Bonus Games Impossible

jsupes97jsupes97 Registered Users, Member 6 Posts
I cannot win a bonus game to save my life right now. It says I'm playing against teams that match up equally or are better than mine every single game. I am at the last bronze stage and playing against silver teams. Honestly, it's bullshit and I'm about to delete the game because I can't level anything up. All my players are at the max bronze level and the upgrades and pennants are at their max too. My club is at silver 6. Please, someone give me some advice before I delete the game...

Comments

• LonzoBallinLonzoBallin Registered Users, Member 637 Posts
    Your bonus game opponent is based on your number of games played.  If you've played a lot of games, you will start facing silver teams even though you are still bronze.  The only way to win consistently would be to upgrade your team to silver.
    Proud TSB VIP!
  • sucios08sucios08 Registered Users, Member 130 Posts
    Ok I’m that note so that the reason I only play gold teams even though im on silver and all my upgrades are at 40/40 all players are at max and I can’t win a single game ? 
  • mythicaldragonmythicaldragon Registered Users, Member 2,418 Posts
    Advice: Delete the game 
  • jsupes97jsupes97 Registered Users, Member 6 Posts
    Your bonus game opponent is based on your number of games played.  If you've played a lot of games, you will start facing silver teams even though you are still bronze.  The only way to win consistently would be to upgrade your team to silver.
    I can't even reach silver because I can't win a bonus game
  • COWPILEYCOWPILEY Registered Users, Member 825 Posts
    You can try to lower your team strength (replace subs, non-essential pitchers with 1* guys) to maybe get a slightly better matchup you can win some of until you can go silver
  • GojuRenshi123GojuRenshi123 Registered Users, Member 9 Posts
    I have been playing this game for over two years.  When you face teams above your level.  The best thing to do is to either level up, or disguise your team strength by filling your bench spots and reliever spots with one star players.  If it is really bad..if you have hundreds of ice packs, .put your ace pitcher at sp1 while the rest of the pitching slots is filled with one star players. 
  • LuJaDuLuJaDu Registered Users, Member 8 Posts
    Are you Auto-playing or manually playing the games? If you are manually playing and losing I would recommend trying auto-play and vice versa. In addition to that, what star rating is the majority of your team? I would recommend to get as many 4 or 5 star players as you can. 

Goodluck!!!
  • STEELCITY72STEELCITY72 Registered Users, Member 11 Posts
    Play real people. You can get to the number of games needed to level up to silver.  Try tournament games as well.
  • iratepirateiratepirate Registered Users, Member 306 Posts
    edited April 2020
    Yeah, I was planning to go gold today, but I've lost my first 11 BGs, every one of them. And I need 26 more wins to reach the playoffs. Ut oh!

This happened at bronze too, but then they were giving a BG for 95% of the BGs I lost. Now I'm getting late round draft picks and energy drinks for my losses.

I guess I'll start a bunch of versus games and hope for my opponents to resign in 26 of them. LOL.
    Keepers: Ruth/Posada/Paige. ML is SS (RHP/RHP) - I went Platinum June 17
  • bobbybuchey4bobbybuchey4 Registered Users, Member 2 Posts
    Put weak players in as subs and lower your bullpen pitchers too. See if that helps 
    Yeah, I did that. This is what I do for season mode playoffs.
    I started winning about 25% of my BGs when I did it yesterday.
    I'm also starting as many MATCH ME games as I can (there aren't that many available). I figure a lot of opponents will resign or time out, and I'll get wins that way.
    Thanks
    One thing that surprisingly didn't work well was to also replace S2-S5 with 1-star pitchers and use an ice pack to throw my ace every game. I only won like 1 out of 6 games doing that. Small sample size I know. I'm actually ahead in about half of the MATCH ME games I have going.

Just need 13 more wins.
  • EdmBombersEdmBombers Registered Users, Member 3 Posts
    This is by far the worst year for bonus games. You’re constantly being matched against teams that have team strength at least 10-15% higher than yours, and to top it off, it seems you’re always playing against their ace. The odd time you are almost evenly matched, the other team scores 5 or 6 runs in the ninth against your maxed out closer. Extremely frustrating. 
  • BigTuna421BigTuna421 Registered Users, Member 20 Posts
    Edm... I'm glad I can be here to agree with your point fully. That reminds me... Im going to go play more bonus games so WE GET IN THAT TOP TEN WOO!!
    This is by far the worst year for bonus games. You’re constantly being matched against teams that have team strength at least 10-15% higher than yours, and to top it off, it seems you’re always playing against their ace. The odd time you are almost evenly matched, the other team scores 5 or 6 runs in the ninth against your maxed out closer. Extremely frustrating. 

• Sully138Sully138 Registered Users, Member 10 Posts
    I haven't had any issues with Maxed out 4 1/2 to 5 Star silver team winning bonus games.
     Does placing a certain number of 1 star players really make a difference? I'm fairly new to this. Meaning I only played a few games in previous TSB games.
  • garba21garba21 Registered Users, Member 5 Posts
    I was in the same spot you were when I had my team maxed and I was silver. Once I hit gold though it all seemed to level out and I have not had the issue since.
  • RippersRippers Registered Users, Member 332 Posts
    My Gold team has played 3500 games and now am constantly matched up with Platinum teams playing bonus games and Tournaments. I went Diamond last year in June and played roughly 190,000 games but am going to try to stay Gold this year. Maybe WOH, Target Bash, and CVC will be enough for me. Don't need bonus games for that. 
  • CheapVodCheapVod Registered Users, Member 10 Posts
    Bonus games seem to be easier towards the end of an event.
  • SonicTitanSonicTitan Registered Users, Member 6 Posts
    I hear ya. Bonus games have been incredibly hard this year.  I hung around silver for a bit and was starting to lose a bunch so I jumped to gold and things immediately got better.  I hung around gold 1 for a bit and it started to get bad and decided to jump to platinum.  This was fine for like 30 games or so then all of a sudden I'm facing diamond 6 teams with maxed out diamond pitchers.  I'm losing way more than I did last year.  At a maxed out roster my TS is ~120k.  I dropped it down to ~90-95k and things have only gotten slightly better.  I'm still only winning ~50% of these BGs.
  • RippersRippers Registered Users, Member 332 Posts
    You can block teams that aren't in your level. Takes a little time but helps for bonus games. Doesn't work for Tournaments though.
  • SonicTitanSonicTitan Registered Users, Member 6 Posts
    Rippers said:
    You can block teams that aren't in your level. Takes a little time but helps for bonus games. Doesn't work for Tournaments though.
    Yea I've started doing that.  Seems like as soon as I start adding some teams i keep losing too, theres just a new round of team that start beating me.  Yea, I'm getting killed in Tournaments.  My starters are all plat 8-10 and figured maybe my upgrades weren't high enough.  All the main ones were at 60 and the bottom ones at 45.  So I start playing manually and then see "so and so has upgraded their pitching to 8" haha so idk, I'm just losing way more than I expected to
  • 2020KC2020KC Registered Users, Member 711 Posts
    edited May 2020
    jsupes97 said:
    I cannot win a bonus game to save my life right now. It says I'm playing against teams that match up equally or are better than mine every single game. I am at the last bronze stage and playing against silver teams. Honestly, it's bullshit and I'm about to delete the game because I can't level anything up. All my players are at the max bronze level and the upgrades and pennants are at their max too. My club is at silver 6. Please, someone give me some advice before I delete the game...
    I was having a hell of a time til you started appearing in my bonus level now its easy sailing.

I keeed I keeed
    you can't spell deteriorate without detroit
  • likenightlikenight Registered Users, Member 471 Posts
    Yeah can’t win in maxed out silver. 
    Normally I would buy field pass just so I can autoplay but not with this bullshit.