Doc's Early Season WoH SILVER Observations: Good, Bad, Ugly, and Off The Charts Cheating

2Next

Comments

• TheFullMonteTheFullMonte Registered Users, Member 1,589 Posts
    sullipa8 said:
    sullipa8 said:
    For those who aren’t aware, cheating is code for “This is harder than I want it to be and I have to work at it to achieve it. But I don’t want to want to put in the work, I just want it handed to me. And if it’s not, I’ll just say it’s cheating because that’s easier than putting in effort.” 

I think most people that have played a significant amount of this game understand there are RNG fluctuations,

But the Dr is right, it is "different" this year.  Despite cycling successfully a couple of times already, I had a 4-5 hour window yesterday when I couldn't get through level 3.  I'm not talking being unable to beat 6.10...I'm talking halfway through the freaking thing, a 330 hitter with two active skills at 8/8 losing repeatedly mid way through the round 

Right, it is harder this year. The difficulty is greater than it was last year. And the rewards are not what they were last year, making it more frustrating that the difficulty is up. But the game still works the exact same way it always has. It’s just harder and takes more work than it did last year, which was harder than it was the year before.  
    I think “harder” would imply more attempts to get through the last level or less success rate at 6.10.  Not hours long windows where maxed out 330 guys can’t beat 3.6
  • drsmartassphddrsmartassphd Registered Users, Member 3,133 Posts
    sullipa8 said:
    For those who aren’t aware, cheating is code for “This is harder than I want it to be and I have to work at it to achieve it. But I don’t want to want to put in the work, I just want it handed to me. And if it’s not, I’ll just say it’s cheating because that’s easier than putting in effort.” 
    Lol. No. Not how I operate at all. I played WoH for probably 12 hours before I finally gave up this weekend. 

If I am screwing up, I say so. I made it clear in the OP I liked the new challenge in terms of having to hit the ball all over the field now. That’s fine.

Its the other manufactured BS that takes away from the game. When you are more limited in just getting a CHANCE to win, that gets old quickly. I am really good at WoH, but you CAN’T win when the game is programmed to throw you thousands of pitches a day that you won’t reach with your bat. That’s pure garbage, and I won’t hesitate to point it out. Blatant cheating sucks and takes away from the experience. Period. It sucks playing a full round, only to drop 160 gold on the last level for two chances, and your “outs” in those two games are 18 pitches in another time zone that this rigged game calls a strike. And the cheating ALWAYS starts at the same time...

I have also figured out all the patterns. They become VERY predictable after a few hours of play. Again, that’s part of being good at the game, but if GLU only gives you a 10% chance to win after you reach 3.5 at Silver, that’s just garbage. 

Yes, we are aware of the game having crashing issues in the middle of WoH, but we can't compensate you for the gold you lost at this time. This is done on a case by case basis. - TSB Customer Service

• toddgurley30toddgurley30 Registered Users, Member 252 Posts
    Ya I can tell when an outfielder is about to drop a ball based on how the shortstop is running out there.
    edited May 2020
    Monte is dead on too: not being able to beat 3.5 or 3.6 for hours with the best players bc the game is cheating so bad is beyond stupid.

Go back to the slot machine analogy here: I’m not drinking free beer and pulling a lever waiting on RNG for fun. I pay with my time and money to build a team, and this is the reward? Knowing I can’t advance past a low level not bc my team isn’t good and not bc I can’t beat it.

I wish one of the baseball games for Xbox would add a WoH element to their offering. I’d never play TSB again

Yes, we are aware of the game having crashing issues in the middle of WoH, but we can't compensate you for the gold you lost at this time. This is done on a case by case basis. - TSB Customer Service

And already today. This is what I’m referring to. Level 1.3. Nine and out. I’m not even going to fool around with it and just restart the entire round. Unnecessary cheating already. 5.3 or 6.3? Ok I can live with that. 1.3? You are ruining the damn game

• dkarski87dkarski87 Registered Users, Member 3,040 Posts
    why r u manually playing in the first place that early?
    "Oops we need to restart! Yeap that's 2019 for ya!"
    – The Great Houmy
    dkarski87 said:
    why r u manually playing in the first place that early?
    Because if I try to sim I lose about 80% of the time in 2020, which is also BS.

oh and eff triple plays. Just happened to me on effing 2.10 in PRO. Bases loaded, no out, drill the ball.... into a triple play. What good is putting blue cash into base running when that’s rigged to cheat too?

• JTANDMEJTANDME Registered Users, Member 767 Posts
    But can you clear it six or seven times so you can cycle cap? 
    IF you are still silver/gold why do you NEED to cycle cap? I have finally lowered my expectation/demand in that regard. If I can clear it one or two times then I can probably get him capped at minimal pain. Not trying to be an @$$ but just wondering. 
  • TheFullMonteTheFullMonte Registered Users, Member 1,589 Posts
    JTANDME said:
    IF you are still silver/gold why do you NEED to cycle cap? I have finally lowered my expectation/demand in that regard. If I can clear it one or two times then I can probably get him capped at minimal pain. Not trying to be an @$$ but just wondering. 

You may be fine with that now and BXP players.  I doubt you feel that way when we're chasing Legends and Prime guys
    Just hit into my fourth triple play today. Lesson to share: don’t pull the pitch if bases are loaded and no outs. Was the scenario for me each time. Hope that helps.

• 1994EXPOS1994EXPOS Registered Users, Member 149 Posts
    edited May 2020
    Lesson to share: don’t pull the pitch if bases are loaded and no outs.
    Ok looks like we found what the problem is. Try NEVER pulling any pitch

• retirepujolsretirepujols Registered Users, Member 4,855 Posts
    1994EXPOS said:
    Lesson to share: don’t pull the pitch if bases are loaded and no outs.
    Ok looks like we found what the problem is. Try NEVER pulling any pitch

Pull slugfest, push walk off
    "It's amazing how much work you can put in without gangly-ass legs in the way" - Sir Tdub71
  • FrankTheTank04FrankTheTank04 Registered Users, Member 1,092 Posts
    So you're tellin' me there's a chance
    Just no.  
  • BearmeatBearmeat Registered Users, Member 576 Posts
    You drop your TS for season mode, why not woh. Try it. Less “cheat outs”
  • JTANDMEJTANDME Registered Users, Member 767 Posts
    JTANDME said:

You may be fine with that now and BXP players.  I doubt you feel that way when we're chasing Legends and Prime guys
    Oh I am 100% in that camp when it comes to prime/legends. I was talking current situation not the future. 
  • baseball2020baseball2020 Registered Users, Member 511 Posts
    dkarski87 said:
    lol, I do agree with you. Last year you could get away with killin WOH in gold tier. This year not so much thus far. This year Plat seems to be the sweet spot.
    I am Platinum and I am 1 for 10 against Corbin today using an 80 Gold Boost. I am using 320 Anderson who is capped with skills at 5/8. 5 for the “close” skill and 8 for the “late innings” skill. At least they made my decision easy to just farm gold today. 
    The feel of the game seems better today. I know I won’t win bc I need a lefty closer, but I’ve gotten close to Corbin twice when i probably shouldn’t have. Lucky RNG somehow lol

• fahhq2fahhq2 Registered Users, Member 850 Posts
    Bearmeat said:
    You drop your TS for season mode, why not woh. Try it. Less “cheat outs”
    Is that really you @25Jackie???
  • Cooz19Cooz19 Registered Users 1,256 Posts
    sullipa8 said:
    Yes, but no. It's not a question of effort. It seems the common results of failure in the game are either accusing the game itself of cheating (which is hilarious) or spending money (which is why the game is "cheating" in the first place). You can't just keep practicing (effort) and get the best players and be the best at it. 
    In your opinion, there are no preprogrammed outs during WoH? There are no situations where the pitcher throws unhittable pitches in the other batters box that are called strikes? If this isn’t happening to you, I’d love to know your secret. 

Also, I did beat it yesterday after acquiring Posey, so I just LOL at those who say I’m not good at this. I pretty much invest 80% of my TSB life on WoH. No, my expectations aren’t going 100/100 against 5.10 either.  I just think it’s silly to have a game where even the best rosters, at any level, have to wait hours for a chance to win it. 

• Cooz19Cooz19 Registered Users 1,256 Posts
    edited May 2020
    No, my issue is you considering that "cheating." Your perspective of the game is all totally accurate if there WEREN'T pre-determined outcomes, and it was an open playing format. It's not. It's all a numbers game with a bunch of animation. The diving stab of a ground ball isn't a fluke. Neither is the weird glitch on grounders back to the pitcher, flyouts...those are all outs, just with different situation-based animation. That means the RNG you rolled wasn't enough to win. 
  • lovingcurveslovingcurves Registered Users, Member 279 Posts
    I always cycle 10 times every event to cap my player to bronze 10. Never uses gold and i don’t have any troubles beating it. Not sure why you all have problems beating woh.
  • 25Jackie25Jackie Registered Users, Member 245 Posts
    UMM... first year player.   The veteran players know better!
    I always cycle 10 times every event to cap my player to bronze 10. Never uses gold and i don’t have any troubles beating it. Not sure why you all have problems beating woh.
    What level is your team? I watched a diamond player last night play a recording of his rounds against WoH last Monday. Nothing but fastballs on the last level and he cleared quickly. Thus comes the ultimate conundrum: do I want it to be THAT easy? Lol

I also can’t live the diamond life. I watched a 20 minute tutorial on that and I just don’t have the time or money to play that way. Being Silver or Gold is the best way for me to enjoy the game. 

Again, this just goes back to GLU finding a happy medium for those players, but they seem to be moving further from that.

• navyjack77navyjack77 Registered Users, Member 1,299 Posts

What level is your team? I watched a diamond player last night play a recording of his rounds against WoH last Monday. Nothing but fastballs on the last level and he cleared quickly. Thus comes the ultimate conundrum: do I want it to be THAT easy? Lol

I also can’t live the diamond life. I watched a 20 minute tutorial on that and I just don’t have the time or money to play that way. Being Silver or Gold is the best way for me to enjoy the game. 
    From the many posts of yours I’ve read, it doesn’t seem like you’re enjoying the game at all. You actually sound fairly miserable IMO. Just go Diamond already. 😉 
  • MattattackMattattack Registered Users 1,971 Posts

From the many posts of yours I’ve read, it doesn’t seem like you’re enjoying the game at all. You actually sound fairly miserable IMO. Just go Diamond already. 😉 
    you left out the grow a sack part but yeah :)
  • sullipa8sullipa8 Registered Users, Member 564 Posts
    Cooz19 said:
    No, my issue is you considering that "cheating." Your perspective of the game is all totally accurate if there WEREN'T pre-determined outcomes, and it was an open playing format. It's not. It's all a numbers game with a bunch of animation. The diving stab of a ground ball isn't a fluke. Neither is the weird glitch on grounders back to the pitcher, flyouts...those are all outs, just with different situation-based animation. That means the RNG you rolled wasn't enough to win. 
    I completely agree with this. It’s all about the numbers with a small bit of skill sprinkled in. We have all been there where we know we mistimed a swing, so that’s where the skill comes in. The rest of it is just matchups based on numbers and fancy animation to break up the monotony. 
  • rmouse511rmouse511 Registered Users, Member 185 Posts
    @drsmartassphd I really wanted to stay gold this year as well. Just like you, WOH is my favorite event. I went Platinum this last weekend and have enjoyed WOH a lot more. Instead if spending hours trying to clear it one time, I spend my time cycling the tower to collect resources. If the player reward isn’t someone I need on my team, it doesn’t matter because I still can get needed resources to level up better players by cycling. 

You can be a solid platinum team by either spending money or spending a lot of time on the app. It sounds like you spend more time than me playing WOH. You would easily make enough resources cycling WOH at platinum to level up 1-2 players a week.I went platinum to make WOH more enjoyable for me. It doesn’t cost more money to have a team at platinum. You would be surprised how quickly you can get resources by cycling WOH. 
  • lovingcurveslovingcurves Registered Users, Member 279 Posts

Again, this just goes back to GLU finding a happy medium for those players, but they seem to be moving further from that.
    I’m bronze