Options

Scherzer’s Skill

tshea510tshea510 Registered Users, Member 1,786 Posts
edited May 2020 in General TSB Discussion
I do realize that most of you believe that pitcher skills are useless and non-existent, but it would be nice if Glu, once again, could tell the difference between skills they advertise. ESPECIALLY for $15

Just a Silver team from the wrong side of the tracks, so what do I know? 🤷

Comments

• Options
    RippersRippers Registered Users, Member 332 Posts
    It would really be nice if the secondary rewards included 1K, 2K, or 3K XP  instead of the useless Franchise coins. I would buy it then. But I'd probably have to buy two to get Scherzer... so maybe not.
  • Options
    JCAM80JCAM80 Registered Users, Member 606 Posts
    edited May 2020
    All pitcher skills have followed that pattern.. if the bat is on the right side of image, skill is vs RH. If the bat is left of the image, its vs LH. Not sure if this is intentional or not, as it is clearly reversed from what it appears if you analyze the image. 
  • Options
    JCAM80JCAM80 Registered Users, Member 606 Posts
    2 examples...
  • Options
    JCAM80 said:
    All pitcher skills have followed that pattern.. if the bat is on the right side of image, skill is vs RH. If the bat is left of the image, its vs LH. Not sure if this is intentional or not, as it is clearly reversed from what it appears if you analyze the image. 
    Clearly this is meant to confuse the Silver teams. 😂.   Thanks, just another example of how I need to pay more attention to these “details”
  • Options
    dustyhunksdustyhunks Registered Users, Member 1,672 Posts
    edited May 2020
    Pitcher skills only boost team strength, do nothing else...

• Options
    JCAM80 said:

There was a time in 19, after an update I think, that they reversed pitcher skill images like this which they then fixed. I don't have any pitchers with skills beyond Hoyt...are you telling me they are doing it out of the gate now and it's going to stay that way? This aggression will not stand, man...
  • Options

And how is this proven? I’ve heard this before, but very curious about this. When my ace struggled a bit in ‘19, upped him to 16/16 and was never threatened again. Just curious
  • Options
    ShoveItUpYoenis2ShoveItUpYoenis2 Registered Users, Member 952 Posts
    tshea510 said:

And how is this proven? I’ve heard this before, but very curious about this. When my ace struggled a bit in ‘19, upped him to 16/16 and was never threatened again. Just curious

Manual play a game and you will see the icon lights up but there is no boost to their stats (arm/ctrl/stuff). Idk nothing about this game is transparent it’s all a mystery and I think Glu likes it that way 🤷🏻‍♂️
  • Options
    tshea510 said:

I don't have a pitcher without games played currently that is capped to test but in the past with spotlight pitchers (560 max) because they were cheap I would pitch them capped without skills leveled at all maybe 50 or so starts and then step them through each skill tier (cash, bxp, then pxp) a number of starts and saw no difference in stats from how they performed without any leveling. Some were better than others inherently based on stuff and arm to control ratio but made up my mind skills don't make a noticeable difference performance wise.