5/4 WOH

JTPASTORJTPASTOR Registered Users, Member 456 Posts

Prev1

Comments

• retirepujolsretirepujols Registered Users, Member 4,856 Posts
    Cool. No "pressure" to cap, just a bxp earning day. 
    "It's amazing how much work you can put in without gangly-ass legs in the way" - Sir Tdub71
    really gotta thankglu FOR REMOVING A SKILL FROM TEH WOH REWARD
    Royale is a higher difficulty and 6 tiers, so the reward is better.
    "It's amazing how much work you can put in without gangly-ass legs in the way" - Sir Tdub71
  • drsmartassphddrsmartassphd Registered Users, Member 3,133 Posts
    Lol what a shitty reward. No double skill either? Lolol

Whats the point in even doing a day with just WoH anymore? Just save it for Royale. With all the blatant cheating, who wants to grind this out below platinum?

Yes, we are aware of the game having crashing issues in the middle of WoH, but we can't compensate you for the gold you lost at this time. This is done on a case by case basis. - TSB Customer Service

• JTPASTORJTPASTOR Registered Users, Member 456 Posts
    Agree that Royale should be a better reward for 6 levels, but the game shouldn't regress...even a 315 double LI reward wouldn't make most teams at 315. Maybe they'll update him later and add a skill. 
    Eaton this weekend was a 315 🙃
  • MattattackMattattack Registered Users 1,971 Posts
    edited May 2020
    Look, guys. All of this "woh sucks below platinum" stuff is because woh is more important for platinum+ teams. You want to cycle woh easier and have the rewards make your team? Go diamond. You dont want that headache and enjoy leveling whoever you want whenever you want at silver? Then dont expect woh to be an event for you. 
  • TheFullMonteTheFullMonte Registered Users, Member 1,589 Posts
    wow.  That is not cool Glu
    Yup no tier has everything you want.   Thats not how things work.  The lower tiers advantage is easy leveling of players, you sacrifice other things if thats whats important to you
    Look, guys. All of this "woh sucks below platinum" stuff is because woh is more important for platinum+ teams. You want to cycle woh easier and have the rewards make your team? Go diamond. You dont want that headache and enjoy leveling whoever you want whenever you want at silver? Then dont expect woh to be an event for you. 
    That doesn't really justify the regression in reward though. You don't just improve the reward one day and make it worse the next
    He's referring to it being a 315 which is the same as Eaton.  That's all thats really relevant for Plat and Diamond because of the BXP duplication per cycle.  Again if you are hoping the WOH is someone that is ideal or good for your team, then i'm not sure what to tell you.  That's not what WOH is anymore
    I agree to an extent, but why regress with rewards? That’s just dumb, especially if that’s your only event.

Also, the reward at the lowest level today has a better hit rating than the mid tier guy. Lolol

Sorry, I just expect more out of a game that generates as much money as this one does. 

Yes, we are aware of the game having crashing issues in the middle of WoH, but we can't compensate you for the gold you lost at this time. This is done on a case by case basis. - TSB Customer Service

• 1994EXPOS1994EXPOS Registered Users, Member 149 Posts

While I agree with what you're saying, I think the main problem is most of us were playing early last year, when WoH rewards were often actually good enough to make our Silver/Gold lineups if you didn't chase every new box.
    Last year about this time Goldschmidt with a prime game skill was the woh reward..
    edited May 2020
    Here's the first monday woh in may 2019 for you guys. It's not much different, I think you guys are remembering woh that's a little more recent. 

I just got curved out on 1.3.

This type of garbage is beyond stupid. 

Last year about this time Goldschmidt with a prime game skill was the woh reward..

Yeah maybe not that early (started playing woh mid-may) but I don't think there were 2 skills players in the game when Goldschmidt and Grandal were WoH rewards ? I may be wrong though as I wasn't playing woh at that time

Anyway Renfroe, Meadows, Arrieta, Beaty etc were nice Classic rewards that improved my team. And I started beating Classic with a mediocre silver team in late may, so Classic was quite a bit easier than this year top tower. Also this week's reward is a 315 overall single skilled player when we've got 335 double skilled players in boxes, the gap is a lot wider than early 19 IMO
    You're right @uwjnhaduihduiowa, what I shared was the first woh of may (royale). The first may 2019 monday woh was when the tiers were introduced and 6 level hof was introduced with 2 skill seager. Seems the 6 level hof tier with a 2 skill player is now the royale woh and Monday's woh is a lower level similar to what royale was then.
    edited May 2020
    1994EXPOS said:

Yeah maybe not that early (started playing woh mid-may) but I don't think there were 2 skills players in the game when Goldschmidt and Grandal were WoH rewards ? I may be wrong though as I wasn't playing woh at that time

Anyway Renfroe, Meadows, Arrieta, Beaty etc were nice Classic rewards that improved my team. And I started beating Classic with a mediocre silver team in late may, so Classic was quite a bit easier than this year top tower. Also this week's reward is a 315 overall single skilled player when we've got 335 double skilled players in boxes, the gap is a lot wider than early 19 IMO
    The first time I beat walk off last year was for a 325 overall one skilled baby dahl (2 skills, but one was bases loaded) on june 5th, and I was using two skill buxton and PRIME Vlad to do it 🤪
  • dustyhunksdustyhunks Registered Users, Member 1,672 Posts
    Goldschmidt was April 29th 2019 reward, last standard Monday reward, Grandal May 1st for Royale WoH.

Baby Dahl was two skill. This was my May 1st team in silver:

1994EXPOS said:

The first time I beat walk off last year was for a one skilled baby dahl, and I was using two skill buxton and PRIME Vlad to do it 🤪

Oh yeah I remember baby dahl lol that means first time i beat Classic was one week before you and I beat it with some 4.5 and 5 stars from draft picks, ML with RISP skill, 320 Bellinger with vsRHP skill, and POTWs Bell (RISP skill I believe) and Vlad (not sure about his skill, maybe vsRHP?). And I don't think I had invested past cash on those skills lol That was my awesome silver team that beat WoH to get Renfroe!

• dustyhunksdustyhunks Registered Users, Member 1,672 Posts
    Dahl was June 5th, empty bases and LI skills FYI.
    Dahl was June 5th, empty bases and LI skills FYI.
    Yes sir, I mentioned that in parenthesis (I made a poor joke about him being one skilled since bases empty/loaded sucks).
    I'll never forget chris sale ☹ that f***
  • COWPILEYCOWPILEY Registered Users, Member 825 Posts
    Hey Blue - Sure tired of video boost crashing the game only in the late levels and losing the round. Getting real old. 
  • 25Jackie25Jackie Registered Users, Member 245 Posts
    THE days when WOH started. You used to get  a player that fit  in your line up. IT was even or above the best players available.  NOW  just mon  starters  .. Woh was the best day ever. It has now lost the fun it once had.
    l

• slafrance2slafrance2 Registered Users, Member 1,370 Posts
    Got to 5.7 lost twice without a chance. Back to gold farming.
    COWPILEY said:
    Hey Blue - Sure tired of video boost crashing the game only in the late levels and losing the round. Getting real old. 
    Yeah I whined about this. CS asked for a screenshot. Lololol

How do you take a screenshot of that?

useless as always

• babyjbootsbabyjboots Registered Users, Member 465 Posts
    These guys are customer support pros.  You came in with a legitimate concern and they already have you wondering if you should even bother...
    I have no expectations of winning today, but I’ve made it to 6.10 several times. I don’t have a true lefty closer so I’m using new Guriel. Gotten within two twice too but the round starts with no blinkers on. As long as I don’t go to extra innings I’d have a shot at this with one more player. All I can ask for. Hope they keep it this way.

• BearmeatBearmeat Registered Users, Member 576 Posts
    I have no expectations of winning today, but I’ve made it to 6.10 several times. I don’t have a true lefty closer so I’m using new Guriel. Gotten within two twice too but the round starts with no blinkers on. As long as I don’t go to extra innings I’d have a shot at this with one more player. All I can ask for. Hope they keep it this way.
    4 times through today. You don’t need an opposite side hitter to get it done.