Belli Box Idea Is A Winner!

CleanupcrewCleanupcrew Registered Users, Member 123 Posts
Hoping Glu sees this box's success and continues to use this as a method for special editions moving forward.

It's a great format, better odds, and another way to take the sting out of blowing tons of gold on boxes and pulling Kurt Suzuki 4 times 😂

In all seriousness though, great box idea! 
T. R. N. ~ Cleanupcrew 
Prev13

Comments

• brettr11brettr11 Registered Users, Member 2 Posts
    Totally agree, this was a very pleasant surprise today. Hope it continues!
  • BRCBRC Registered Users, Member 15 Posts
    It was great I got him on the second pull ! 
  • CleanupcrewCleanupcrew Registered Users, Member 123 Posts
    BRC said:
    It was great I got him on the second pull ! 
    Same brother, definitely made me happy lol got Flaherty also 
    T. R. N. ~ Cleanupcrew 
    About to place Belli in my team's top 4 lol one of my favs
    T. R. N. ~ Cleanupcrew 
  • retirepujolsretirepujols Registered Users, Member 4,855 Posts
    edited May 2020

I would like to say that this box is a loser. Yes, it's nice to have a player box for cash rather than gold, but increasing the cost and significantly decreasing the amount of boxes we can purchase shouldn't have been the next step. The biggest reason the Bellinger box was a hit is players felt like they were winning way more than usual. Pulling Mcneil once or twice and not saving any xp is not winning. I, for one, hope this experiment fails and the next attempt is similar/identical to the highly popular Bellinger boxes 🤷🏻‍♂️ not buying any of these boxes, as well as the other two boxes; and definitely not buying any of the players 🤣 thankful for double gold, I'll be saving for a brighter day. 
    "It's amazing how much work you can put in without gangly-ass legs in the way" - Sir Tdub71
  • baseball2020baseball2020 Registered Users, Member 511 Posts
    10 percent chance and I get him on the 15th pull! Lol 😂 
    #manmylucksucks
  • FrankTheTank04FrankTheTank04 Registered Users, Member 1,092 Posts
    edited May 2020
    I'll stick with my regular 5-star Jeff McNeil with 0 skills.  I love saving gold, glu.

And blue cash.
    Just no.  

I would like to say that this box is a loser. Yes, it's nice to have a player box for cash rather than gold, but increasing the cost and significantly decreasing the amount of boxes we can purchase shouldn't have been the next step. The biggest reason the Bellinger box was a hit is players felt like they were winning way more than usual. Pulling Mcneil once or twice and not saving any xp is not winning. I, for one, hope this experiment fails and the next attempt is similar/identical to the highly popular Bellinger boxes 🤷🏻‍♂️ not buying any of these boxes, as well as the other two boxes; and definitely not buying any of the players 🤣 thankful for double gold, I'll be saving for a brighter day. 
    You knew they'd find a way to ruin it, bro 🤷🏻‍♂️🤦🏻‍♂️
    T. R. N. ~ Cleanupcrew 
  • BearmeatBearmeat Registered Users, Member 576 Posts

I’m not sure who’s idea it was to screw this one up, but they did it fashionably well. At least make the likely prizes in that box somewhat appealing. I’m sure I represent the vast majority in saying this, but- We don’t need or want franchise coins and energy drinks!  Fuq outta here with that trash
  • SheetFreakSheetFreak Registered Users, Member 89 Posts
    edited May 2020
    Honestly, had they just left it at a nice even 50k, I'd be cool with it. 
    But cutting the amount of boxes you can buy by more than half AND upping the price of the box? 
    How much more hardcore commercial gouging can you do?
    Not to mention Belli had 2 awesome skills, especially for WOH. The late innings and runners on is a nice set of skills. But leadoff and vs rhp. vs RHP is nice, but the leadoff, ugh.

I, mean, I'm still gonna buy a couple of the boxes. But come on GLU.

I will say though, for the sake of GLU trying. It's nice to see another player available from cash boxes and not gold boxes. I honestly didn't think I'd see it again for a while after the Belli box. It's not as good as before, however, it's still something. They just didn't have to be dicks about raising the price AND lowering the times you can buy it.
    edited May 2020
    Glu Employee 1- “WOW!!! Our customers loved the Belli box last week. Everyone spent tons of their resources acquiring him!”
    Glu Employee 2- “Ok, I understand your concern, no worries, let’s serve them up a bag o dicks and see if they bite”
  • RippersRippers Registered Users, Member 332 Posts
    Got him on the 4th box ! 
  • mythicaldragonmythicaldragon Registered Users, Member 2,418 Posts
    They know how to 🤬 up a good thing. Very disappointing. I purchased 0 😕
  • iratepirateiratepirate Registered Users, Member 306 Posts
    edited May 2020
    I'll stick with my regular 5-star Jeff McNeil with 0 skills.  I love saving gold, glu.

And blue cash.

Is that the version where he's a 2nd baseman?
    Keepers: Ruth/Posada/Paige. ML is SS (RHP/RHP) - I went Platinum June 17
  • dustyhunksdustyhunks Registered Users, Member 1,672 Posts
    I got him on first box but really, how the hell do they not know that both the Bellinger box and this one are so drastically in favor of one side? You have to admit, that Bellinger box was too good for what it cost. But this couldn't have been further from that unless there was no player in it at all. Who the hell makes decisions like this?
  • Tdub71Tdub71 Registered Users, Member 1,876 Posts
    I decided to buy a couple for shits/gigs.  Set a personal limit of 2 boxes.  I got him on box 2. 

Thought he might be useful for CVC later this weekend, and just in case I decide to play a few prime games.  That part doesn't look too promising, though.  Looks like a TB/CVC/video grind weekend.
  • FrankTheTank04FrankTheTank04 Registered Users, Member 1,092 Posts

And blue cash.

Is that the version where he's a 2nd baseman?
    Correct.  Don't need him for OF, I have plenty of those.
    Just no.  
    I got him on first box but really, how the hell do they not know that both the Bellinger box and this one are so drastically in favor of one side? You have to admit, that Bellinger box was too good for what it cost. But this couldn't have been further from that unless there was no player in it at all. Who the hell makes decisions like this?
    Whoever it is needs to be removed from their office lol, it's like business 101 not to ruin a good thing that's going to keep your consumers consistently returning and feeling satisfied. 
    T. R. N. ~ Cleanupcrew 
  • TheFullMonteTheFullMonte Registered Users, Member 1,589 Posts
    How?  Just freaking HOW does GLU ALWAYS manage to screw things up like this by being just a little too greedy?

are they that hard up?  Are things THAT bad that they are willing to burn just a little goodwill each and every time?

it just makes no sense to me
    How?  Just freaking HOW does GLU ALWAYS manage to screw things up like this by being just a little too greedy?

are they that hard up?  Are things THAT bad that they are willing to burn just a little goodwill each and every time?

it just makes no sense to me
    I just went off on them, bro. Can't take it anymore tbh. Posted it in the suggestions or on the main board. I'm done with the nonsense. 
    T. R. N. ~ Cleanupcrew 
    You'd think they'd cater to their consumers thoughts and suggestions, but that would be silly to think. 🤷🏻‍♂️
    T. R. N. ~ Cleanupcrew 
    You'd think they'd cater to their consumers thoughts and suggestions, but that would be silly to think. 🤷🏻‍♂️
    I can assure you, they don’t care about that. What makes this situation worse is that it directly affected the casual player. Best thing to do on a weekend like this is double gold and get yourself a manscape care package and call it a day. I hear the mints are decadent
    Bearmeat said:
    I can assure you, they don’t care about that. What makes this situation worse is that it directly affected the casual player. Best thing to do on a weekend like this is double gold and get yourself a manscape care package and call it a day. I hear the mints are decadent
    Exactly where I'm heading lol 💪🏽
    T. R. N. ~ Cleanupcrew 
  • retirepujolsretirepujols Registered Users, Member 4,855 Posts

"It's amazing how much work you can put in without gangly-ass legs in the way" - Sir Tdub71
  • mythicaldragonmythicaldragon Registered Users, Member 2,418 Posts

And...that’s what it’s all about for them $. We see all the tweaks and changes throughout the years woh, cooldown whatever it may be it’s all geared for profit. The belli box is just a small sample that represents the constant change within this game. $$$$$$$$$$$
    Profits to public shares are misleading. Don’t be fooled.  This literally means nothing to any of you
  • ToughthundercatsToughthundercats Registered Users, Member 1,959 Posts
    I agree with each and everyone of you guys on here. Even so I'm still happy that they still offered a player box for cash. I got him on the second try spent $130,000 in blue cash. That is still better than spending half my gold trying to get a player and ending up with nothing but 4* and 4.5* players. It could be worse they didn't have to offer one or they could've set the odds at 1 out a thousand and made us spend all our blue cash for energy drinks and franchise coins. It's all relative.
  • ShoveItUpYoenis2ShoveItUpYoenis2 Registered Users, Member 952 Posts
    Not sure if it was mentioned somewhere in the thread but not only did they increase the cost from 50K to 65K and decreased the limit from 40 to 15 boxes but they also decreased the odds from 15% to 10%. With the box guarantee set to 15 it’s possible you could only pull him once after spending 975,000 blue cash which is harder to come by in 2020, which is probably the only reason they are offering the box so people buy the specials that include blue cash. 

#ScrewYouGlu
  • drsmartassphddrsmartassphd Registered Users, Member 3,133 Posts
    First quarter was also the ending of 2019, which was actually fun.
    Q2 will reflect 2020 as well as the COVID impact, if any.
    Watching videos on yahoo and I just don’t get how folks can just drop hundreds of dollars a weekend. It’s truly an addiction for many 

Yes, we are aware of the game having crashing issues in the middle of WoH, but we can't compensate you for the gold you lost at this time. This is done on a case by case basis. - TSB Customer Service

• dkarski87dkarski87 Registered Users, Member 3,040 Posts
    I mean whats the difference between someone spending 100 a week versus someone watching 5hrs a day of videos for 2500gold. Say that 100$ gets your 10k worth of gold. Thats 20hrs of videos you are watching versus someone who just wants to buy it. An addiction yes, but you watching 5hrs of videos a day isnt? lol
    "Oops we need to restart! Yeap that's 2019 for ya!"
    – The Great Houmy