MTSBGA and Royale Weekend

navyjack77navyjack77 Registered Users, Member 1,299 Posts
I’m not really getting my hopes up, but it does seem like it could be a fun weekend with the VIP gifts lining up with Royale weekend. Glu has got to throw us a bone here to make things interesting again. With the actual baseball season being in limbo and most of us being on lockdown, I feel this was Glu’s chance to really amp up this game and get people more engaged. I feel they have missed the mark up to this point. How many of you would like to see Target Bash be implemented into some kind of Royale event instead of Prime games? I know I would. I even wrote to Glu to give them some ideas that might make the game more enjoyable. MTSBGA! What would you like to see in the future that would make the game more fun?

Comments

• SheetFreakSheetFreak Registered Users, Member 89 Posts
    I love the idea, however I don't think you should take out prime games. 
    Prime games, with the refresh rate for energy is one of the few ways someone who doesn't pay regularly can compete and contribute for their clubs.
    Bonus games have a very real cap if you don't spend money on the game, you grow too much and then you're competing with the pay to win players and you're ****.

What you should remove from the Royale would be bonus games. You still have a bonus game event during the week, but you remove that from the Royale and bring in the Target Bash.

Do that and I'd even think about saying that the Royale should be the regular weekend event.
    Each day of the week you have a walk-off monday, a prime event tuesday, Wednesday Royale, Bonus Game day thursday and Royale Weekend where you get to enjoy each mode.
  • BearmeatBearmeat Registered Users, Member 576 Posts
    I think every single diamond player would lose their sh#t if they took out BGs from Royale. Autotap is a very big part of this game
  • mythicaldragonmythicaldragon Registered Users, Member 2,418 Posts
    I enjoy the simplicity of auto play being able to tap on the go or at work if they replaced prime games with target bash  it would ruin the game for me.   Think about how exhausting that would be to play target bash all weekend every time your energy refills? 😳😳  Who has that kind of time??  Do we need more manual play? Yes. But it does not need to be a main event and I don’t think it was ever intended to be a main event.  Auto play is the main entrée of this game manual play is a side dish. My 2 penny’s 
  • Tdub71Tdub71 Registered Users, Member 1,876 Posts
    @mythicaldragon, I agree.  As much as I love TB, it is better off where it is, as a CVC-style event.  Personally, I think that they should go back to the old '18 schedule (pre-Royale) for M-F, and make Royale the every weekend event.

That gives each game mode it's own dedicated day, and then you get to play them all on the weekend.

If you want more TB, replace standard CVC with it for the full weekend, and just run the standard CVC during the week.
  • navyjack77navyjack77 Registered Users, Member 1,299 Posts
    I like the idea of Slugfest Wednesdays again. With the way it’s set up now, Slugfest could be fun again. It was a good way to acquire PXP in ‘18 if I remember correctly. Maybe when Prime players are released we might see it. I understand Target Bash requiring more time to play which is why I’m not pushing to have it a full time event as it plays now, but with some adjustments, it could be done. 
  • sullipa8sullipa8 Registered Users, Member 564 Posts
    Tdub71 said:
    @mythicaldragon, I agree.  As much as I love TB, it is better off where it is, as a CVC-style event.  Personally, I think that they should go back to the old '18 schedule (pre-Royale) for M-F, and make Royale the every weekend event.

That gives each game mode it's own dedicated day, and then you get to play them all on the weekend.

If you want more TB, replace standard CVC with it for the full weekend, and just run the standard CVC during the week.
    This is the best idea. Royale is made for the weekends as you can pick your favorite mode and play it for club points. The fact that it’s multiple days makes it that much more fun. Prime weekends suck so bad. Especially with the way they changed the progress rewards. Even the rewards for individuals and clubs suck bad on Royale weekend. They really have let it go down the tubes but keep forcing it on us. Slugfest should have its own day, so why not Wednesday to replace Royale. 
  • babyjbootsbabyjboots Registered Users, Member 465 Posts
    How many are getting the progress rewards anymore?  On 19, the most I ever put up was probably around 25k but I'd get the 3, 5, 10 or whatever consistently.  Now starting at 30k?  Forget about it.
  • RippersRippers Registered Users, Member 332 Posts
    Can't come close to 30K without spending gold. Rewards just not worth it.
  • sullipa8sullipa8 Registered Users, Member 564 Posts
    Spending gold on prime games is not worth it at all. There is zero value there.

Along with that, I wonder what the incentive is for teams on these Thursday prime days spending all that gold for a .3 discount? There is no way the amount of gold spent makes up for the .3 discount. You can buy the boxes to get the XP and the players. That 30% difference can’t be worth all that gold on Thursday’s just to win prime games.
  • ToughthundercatsToughthundercats Registered Users, Member 1,959 Posts
    I agree. They shouldn't take out prime games. They should have a dedicated day for each mode. Remove royale from Wednesday make it a slugfest. Weekends for royale. Remove CvC completely from weekends make it only for Tuesday's. Bring back CvC clash for Thursdays and put Target bash exclusively for weekends. Make the progress awards for both clubs and in particular individual achievable again like in '19 because 30,000 points is stupid high. Relax the difficulty a bit on extra bases and CvC and especially WoH. Have better player awards for WoH (simply running that mode into the ground IMO). Bring back spotlight boxes or something equivalent (I know we can't have POTM and POTW boxes but how about something like players from years past that have won the awards?). Make player boxes odds a little more achievable. I mean seriously a foil 5* player and specialty 5* players same odds as ATGs on weekends?🤨 I still got two out of five of my ATGs last year from free gifts and achievement boxes. One from CvC boxes and one chasing Posada double men on base skill which I also got Posada as well and the other one chasing George Brett double lhb and also got Brett too. Just sayin'....