse to pay that much money to compete this year. Greedy SOBs are going to ruin every aspect of this game. The bonus player situation as well as daily milestones are unattainable now too unless you spend serious money. 

Outside of HR Bash, this game has nothing left to offer a casual player.
    You are the least casual “ casual” out there. 

Ffs you resisted going gold all year , then went gold, had your team maxed with zero issue and loved it. 

Stop being a Debbie downer, grow a sack And go plat. 
  • Options
    Oh I have a new sig quote. TY

• Options
    hornsup17hornsup17 Registered Users 75 Posts
    It’s possible at silver...it just takes a lot more patience than last year.  This was my first time getting through this year. I’ve been stuck on 5-10 and 6-10 for past 2 wks. Finally broke through yesterday because I needed an OF. The best advise I can give is pay attention to your pitching matchups. Stash some LH hitters with active skills and cap them. And the main thing is time...you’ll need time to grind it out. Especially at silver. Hope this helps
  • Options
    I regret not carrying over Wagner.
    Either way, a true righty closer will come out again soon and I’ll snatch them. Only want/need to win once at Silver, IMO anyway.

Good to see this. TY

• Options
    FrankTheTank04FrankTheTank04 Registered Users, Member 1,093 Posts
    Oh I have a new sig quote. TY
    I like it!  It's almost as good as the Oscar the Grouch quote.
    Just no.