Game Difficulty Level

CleanupcrewCleanupcrew Registered Users, Member 123 Posts
Don't get me wrong, I'm all for it being competitive... But maybe you guys took it just a little overboard? Lol. 

I've had 4 playoff attempts to complete/get past the Platinum - Ace tier and have lost because the pitching on the opposing matchup's team was just too strong even as I played manually.

The pitching has been horrible in general IMO which hasn't helped my cause or that of others I've seen frustration from. Just wondering if there's really anything more I could do... I've even tried replacing some of my studs with bench guys and it hasn't worked.

Anyone else having an issue or hoping they cut us some slack? 
T. R. N. ~ Cleanupcrew 
Prev1

Comments

• dkarski87dkarski87 Registered Users, Member 3,040 Posts
    Nope, your team isn't capped. What do you expect. Cant level up when your players are still in gold level when your platinum. Game mechanics 101.
    "Oops we need to restart! Yeap that's 2019 for ya!"
    – The Great Houmy
  • CleanupcrewCleanupcrew Registered Users, Member 123 Posts
    Is that what it is? I've been playing catch up ever since they couldn't get me logged in early on so I was playing 100 miles hour without realizing or thinking about it I guess. 🤷🏻‍♂️🤦🏻‍♂️
    T. R. N. ~ Cleanupcrew 
    dkarski87 said:
    Nope, your team isn't capped. What do you expect. Cant level up when your players are still in gold level when your platinum. Game mechanics 101.
    So just level up guys to platinum and I should be set?
    T. R. N. ~ Cleanupcrew 
    You have to be capped at your tier level to be successful. You cant be in Platinum with silver and gold players, you wont win any games.
    – The Great Houmy
  • SandlotGuruSandlotGuru Registered Users, Member 285 Posts
    @Cleanupcrew - I was able to run through all of platinum over the weekend using an all gold team up through the P5 playoffs.  I used a three man starting rotation of 315-330 guys (no skills leveled) and two relievers 315-320 (no skills leveled), otherwise all pitchers were B1s.  My legend is a 2B, so I put a B1 in that spot.  Also used the franchise prime Judge heavily and put a B1 in an outfield slot.  Hitters on the bench were B1s.  My TS was only about 65K, so I was playing against more silver teams than platinum ones.  I blocked any team that had a stud platinum pitcher.  For the playoffs I would put in all B1 pitchers except for my ace starter, which further nerfed my TS down to about 55K.  Once I hit the P5 playoffs I found that I needed better pitching so I levelled my ace to P10.  Running through P6 I levelled the weekend Belli to P10 and really didn't have too much trouble.  Overall I won 79% of my bonus games during this run, so it can definitely be done, you just have to work smarter, not harder.  Hopefully that gives you some ideas.  Good luck!         
    That only works if your pushing up tiers in a short time window to level up. You get easier teams for the first bit. Wont last long.
    – The Great Houmy
    @Cleanupcrew - I was able to run through all of platinum over the weekend using an all gold team up through the P5 playoffs.  I used a three man starting rotation of 315-330 guys (no skills leveled) and two relievers 315-320 (no skills leveled), otherwise all pitchers were B1s.  My legend is a 2B, so I put a B1 in that spot.  Also used the franchise prime Judge heavily and put a B1 in an outfield slot.  Hitters on the bench were B1s.  My TS was only about 65K, so I was playing against more silver teams than platinum ones.  I blocked any team that had a stud platinum pitcher.  For the playoffs I would put in all B1 pitchers except for my ace starter, which further nerfed my TS down to about 55K.  Once I hit the P5 playoffs I found that I needed better pitching so I levelled my ace to P10.  Running through P6 I levelled the weekend Belli to P10 and really didn't have too much trouble.  Overall I won 79% of my bonus games during this run, so it can definitely be done, you just have to work smarter, not harder.  Hopefully that gives you some ideas.  Good luck!         
    Appreciate this bro, definitely a better understanding of how to try to go about it moving forward. 
    T. R. N. ~ Cleanupcrew 
    @dkarski87 - agreed. I had a very specific goal to get to diamond on cheap.  Today I plan to buy the VIP Elite subscription, fieldpass and then burn through about 200K gold.  If my math is right, I should be able to cap every bonus player today, my two keeper bats, weekend Scherzer, 4 other bats and then cycle WOH like a madman.  Can't wait!
  • retirepujolsretirepujols Registered Users, Member 4,856 Posts
    my two keeper bats
    I think I love you 😍
    "It's amazing how much work you can put in without gangly-ass legs in the way" - Sir Tdub71
    Smart man, thats how I would do it.
    – The Great Houmy
  • drsmartassphddrsmartassphd Registered Users, Member 3,133 Posts
    GLU has the OP right where they want him. The amount of cash you need to spend to catch up....yikes

Yes, we are aware of the game having crashing issues in the middle of WoH, but we can't compensate you for the gold you lost at this time. This is done on a case by case basis. - TSB Customer Service

I started playing towards the end of '18 and breezed through last season without really getting into the details or dynamics much... Now realizing that they've advanced and upgraded the game entirely and thus the room for error is easily slimmer than seasons past. Learning on the fly 🤷🏻‍♂️  I'll linger around I guess and just stash up so I can push as many to platinum as I can.
    T. R. N. ~ Cleanupcrew 
  • ThumbstersThumbsters Registered Users, Member 267 Posts
    Ctrl+Alt+Delete
    Here I thought forums were for help and support of some sort. F*ck me, right? Lol. 🤦🏻‍♂️🤷🏻‍♂️ I'll be sure to kill myself, no worries. Smh
    T. R. N. ~ Cleanupcrew 
  • whynotwhynot Registered Users, Member 1,749 Posts
    Here I thought forums were for help and support of some sort. F*ck me, right? Lol. 🤦🏻‍♂️🤷🏻‍♂️ I'll be sure to kill myself, no worries. Smh

Where did this come from?
    I'm confused by what you mean by 5.7 and 5.8.  You mean the round and level? 
    - Blueleopard
    Just seemed like I was a bother or a joke lol but it's all good. whynot said:

Where did this come from?
    T. R. N. ~ Cleanupcrew 
  • Tdub71Tdub71 Registered Users, Member 1,876 Posts
    Posting on the forums opens you up to quite a large amount of sass and/or snark.  It's part of our charm...
  • whynotwhynot Registered Users, Member 1,749 Posts
    Tdub71 said:
    Posting on the forums opens you up to quite a large amount of sass and/or snark.  It's part of our charm...
    Yes it does.  I must be real dense though I still can’t see who was snarky towards the op.  That must be why I have such think skin, to dense to understand! 😂😂
    I'm confused by what you mean by 5.7 and 5.8.  You mean the round and level? 
    - Blueleopard
  • xracmanxracman Registered Users, Member 666 Posts
    whynot said:
    Tdub71 said:
    Yes it does.  I must be real dense though I still can’t see who was snarky towards the op.  That must be why I have such think skin, to dense to understand! 😂😂
    Just go gold
    I got you guys lol, it's all good. I didn't mean for that to be taken so heavily. It's really all good. Appreciate the heads up in regards to the game. 
    T. R. N. ~ Cleanupcrew 
  • Tdub71Tdub71 Registered Users, Member 1,876 Posts
    edited May 2020
    You have to take the wit (or attempts at wit) for what they are.  Asking the forums for advice on team building is a lot like being in county jail and asking your cellmate for legal advice.  You get what you pay for...

Edit: Or maybe it's more like going to your local dive bar, and asking the regulars for advice on how to quit drinking...
    Managed to get 3 guys to platinum, everything just became easier lol phew... Thx again for the suggestions, fellas. 
    T. R. N. ~ Cleanupcrew 
  • MattattackMattattack Registered Users 1,971 Posts
    @dkarski87 - agreed. I had a very specific goal to get to diamond on cheap.  Today I plan to buy the VIP Elite subscription, fieldpass and then burn through about 200K gold.  If my math is right, I should be able to cap every bonus player today, my two keeper bats, weekend Scherzer, 4 other bats and then cycle WOH like a madman.  Can't wait!
    You killed it yesterday!   Glad I got a front row seat, hopefully I am not far behind.
    I think its important to point out for those who are thinking about diamond. The initial setup fee if you wanna call it might be little to get rolling but once your team is established it just building on top of what you have.Once you are able to cycle cap players the XP just grows and grows. Yes you have to play alot of tourneys and bgs and for most YES fieldpass is a must because of the autoplay feature. But once you get there its not that bad and really does make the game more fun. Most people dont find themselves box chasing every event because you simply cant level 2 or 3 new players every event reasonably. So you have to be more selective of you want to level compared to lower tiers where you can cap every player you want.
    – The Great Houmy
  • 2020KC2020KC Registered Users, Member 711 Posts
    where you been smalls?
    you can't spell deteriorate without detroit
    My big, bold diamond move yesterday was just like the move Squintz put on Wendy Peffercorn - "I've been planning it for years", or in my case, one year ;o)  As of Friday morning I had a mediocre gold team, but by the end of day today I'll have a pretty solid diamond team and all of my keepers capped.  I cycle capped yesterday's reward without much difficulty - D10 Posey went 8-1 against Corbin.  I've spent about 180K on the Opposites Attract Box II - yes, all on Box II - while the actual players in the box suck and didn't interest me, the XP value of that box is insane.  The key player is Steven Duggar, a 4.5 star dude with a 19% pull rate.  I've pulled him 107 times (so far) at 11,886 XP per pull.  Cycling Fan Rewards 18 times also has huge value.  My advice - if you're trying to go diamond without spending a lot of money, don't spend 10K gold here and there, instead save it all up and spend it all on the best XP box you can find, you won't regret it.      
  • retirepujolsretirepujols Registered Users, Member 4,856 Posts
    My big, bold diamond move yesterday was just like the move Squintz put on Wendy Peffercorn - "I've been planning it for years", or in my case, one year ;o)  As of Friday morning I had a mediocre gold team, but by the end of day today I'll have a pretty solid diamond team and all of my keepers capped.  I cycle capped yesterday's reward without much difficulty - D10 Posey went 8-1 against Corbin.  I've spent about 180K on the Opposites Attract Box II - yes, all on Box II - while the actual players in the box suck and didn't interest me, the XP value of that box is insane.  The key player is Steven Duggar, a 4.5 star dude with a 19% pull rate.  I've pulled him 107 times (so far) at 11,886 XP per pull.  Cycling Fan Rewards 18 times also has huge value.  My advice - if you're trying to go diamond without spending a lot of money, don't spend 10K gold here and there, instead save it all up and spend it all on the best XP box you can find, you won't regret it.      
    I love it! I'm just curious why you planned this for a Monday and not a weekend with the opportunity to use a discount club?
    "It's amazing how much work you can put in without gangly-ass legs in the way" - Sir Tdub71
  • RookieTapperRookieTapper Registered Users, Member 160 Posts
    edited May 2020
    Pulled Lester and Moose. Was super excited because I finally would be able to put up some serious points for my club.... Moose is doing great. Lester is getting skull drug to a tune of about 8 runs a game. *ho hum* 
  • RookieTapperRookieTapper Registered Users, Member 160 Posts
    edited May 2020
    Pulled Lester and Moose. Was super excited because I finally would be able to put up some serious points for my club.... Moose is doing great. Lester is getting skull drug to a tune of about 8 runs a game. *ho hum* 
    And yes, I did check my wifi. It’s good. 
    @retirepujols - according to my math, the Monday Box II's have the best XP value of any box during the week.  Plus the Monday Fan Rewards are significantly better than the weekend ones from an XP perspective.  I got 99 free boxes by cycling FR 19 times and coming back to the 2,500 plateau again.  Between Monday/Tuesday and including plat CvC rewards, I opened a total of 688 boxes.  I capped all my keepers last night and have a cool 900K XP left over to play with.  I'll probably just sit on it and cycle fewer times on Monday/Wednesdays - easily the most fun two days I've ever had in this game ;o)