Best Player in game.

SheetFreakSheetFreak Registered Users, Member 89 Posts
edited May 2020 in General TSB Discussion
So I know everybody complains about the guys in the game so far. Can't wait for prime guys etc etc. 

Who is the best player in game so far?
Keeping in mind all game modes. Skills. Pitchers, batters. Obviously not counting keepers. Who is the best player we've had available so far this year?

For my money it's ops Rendon so far. The skill VS lefty pitchers + rally skill
This guy is a beast. 

Comments

• BRCBRC Registered Users, Member 15 Posts
    He is my best so far also 
  • JCAM80JCAM80 Registered Users, Member 606 Posts
    edited May 2020
    Vs LHP (nor rally skill) will never be most people's consideration for best in game since right handed starting pitchers are much more abundant. 
    Probably gotta go with most recent Soto if you win by 4+ most games, or newest Torres if you play more close games. 
  • TimidDeuceTimidDeuce Registered Users, Member 87 Posts
    For WOH Rendon is the best righty closer to date.  I’ve been using 330 Francisco “one skill always active” Lindor as my lefty closer and he got me through 6.10 at gold level today.  Soto is probably the best for all other game modes.
  • CleanupcrewCleanupcrew Registered Users, Member 123 Posts
    It's between Rendon and foil Mookie for me. Own them both.
    T. R. N. ~ Cleanupcrew 
  • 1994EXPOS1994EXPOS Registered Users, Member 149 Posts
    For WOH Rendon is the best righty closer to date.  I’ve been using 330 Francisco “one skill always active” Lindor as my lefty closer and he got me through 6.10 at gold level today.  Soto is probably the best for all other game modes.

Machado (vsLHP, 1st pitch) has actually done better for me against Corbin than Rendon, despite slightly lower base hit rate, as you need to get within 3 runs of tying the matchup for rally skill to activate. Also rally deactivates when score is tied so I don't really like that skill that much, just a poor version of the newer close skill
  • ThumbstersThumbsters Registered Users, Member 267 Posts

• sullipa8sullipa8 Registered Users, Member 564 Posts
    1994EXPOS said:

Machado (vsLHP, 1st pitch) has actually done better for me against Corbin than Rendon, despite slightly lower base hit rate, as you need to get within 3 runs of tying the matchup for rally skill to activate. Also rally deactivates when score is tied so I don't really like that skill that much, just a poor version of the newer close skill
    I made the same change this weekend with great success. Machado faired much better than Rendon. It really is all about the matchups and the skills. The thing with Rendon is that he doesn’t start with the skill on in 6.9. So you have a greater chance of not getting a pitch to hit that first at bat than with Machado. 
  • MattattackMattattack Registered Users 1,971 Posts
    I like Bellinger from last weekend for WOH and the Soto from last Wednesday and other modes
  • retirepujolsretirepujols Registered Users, Member 4,855 Posts
    edited May 2020
    sullipa8 said:
    I made the same change this weekend with great success. Machado faired much better than Rendon. It really is all about the matchups and the skills. The thing with Rendon is that he doesn’t start with the skill on in 6.9. So you have a greater chance of not getting a pitch to hit that first at bat than with Machado. 
    I used this weekends fan reward Garver (320 with hot hitter and close) on 6.9 all weekend and, although he starts with neither skill active, he slayed Corbin each time with a video boost. I wasn't expecting that, but I kept using him over Gurriel and Torres because it just WORKED 🤷‍♂️ sometimes you just need to experiment and find the guy that works
    "It's amazing how much work you can put in without gangly-ass legs in the way" - Sir Tdub71
  • JTPASTORJTPASTOR Registered Users, Member 456 Posts
    @retirepujols I was pleasantly surprised at Garver's performance as well. 
  • 1994EXPOS1994EXPOS Registered Users, Member 149 Posts
    sullipa8 said:
    I used this weekends fan reward Garver (320 with hot hitter and close) on 6.9 all weekend and, although he starts with neither skill active, he slayed Corbin each time with a video boost. I wasn't expecting that, but I kept using him over Gurriel and Torres because it just WORKED 🤷‍♂️ sometimes you just need to experiment and find the guyb

I think it's probably because you're Diamond that Garver worked well. At silver (when I tested rendon vs machado) the difference in performance is easily felt when the batter doesn't have optimal skills. I didn't use either this weekend at 6.9 after going Gold though as I made ML high average with vslhp/late innings as my lhp killer
  • SheetFreakSheetFreak Registered Users, Member 89 Posts
    So...... I would like to amend my best player in the game comment........ 401-2 with a 0.64 Era. 
    I Don't even have his skills capped. 
    HOLY ****
  • ToughthundercatsToughthundercats Registered Users, Member 1,959 Posts
    Cody is mine but I tell you Leury Garcia with 1st spot skill has surprised the heck out of me. When I got him I was like meh...but the dude rakes and swipes a ton of bases.
  • MattattackMattattack Registered Users 1,971 Posts
    Pujols is the new king for all modes but WOH.   
  • ShoveItUpYoenis2ShoveItUpYoenis2 Registered Users, Member 952 Posts
    Who is the best player in game so far?

Heath Hembree. This is an old screenshot but his ERA is still 0.00 after 8,000+ games played. 

• steflabombesteflabombe Registered Users, Member 1 Posts
    TROUT & MOOKIE !
  • TrojanKi7TrojanKi7 Registered Users, Member 22 Posts
    Pujols. He’s amazing. Then Trout
  • TrojanKi7TrojanKi7 Registered Users, Member 22 Posts
    & Buster Posey is just as good OPS as Trout
  • DFBBDFBB Registered Users, Moderators, Member, Moderator 6,602 Posts
    It all depends on the game modes you prefer, but my current top 3:

1)Foil Didi (2x vs rhp, 101/93 base)
    2)Foil Kris Bryant (2x Blowouts, 101/97 base)
    3)330 max Pujols( HH and Blowouts 99/100 base)
    If you're not having fun, you're losing.
  • Sully138Sully138 Registered Users, Member 10 Posts
    Mookie and Trout have been great for me. But Wolters and McNeil have been surprisingly great for a 320 rating.
  • Icemz7Icemz7 Registered Users, Member 32 Posts
    May Trea Turner is is hella good, the rhp ability as a right handed batter makes him hit over .400 against both pitchers and I’m only silver. 320 Machado is also very good