Weekend boxes.

Tdub71Tdub71 Registered Users, Member 1,876 Posts
3 things:

1) Mike Trout Day!  Yay!  (gratuitous, but yay, anyway)

2) Any thoughts on when/where the Momma's Boys will pop up?

3) Is it just me, or do these box odds feel even more bonkers than usual?

Comments

• retirepujolsretirepujols Registered Users, Member 4,856 Posts
    I'm scarred from chasing Trout in last years all star boxes, so any time theres a Trout I don't buy boxes 🤷‍♂️
    "It's amazing how much work you can put in without gangly-ass legs in the way" - Sir Tdub71
  • FrankTheTank04FrankTheTank04 Registered Users, Member 1,092 Posts
    I'm scarred from chasing Trout in last years all star boxes, so any time theres a Trout I don't buy boxes 🤷‍♂️
    I remember when you did that   :D   Good times.
    Just no.  
  • Tdub71Tdub71 Registered Users, Member 1,876 Posts
    edited May 2020
    @retirepujols but he is so shiny, and new.  How can you resist?  Did you develop an iron will overnight?😂

Edit: And besides you have such great odds...  C'mon, all the cool kids are doing it.
  • cle2118cle2118 Registered Users, Member 6 Posts
    I've gotten Kyle Seager 8 times so that's great...NOT
  • xracmanxracman Registered Users, Member 666 Posts
    Momma's Boys are in a 99 cent box in Specials.

I got my fill of box frickery from good ole kdogs:

https://youtu.be/kJtQbHPprPA
    "It's amazing how much work you can put in without gangly-ass legs in the way" - Sir Tdub71
  • snowy24snowy24 Registered Users, Member 304 Posts
    Poor Kdogs. 😢 I pulled the foil Nola out of a free box, but don’t care for the event. 
  • BearmeatBearmeat Registered Users, Member 576 Posts
    Fishful Thinking. You gotta chase Trout. You know you will eventually this weekend. Might as well start out of the gate strong. 🎣 
    My Lord, that 13 minutes was painful to watch... Kdogs is a trooper though.

My only issue with that there aren't any flames coming from that dumpster in the opening shot.  
    Bearmeat said:
    Fishful Thinking. You gotta chase Trout. You know you will eventually this weekend. Might as well start out of the gate strong. 🎣 

• FrankTheTank04FrankTheTank04 Registered Users, Member 1,092 Posts
    So glad I don't have that kind of addiction to this game.  He even gave them $10, that was nice of him.  He'll open up 200 more boxes later on.
    Just no.  
  • babyjbootsbabyjboots Registered Users, Member 465 Posts
    I'd like them to go back to the generic pictures for anything less than a 5 star.  I get excited only to learn that my new flashy player sucks sh*t.
  • inoculuminoculum Registered Users, Member 101 Posts
    not to worry! there will be 7,000 other virtual mike trouts this year by august!  by then glu will have bled the rock dry.  no paying customers will be left as covid 19 will have done the rest of crippling the economy post glu's asinine valuation model.
    Question: I have never had a useful WOH player with the "close" skill.  Does it stay active with a tied score, or is it only up/down 3 or less?
    Tdub71 said:
    Question: I have never had a useful WOH player with the "close" skill.  Does it stay active with a tied score, or is it only up/down 3 or less?
    It stays on when tied. Most of my best guys have the close skill and they're doing just fine so far 👍🏻
    Good to know.  I guess Wolters is worth leveling, then.  Thanks.