Belli Box Idea Is A Winner!

Comments

• TBWepaTBWepa Registered Users, Member 276 Posts
    I’d like to say this is my last weekend. Been screwed too many times by these shitheads, last 2 weekends I’m 0/150+ on the high roller boxes and can’t count how many on the small roller boxes. Over 50k gold wasted and almost a $100. Maybe I’ll be on another time when things change, if they change, but the roll they are on is unbearable. Piece out TSB forums. 
  • ToughthundercatsToughthundercats Registered Users, Member 1,959 Posts
    dkarski87 said:
    I mean whats the difference between someone spending 100 a week versus someone watching 5hrs a day of videos for 2500gold. Say that 100$ gets your 10k worth of gold. Thats 20hrs of videos you are watching versus someone who just wants to buy it. An addiction yes, but you watching 5hrs of videos a day isnt? lol
    Difference is a 100 dollars in my wallet and not in Glu's greedy miser wallet. Most times I have nothing better to do at work then to watch videos to get me through my day. Multitasking. It costs me nothing.
  • dkarski87dkarski87 Registered Users, Member 3,040 Posts
    Your missing the point. If people rather spend 100$ then 20hrs of watching videos then that's on them. Your still paying GLU by watching those videos. When people say hey I dont spend, but I watch videos non stop. Your still paying GLU by watching hours and hours of ads. Doesn't matter if your watching them and taking a shit on the toilet, your still doing it.
    "Oops we need to restart! Yeap that's 2019 for ya!"
    – The Great Houmy
    dkarski87 said:
    Your missing the point. If people rather spend 100$ then 20hrs of watching videos then that's on them. Your still paying GLU by watching those videos. When people say hey I dont spend, but I watch videos non stop. Your still paying GLU by watching hours and hours of ads. Doesn't matter if your watching them and taking a shit on the toilet, your still doing it.
    I get what you are saying dude. I'd much rather sit on the toilet and watch videos than flush $100 dollars down the toilet. That's just my opinion. I'm agreement if someone has the disposable income to flush 100 dollar bill after 100 dollar bill to get that shiney mvp ring by their handle just to say look what I have on my mobile game more power to them but that's not for me. I'd like to spend money and have something to show for it🤷‍♂️
  • drsmartassphddrsmartassphd Registered Users, Member 3,133 Posts
    dkarski87 said:
    I mean whats the difference between someone spending 100 a week versus someone watching 5hrs a day of videos for 2500gold. Say that 100$ gets your 10k worth of gold. Thats 20hrs of videos you are watching versus someone who just wants to buy it. An addiction yes, but you watching 5hrs of videos a day isnt? lol
    Don’t disagree at all as I sit on 178K in gold today, but again, it is very easy for me to mindlessly download ads all day due to my job. If I couldn’t, I wouldn’t play, simple as that. 

I also couldn’t live diamond life either, which requires a weekly field pass purchase so you don’t have to tap bonus games tens of thousands of times as opposed to thousands of times with it. Also another option instead of ads...

Yes, we are aware of the game having crashing issues in the middle of WoH, but we can't compensate you for the gold you lost at this time. This is done on a case by case basis. - TSB Customer Service

• eman0023eman0023 Registered Users, Member 156 Posts
    The question is how much money on average does Glu make from an ad being watched. Nobody here knows obviously but I would guess it’s a rather low amount like fractions of a penny per ad otherwise why limit the “free gold” one can obtain.
    lol if you watched almost 200k gold worth of videos. I dont care how boring or low key your job is, thats still a shit load of hours you sit there watching ads. Compared to playings games on the app. Same concept just a diff way of approaching it. You say you cant sit there tapping thousands of games, your sitting there tapping thousands of ads. lmao.
    – The Great Houmy
    dkarski87 said:
    lol if you watched almost 200k gold worth of videos. I dont care how boring or low key your job is, thats still a shit load of hours you sit there watching ads. Compared to playings games on the app. Same concept just a diff way of approaching it. You say you cant sit there tapping thousands of games, your sitting there tapping thousands of ads. lmao.
    Quite honestly I only have time enough to tap out 500 gold a day. I have only accrued 40,000 gold since the start. I know that's paltry compared to most but 178,000 gold blows my mind. That is a lot of time on @drsmartassphd's hands. @dkarski87 I see your point completely now. Gosh... between work.... keeping up with my employees, inventory, and contracts coming in, doing continuous outreach projects with my church and spending time with my family, I can't even imagine having that much time to commit to a mobile game. 
  • drsmartassphddrsmartassphd Registered Users, Member 3,133 Posts
    edited May 2020
    Tapping bonus games and tapping ads are two different things completely. My job involves a TON of work in a system all day that is constantly loading, updating, etc. I also work from home so I miss NOTHING with my family, ever.

I went gold last week and did the bonus game thing to get to gold 6 (cusp of Plat). That took all day and was way more consuming for me than clicking ads I don’t have to pay attention to.

not to mention I have maybe spent 5-6K in gold this year too. I didn’t spend anything the first four weeks the game was out. Between moving up levels, getting Pick Ems right, and buying that 1K gold for $2 a few times, my patience will pay off.

Yes, we are aware of the game having crashing issues in the middle of WoH, but we can't compensate you for the gold you lost at this time. This is done on a case by case basis. - TSB Customer Service

It’s not overall difficult or taxing to watch videos and multitask. Rarely am I sitting and strictly just looking at my phone for more than a few minutes watching ads. Three clicks every 15-30 seconds over a 4-5 hour period isn’t that bad really. Im working, cooking, cleaning up, etc etc etc.

If you compare the actual time a Diamond player, it’s not all that different.  I was diamond for 6 months last year, I was trying to get through as many BG/TG as possible as quickly as possible. Without FP, that’s like 13-14 clicks in ~10 seconds. A lot harder to do other things and hammer out games. Obviously with FP it’s significantly quicker and you get more rewards. In either case, Diamond players get a significantly greater return and deservedly so (Gold, Evo, bonus points, donations, etc.)

Both ways have pros/cons. I prefer the less tapping method personally as it’s easier to multitask. I totally get those who prefer the Diamond way
    lol how are they different? Are the clicks different on an ad versus the autoplay button in the game. A click is a click, its not a complicated outcome lol. Count the number of clicks you have to do to watch a AD versus the amount of clicks to play a BG. I bet you its within a 2click diff. Its not like you are manually playing BGS, you autoplay them. Doesn't require much focus.
    – The Great Houmy
    Got some people spending thousands of dollars and some thousands of hours. None of which are for me. More power to you fellows. I hope your all's strategies payoff for you all in the end. 
  • BearmeatBearmeat Registered Users, Member 576 Posts
    This is all very crazy.  A click is a click. Both do not require your brain to engage. At least with BGs, it’s the same sequence every single time. 
    lol there is no right or wrong way to play this curse of a game. And yea for all the big spenders, they addicts getting there fix. Its no different here.To each their own.
    – The Great Houmy
    edited May 2020
    With vids you can walk away for ~30 seconds and get the reward still. With BG it’s a constant (if you want it to be) and you can’t walk away and get your reward still I guess is my point.
  • mythicaldragonmythicaldragon Registered Users, Member 2,418 Posts
    edited May 2020
    The age old argument...  videos vs BG’s. For me its videos because I can multitask while playing videos and it’s a lot less labor intensive. I think it’s 16 clicks for one BG it just requires more focus clicking in and out of screens. 4 or 5 clicks for one video and I can do it in and out of my pocket at work or on my desk while staying in the same screen etc..  Yes... you could do the same with BG’s but it’s just so much more focus and clicking required. 
     Money is time I get that.... but while I’m getting paid at work I watch videos and get “free” gold 17.5k a week. I have nothing else to do 🤷🏻‍♂️ So am I getting paid to watch videos?? 🤔 
    In the end what’s good for me isn’t always good for someone else.... so it’s not even a argument. 
    @mythicaldragon love the picture by your handle. No better place for her... Imo... anyways
  • dustyhunksdustyhunks Registered Users, Member 1,672 Posts
    edited May 2020
    It's 14 taps for a bg. And nothing is free.

@dkarski87 isn't wrong. Money is money and theoretically you can always make more. You do not however get that time back. Also consider the profile you build for yourself watching videos over and over, who gets that data based on whatever shitty ToS Glu has stashed away somewhere no one ever reads and who that advertising info is resold to with your device fingerprint, email, name (if you're dumb), location data, etc. There's a reason why that shit is obfuscated in industry-speak, abstract as hell and hard to recognize or understand where everyone very easily understands a debit against your bank account.
  • Itsouttahere2Itsouttahere2 Registered Users, Member 697 Posts
    I got him on first box but really, how the hell do they not know that both the Bellinger box and this one are so drastically in favor of one side? You have to admit, that Bellinger box was too good for what it cost. But this couldn't have been further from that unless there was no player in it at all. Who the hell makes decisions like this?
    Some arrogant money hungry a..hole that probably knows sh.t about baseball!
  • Itsouttahere2Itsouttahere2 Registered Users, Member 697 Posts
    @mythicaldragon love the picture by your handle. No better place for her... Imo... anyways
    Had to make it political 🤦🏻‍♂️
  • JCAM80JCAM80 Registered Users, Member 606 Posts
    At Diamond it's Bonus Games because not only do you get the Gold at the end of the journey, you get small amounts of it along the way, cash, & draft picks to trade in for XP. The upside for videos is the immediate payout, you see that gold adding to your total every 30-40 seconds. 
    edited May 2020
    Had to make it political 🤦🏻‍♂️
    Sorry, didn't mean to but had to be that guy🤷‍♂️

Had to move on.
    It's 14 taps for a bg. And nothing is free.

@dkarski87 isn't wrong. Money is money and theoretically you can always make more. You do not however get that time back. Also consider the profile you build for yourself watching videos over and over, who gets that data based on whatever shitty ToS Glu has stashed away somewhere no one ever reads and who that advertising info is resold to with your device fingerprint, email, name (if you're dumb), location data, etc. There's a reason why that shit is obfuscated in industry-speak, abstract as hell and hard to recognize or understand where everyone very easily understands a debit against your bank account.
    Nope im pretty sure it’s 16... I went back and counted a few times here what i got. 
    Click 1. Start game 
    2. Play. (Match up or BG screen) 
    3. Done.  (Select Ace pitcher option screen)
    4. Play without boost screen option 
    5. Auto play 
    6. Auto play 
    7. Auto play 
    8. Auto play 
    9. Auto play 
    10. Auto play 
    11. Auto play 
    12. Auto play 
    13. Auto play 
    14. Ok 
    15. Ok
    16. Ok 
    I may not get that time back but it’s already time I have nothing else to do with at work so it’s no skin off my nose. It’s really nothing to argue or debate which is better lol what is good for you is good for you brother. We all have different situations that bg’s or videos work better for. 👍🏻 
  • BearmeatBearmeat Registered Users, Member 576 Posts
    I tried out of curiosity. I’m getting it done in 15 clicks
    Bearmeat said:
    I think I figured it out. If you select start game at the bottom of the screen it’s 16 clicks if you select “start a bonus game” it’s 15.
    edited May 2020
    clicks 5 to 13 count as 1... lol.  And yes this is where the bitch part comes in. FP is a must for diamond for this very reason alone. I once tried to go a weekend without playing tourneys and after about 15min i said %*@$! it. Had to buy it. So yea if you dont want to commit to say that 15$ a week for FP then its a bitch. You dont need it but as you can see thats alot of less clicks .

8 clicks i guess with FP. How many for videos? Not much different if you count the times you have to reset your AD ID to get them working. lol
    – The Great Houmy
    And not too point out @mythicaldragon here because I actually really respect you bud. But your like what AS18? So obviously you dont mind spending, but I get your view on the time aspect of it. Maybe you should try it out this year tho. Last year you did the whole silver things, try something different.
    – The Great Houmy
    dkarski87 said:
    clicks 5 to 13 count as 1... lol.  

Ooooooh 👌 😉  

To each their own..👍🏻  It’s a circular argument 
  • dustyhunksdustyhunks Registered Users, Member 1,672 Posts
    edited May 2020
    Bearmeat said:
    I think I figured it out. If you select start game at the bottom of the screen it’s 16 clicks if you select “start a bonus game” it’s 15.

14 in 19, which is what I based it on. 🤷‍♂️ Not surprised if there’s extra in 20.

Edit: 1. Start game. <---- lol not counting that. Being in the game is presumed already
    dkarski87 said:
    And not too point out @mythicaldragon here because I actually really respect you bud. But your like what AS18? So obviously you dont mind spending, but I get your view on the time aspect of it. Maybe you should try it out this year tho. Last year you did the whole silver things, try something different.
    Yes and thanks buddy same here 👊🏻 I’ve considered a few times and even came close in 19. I picked @Bigpredfan brain a few times in pm’s about diamond prepping for my jump to gold and beyond but just could never pull the trigger. I’ve tried to imagine myself grinding games at work vs videos. Field pass would be a must!  I respect you diamond guys and that grind 😳 I just don’t know if it’s feasible for me. Honestly it’s kinda one of those “stick with what you know” situations for me. I just love the game my team and I’d hate to jump and regret it have to start over etc lol Idk we see how this year plays out 🤷🏻‍♂️