5/4 WOH

2Next

Comments

• babyjbootsbabyjboots Registered Users, Member 465 Posts
    It's a good day to save everything.  The boxes aren't very appealing.
  • drsmartassphddrsmartassphd Registered Users, Member 3,133 Posts
    Well I got Posey in the last round of gifts so I capped him and put his skills at 8/6. Took out Corbin.

Pleasant surprise and reasonable game play prior as I said earlier.

Looking forward to Royale

Yes, we are aware of the game having crashing issues in the middle of WoH, but we can't compensate you for the gold you lost at this time. This is done on a case by case basis. - TSB Customer Service

• retirepujolsretirepujols Registered Users, Member 4,856 Posts
    @MoenPDC isn't feeling it today, so I'll do it for him. 

Cycle caaaaapppp.

"It's amazing how much work you can put in without gangly-ass legs in the way" - Sir Tdub71
  • dkarski87dkarski87 Registered Users, Member 3,040 Posts
    I think @DFBB went diamond over the weekend and cycle capped as well. Guess no more bad jokes from you fellas about him staying bronze.
    "Oops we need to restart! Yeap that's 2019 for ya!"
    – The Great Houmy
  • RippersRippers Registered Users, Member 332 Posts
    Took 7 tries and extra innings but finally got it done.
  • dustyhunksdustyhunks Registered Users, Member 1,672 Posts
    @MoenPDC isn't feeling it today, so I'll do it for him. 

Cycle caaaaapppp.

Imagine the beeef if you were into battles:

Not all from today obv. but more a protest of how I would rather spend my time than playing 20. 
  • JTANDMEJTANDME Registered Users, Member 767 Posts
    This is my image of the day recently. Funny that I can play the entire round, this most recent was on 5.9, in the same spot without an issue.

• SheetFreakSheetFreak Registered Users, Member 89 Posts
    really gotta thankglu FOR REMOVING A SKILL FROM TEH WOH REWARD
    Royale is a higher difficulty and 6 tiers, so the reward is better.
    I'd disagree with this actually. It's math.
    Yes, the Royale has higher difficulty and 6 tiers. HOWEVER, you also get 60 hours in order to beat it. Yes, people cycle them all the time. However in a "perfect" world the idea is its difficult to get through and the reward is that player. On a weekend Royale specifically, you are getting just short of 3 full days to beat 6 tiers. That is a TON of time to grind it out.
    On mondays WOH, you get 12 hours to do 5 tiers. Less than 25% of the time to do roughly 85% of the same task. Those numbers just don't add up. ESEPCIALLY when you see a significantly worse off reward for completing it. You're asked to do almost the same task in less than a quarter of the time.

Hell, the Monday WOH reward should arguably be the best player available, short of a wednesday royale WOH player.
    edited May 2020
    Yes, the Royale has higher difficulty and 6 tiers. HOWEVER, you also get 60 hours in order to beat it. Yes, people cycle them all the time. However in a "perfect" world the idea is its difficult to get through and the reward is that player. On a weekend Royale specifically, you are getting just short of 3 full days to beat 6 tiers. That is a TON of time to grind it out.
    On mondays WOH, you get 12 hours to do 5 tiers. Less than 25% of the time to do roughly 85% of the same task. Those numbers just don't add up. ESEPCIALLY when you see a significantly worse off reward for completing it. You're asked to do almost the same task in less than a quarter of the time.

Hell, the Monday WOH reward should arguably be the best player available, short of a wednesday royale WOH player.
    What about Wednesday royale? It's still 6 tiers and it's a low point earner during royale where anyone racking up points and killing brackets are playing bonus/prime games
    "It's amazing how much work you can put in without gangly-ass legs in the way" - Sir Tdub71
  • SheetFreakSheetFreak Registered Users, Member 89 Posts

What about Wednesday royale? It's still 6 tiers and it's a low point earner during royale where anyone racking up points and killing brackets are playing bonus/prime games
    Then you're getting in to "What is the point of the game?" is it to build a strong team or is it for you to help your club get points and win?
    The creators of the game make a game with one intent, then the people who play it tend to alter that depending on game dynamics.
    I for one like to believe the intent of the game is still to collect players and build a strong team. To go after favourite players, discover new players, etc.
    Based on that belief, any mode that specifically rewards you with a player should be very high quality.
    I personally would actually like to see something closer to the not foil edition of the best player during a given event be the reward for completing WOH, and the foil edition be the smallest odds in the boxes, as opposed to the best players being available ONLY through boxes.

Make the rewards and achievements more important than the gambling of games of chance to buy the best players.

Obviously this takes away from the money making aspect of mobile gaming, I'm not naive. 
    There is no real perfect answer. However, I still stand by my statement about the weekend Royale being easier than Monday. The rewards should be commensurate. Wednesday, you can argue should be better than monday due to the extra tier and short timeframe and the lower point total. Put something there to draw in more playing of WOH than just buying boxes and tapping sim on bonus games.
    At least give us the appearance of a video game and not a slot machine like the videos we watch to earn gold.
    Then you're getting in to "What is the point of the game?" is it to build a strong team or is it for you to help your club get points and win?
    The creators of the game make a game with one intent, then the people who play it tend to alter that depending on game dynamics.
    I for one like to believe the intent of the game is still to collect players and build a strong team. To go after favourite players, discover new players, etc.
    Based on that belief, any mode that specifically rewards you with a player should be very high quality.
    I personally would actually like to see something closer to the not foil edition of the best player during a given event be the reward for completing WOH, and the foil edition be the smallest odds in the boxes, as opposed to the best players being available ONLY through boxes.

Make the rewards and achievements more important than the gambling of games of chance to buy the best players.

Obviously this takes away from the money making aspect of mobile gaming, I'm not naive. 
    There is no real perfect answer. However, I still stand by my statement about the weekend Royale being easier than Monday. The rewards should be commensurate. Wednesday, you can argue should be better than monday due to the extra tier and short timeframe and the lower point total. Put something there to draw in more playing of WOH than just buying boxes and tapping sim on bonus games.
    At least give us the appearance of a video game and not a slot machine like the videos we watch to earn gold.
    Sorry, I wasn't very clear. You agreed that royale woh is more difficult and at 6 tiers to boot compared to mondays woh, but have 3 days to play it during weekend royale which makes it basically "easier." Royale isn't a weekend only event, and royale woh on wednesdays doesn't become shorter or easier. So on Wednesday royale you have the same 12 hour window to cycle a better player at an increased difficulty and it takes 6 tiers to accomplish. You also have to make the conscious effort to build your team over helping your club (some people have a problem with that, I say cycle walk off as much as you want) compete in the event. These are the reasons I originally said it's more difficult and thus brings in a better reward. I'm hoping that will change
  • dustyhunksdustyhunks Registered Users, Member 1,672 Posts
    edited May 2020

They've switched the reward and value of Monday and Wednesday (or Royale day(s)) since 19 simply because with Royale you have options in the game modes to play that both generate club points AND benefit your team simply by playing games. Monday was all about capping the player and farming/accruing resources. With the better player in Royale in 20 diamond teams are handcuffed while reducing asset accumulation; do I cycle cap or do I grind that d6 cycle for gold and hopefully win the event? In 19 Royale prior to Weekend Royale being a thing it was a no-brainer mainly because best player offered was only a prime while we were cycle capping legends on Monday all damn day. Maybe this changes down the road as it's only bxp players now but the motives are clear. You have to make a choice (platinum teams+) though regardless, you're not going to have a relatively 'free ride' (lol) any more and farm resources.

The short and long of it is, Glu doesn't give a shit about low tiered teams. They never have. Plat and diamond teams this year are being pushed even further down the line of spending to have what they grew accustomed to in 18 & 19 unless you want to be a super-grinder and dedicate a significant part of your day to the game. And even with the complaints about what it really takes to win consistently (again, like in 18 & 19) sounds like that might not be enough. We are all Sisyphus.
  • BigBibbins333BigBibbins333 Registered Users, Member 243 Posts
    edited May 2020
    This thread needs a cliffnotes version