Fan rewards and walk off hero

bdogfootball7bdogfootball7 Registered Users, Member 25 Posts
First of all I hate the setup they have now. A 15% chance to get a player that won't even make my team after spending 10,000 or guranteed him if u spend 40k. It's not even worth it. I thought we used to get good players in walk off hero too. A lot of effort again for a guy that doesn't make ur team. The player gets u extra club points for a day or 2. This game used to be way more fun when u were able to assemble a good team and still put up points. Apparently we have to spend hundreds of dollars to be competitive. It's getting a little frustrating because the game itself is fun and great concept but if these other people are actually spending all this money then Glu must absolutely be raking it in. Just a small vent...

Comments

• MetsicansMetsicans Registered Users, Member 1,046 Posts
    Every year it trends more in the direction of being a game for the whales who spend a lot of money.  That's Glu's right, it is a business.  But it's also a drag for those of us who played the game for years when it was more affordable to do so. 
  • JTANDMEJTANDME Registered Users, Member 767 Posts
    My take on this is simply club points are really hard to come by with free to play or minimal expenditures. The fan reward change to a box is a joke to me but I am one that rarely gets up to that tier of spending, even when it was a guaranteed player, so I don't feel qualified to say that either. As has been said by many, the ability to get club points from the boxes on the cheap takes Vegas type luck. Some are ok with that and others are not. 

I personally am in the camp that WOH, especially Monday, is not worth the effort so I will build my team other ways. It's really comical to me that I can beat royale with under 1k gold spent (if I use a gold retry on Greinke) but cannot get past Corbin on Monday's. If my hitter is good enough to beat him at level 10 on Royale he should stomp him at level 1. 
  • Cooz19Cooz19 Registered Users 1,256 Posts
    JTANDME said:
    I personally am in the camp that WOH, especially Monday, is not worth the effort so I will build my team other ways. It's really comical to me that I can beat royale with under 1k gold spent (if I use a gold retry on Greinke) but cannot get past Corbin on Monday's. If my hitter is good enough to beat him at level 10 on Royale he should stomp him at level 1. 
    My time of huge effort invested into WOH and Royale WOH is over for sure. At this point in the game, there is no logical reason to blow gold and a huge amount of time in it unless you can beat it probably 3+ times. The juice isn't even close to worth the squeeze. 

Part of me hopes that's part of an overall direction shift of the game to stop making it "TSB: WOH" and make it into the full, multi-dimensional experience it could be. Last year was all WOH and CVC because that's how you got players and resources. If they thin those down, which they have, and spread out the availability of those resources into the other events, which they have not, I'd be ok. As it is today, the reward for woh is, ironically, not even close to good enough to make an impact in winning WOH, the reward in Slugfest is likely the least valuable power-hitter you have and there are no player rewards for anything else. 

I like to think the rewards are going to ramp up as the game continues. We shall see. 
  • retirepujolsretirepujols Registered Users, Member 4,855 Posts
    edited May 2020
    Cooz19 said:
     and there are no player rewards for anything else. 

Royale tournament boxes. I have a feeling that's going to be big this year, and I wish I had tried to box cap mondesi yesterday instead of cycle capping Lowe tbh.
    "It's amazing how much work you can put in without gangly-ass legs in the way" - Sir Tdub71
  • bdogfootball7bdogfootball7 Registered Users, Member 25 Posts
    I just wish the players u received could be good for the whole week... Otherwise u have to put all ur gold into the boxes everyday and if u don't get one of the stud players then ur basically of no help to your club. I understand that it's a pure cash grab for them to make u go after 3 sets of players each week but it's difficult to play and enjoy the game and much as one would like.
  • dkarski87dkarski87 Registered Users, Member 3,040 Posts
    I never look at the players in WOH really, I dont care who or what the skills are but I always cycle cap them for 2 simple reasons. Cash and Xp, and well other crap you get in woh too. For diamond guys if you take the player p7 and do 4-5 cycles you already made back your initial investment. Also making balls in the process. Anything after is all profit in my eyes even if I dont finish him. Its not really about the reward in woh its about the resources you gain from cycle capping. You only get 1 or 2 days a week to do this so diamond teams have to capitalize on it. In lower tiers you done need to because the cost of leveling is so cheap.
    "Oops we need to restart! Yeap that's 2019 for ya!"
    – The Great Houmy
  • bdogfootball7bdogfootball7 Registered Users, Member 25 Posts
    I just went platinum so I'm not exactly sure what cycle capping is...
    dkarski87 said:
    I never look at the players in WOH really, I dont care who or what the skills are but I always cycle cap them for 2 simple reasons. Cash and Xp, and well other crap you get in woh too. For diamond guys if you take the player p7 and do 4-5 cycles you already made back your initial investment. Also making balls in the process. Anything after is all profit in my eyes even if I dont finish him. Its not really about the reward in woh its about the resources you gain from cycle capping. You only get 1 or 2 days a week to do this so diamond teams have to capitalize on it. In lower tiers you done need to because the cost of leveling is so cheap.
    One hundred million percent. Plus, you have a bonus player capped (or wherever you left off in diamond) for the next day 🤷‍♂️ is Brandon lowe with a 2 out skill amazing? Not at all, but as a new diamond team he's better than the p10 guy he replaced and I'm getting a couple points with him yesterday and today - plus I used the gained xp (also from the picks earned cycling) to cap Lester and take mondesi d8 (hoping to box cap) while STILL having more bxp than I started with yesterday.. 
    "It's amazing how much work you can put in without gangly-ass legs in the way" - Sir Tdub71
    Beat woh, take player to a certain level (let's say g5) and beat (cycle) woh enough times to cap him (in this case 15 more times to p10) so you earn duplicate bxp the whole way through. Instead of losing all of that bxp to cap the player, you get a capped player and earn loads of bxp.
  • SonicTitanSonicTitan Registered Users, Member 6 Posts
    Beat woh, take player to a certain level (let's say g5) and beat (cycle) woh enough times to cap him (in this case 15 more times to p10) so you earn duplicate bxp the whole way through. Instead of losing all of that bxp to cap the player, you get a capped player and earn loads of bxp.
    Just went platinum too bc I was getting killed in gold BGs. I assume cycling 15 times or so is normal, haha I’ve only cycled like 3 times on a given day.  What kind of “loads of bxp”, 10-100k xp? (Clearly it depends on how much u cycle).  I also assume u auto through rd 7 and play the last three?  (I ask without really scouring the forums)
  • SandlotGuruSandlotGuru Registered Users, Member 285 Posts
    @SonicTitan - cycling 15 times is not for the faint of heart.  Generally for a top team, it may take anywhere from 25-40 minutes per cycle, so its a significant time dedication.  As an example - yesterday I didn't have 8 hours of free time, so I beat WOH once and leveled Lowe to D5, then beat it 5 more times to "cap" him at D10 - maybe spent 3 hours total.  In my opinion, the idea of duplicate player pulls is the more important resource gathering concept in this game.  By beating WOH six times, I earned myself a shiny new D10 player, I spent about 119K BXP to level him to D5 (with the 30% field pass discount), then earned back about 84K on the repulls, so a net XP outflow of about 35K XP (before skills).  I also in theory "saved" an additional 136K XP by capping because I didn't have to pay for the really expensive D6-D10 levels.  However, if a madman were to cycle 15 times in one day, leveling to P6 would cost 43K XP (with field pass) and you'd earn roughly 210K XP on repulls up through D10, so a net inflow of maybe 167K.  The more times you cycle, the more XP you make.  For me I always first consider how much available time I have and how many cycles I can get in, then go from there.  Huge caveat here - this math is specific to capping at diamond, so plat would look quite different.  As a general rule of thumb for plat players, if you cycle cap starting from P5 (so 6 cycles, without fieldpass or paying for skills), you'll roughly breakeven on a BXP player.            
    What @SandlotGuru said 🙃 15 cycles may have been a poor example.. I know guys that surpass that, but I'm brain dead after such an event. Any number of cycles to cap is at least saving xp. Even if you cycle once for the player, take them to p9 and cycle once more - you didnt spend the xp for p10 and earned back enough xp to replenish what you spent on p9 and perhaps p8 as well
  • bobdylan_fanbobdylan_fan Registered Users, Member 303 Posts
    SHHHHH.....The more you guys brag about how much xp you are accumulating thru multi-cycling/capping - the more likely it is that GLU is gonna figure out a way to take it away from ya. 
    edited May 2020
    @SandlotGuru @retirepujols Awesome thanks. So when royal is on the weekend, if you just did WoH you could be line to bank a lot of resources, if you weren't too worried about club points.  I know theres the chart for how much bxp, pxp, lxp is need to level up players but Is there a chart/page/formula to predict what kind of xp is expected on a repull based on a particular player and how leveled up they are?
    edited May 2020
    @SandlotGuru @retirepujols Awesome thanks. So when royal is on the weekend, if you just did WoH you could be line to bank a lot of resources, if you weren't too worried about club points.  I know theres the chart for how much bxp, pxp, lxp is need to level up players but Is there a chart/page/formula to predict what kind of xp is expected on a repull based on a particular player and how leveled up they are?
    Yes, weekend woh can be a great earner! I dont know of any such charts, but if you make one that would be awesome 😁
  • SandlotGuruSandlotGuru Registered Users, Member 285 Posts
    Gents - the chart below was updated as of Monday and reflects the repull/trade-in value of players at each star rating and level.  Depending upon the base rating of your players, the numbers will vary a bit, but this should be directionally correct.  This paints a pretty clear picture of why cycling is so much more beneficial to plat and diamond teams.

Gents - the chart below was updated as of Monday and reflects the repull/trade-in value of players at each star rating and level.  Depending upon the base rating of your players, the numbers will vary a bit, but this should be directionally correct.  This paints a pretty clear picture of why cycling is so much more beneficial to plat and diamond teams.

Any time I think a chart would involve too much work, I'll just ask guru 😎 the XP amount increases a wee bit with higher max overalls, so it only gets better from this amazing chart 
    @SandlotGuru Thanks man! That is awesome