It Is Possible...

CleanupcrewCleanupcrew Registered Users, Member 123 Posts
So I made it to P3 with only 5 platinum guys, none of which are maxed/capped...

I saw some guys wondering if it was possible to get it done and the short answer is, yes it is. H

However, I don't want to fool you, it was not easy. Took me about 5 tries in the playoffs to finally win it, all the games of which I had to play out manually ... Because you simply will not win trying to autoplay it out.

Hope this helps and or inspires some of you to spend less and try to power through.

(Yes, vets, I know I will have to level those guys asap... Honestly hoping we start seeing Primes soon to potentially get rid of what I don't want and stash XP and everything else I have for the big guns and continue moving up.)

T. R. N. ~ Cleanupcrew 

Comments

• dkarski87dkarski87 Registered Users, Member 3,040 Posts
    If you cant even level your BXP guys. Good luck trying to level primes bud.
    "Oops we need to restart! Yeap that's 2019 for ya!"
    – The Great Houmy
  • CleanupcrewCleanupcrew Registered Users, Member 123 Posts
    It wasn't that I couldn't, brother lol, I didn't want to yet as I was trying to stack up all I could. You guys are too quick to judgements and assumptions sometimes. Sheesh. Thought we were all allowed to approach the game in different ways within our own reasoning? 🤷🏻‍♂️🤦🏻‍♂️ Thx though lol
    T. R. N. ~ Cleanupcrew 
  • xracmanxracman Registered Users, Member 666 Posts
    edited May 2020
    Dude, it's certainly possible.
    I took my F2P team to Diamond 3 in TSB19 and I was 512/800 into going to D4 when I jumped to TSB20.  I only 3 Diamond players, a 390 hitter, a 380 SP and a 370 SP.   I only had 3 P10 players on my roster too.   All my players were from free boxes and gold grinding,  My winning % went from over .900 in Gold to .875 when I stopped, so  ('d guess it was around .600 through Platinum and Diamond in BGs, Prime and Tournaments.  Season mode was tough, though, never won anymore, so that's a big loss in terms of Pennants, XP and EVO.

I'll be doing the same this year since I won the gold playoffs by mistake (thought I was playing with my VIP team, brain fade) and went to Platinum way early and with very little in my asset cofers.  Currently have only updated my 330 and above players to P1, plus my keeper SP, and am working on getting single players to P10.  Winning plenty of BGs and Prime games, losing in Tournament Finals and big struggle in Season Mode.

I invested in the stadium this year, so I'm not technically "F2P" anymore, but that's all I'm spending on this team.  Going to be tough to be a grind to improve though.
  • ToughthundercatsToughthundercats Registered Users, Member 1,959 Posts
    It wasn't that I couldn't, brother lol, I didn't want to yet as I was trying to stack up all I could. You guys are too quick to judgements and assumptions sometimes. Sheesh. Thought we were all allowed to approach the game in different ways within our own reasoning? 🤷🏻‍♂️🤦🏻‍♂️ Thx though lol
    He's just being honest. Can't fault @dkarski87 for that🤷‍♂️
    stack up what? you cant level your current roster. Most people dont move up tiers till they have the resources for the next level. To each their own, but not your way. Dont tell people to move up and then they will struggle without having a capped team.
    – The Great Houmy
  • whynotwhynot Registered Users, Member 1,749 Posts
    edited May 2020
    The cold harsh reality Is it cost about 4x the pxp to level a guy as it does bxp so your going to have to be very selective.  Good Luck!
    I'm confused by what you mean by 5.7 and 5.8.  You mean the round and level? 
    - Blueleopard
    Im just telling you how it is. In 19 you could go diamond and have D1 pitchers and still win games. Not the case this year. And if you value WOH, gluck cycling without a capped roster or atleast a few good bats for the end levels.
    – The Great Houmy
    dkarski87 said:
    Im just telling you how it is. In 19 you could go diamond and have D1 pitchers and still win games. Not the case this year. And if you value WOH, gluck cycling without a capped roster or atleast a few good bats for the end levels.
    Truth here, 2019 teams had wp% way above 90%, now they're in the 70% range.  I have to cap a couple 330 players just to compete in Platinum, not sure how I'll be able to cap multiple primes coming from where I'm at now.
    I kicked my self in the @$$ when I realized i had eff'd up this F2P team.
  • redlegs2018uredlegs2018u Registered Users, Member 1,048 Posts
    I’ve always just kinda winged it when I moved up levels, though I always no matter how far behind I was had a plan on what I was trying to do.  In ‘19 I went from gold to diamond in 5 days, it would have been 3 but I ran out of BGs at D4.  Things have been tightened up this season I’d want to have 4 capped bats and at least one SP capped to give myself a chance in tourneys against opponents that on paper would be much better otherwise.  More players seem to have gone plat/diamond as the algorithm to be pushed up seems to be more aggressive.  I will eventually get to diamond as I prefer BGs to videos but taking it slower to account for the tougher competition vs prior years.
  • Tdub71Tdub71 Registered Users, Member 1,876 Posts
    I’ve always just kinda winged it when I moved up levels, though I always no matter how far behind I was had a plan on what I was trying to do.  In ‘19 I went from gold to diamond in 5 days, it would have been 3 but I ran out of BGs at D4.  Things have been tightened up this season I’d want to have 4 capped bats and at least one SP capped to give myself a chance in tourneys against opponents that on paper would be much better otherwise.  More players seem to have gone plat/diamond as the algorithm to be pushed up seems to be more aggressive.  I will eventually get to diamond as I prefer BGs to videos but taking it slower to account for the tougher competition vs prior years.
    I did almost the same thing in '19, and am on a very similar track for '20.  Happy in gold for now, but it's only a matter of time before I hit that magic win total, and have to move up.
  • BearmeatBearmeat Registered Users, Member 576 Posts
    So I made it to P3 with only 5 platinum guys, none of which are maxed/capped...

I saw some guys wondering if it was possible to get it done and the short answer is, yes it is. H

However, I don't want to fool you, it was not easy. Took me about 5 tries in the playoffs to finally win it, all the games of which I had to play out manually ... Because you simply will not win trying to autoplay it out.

Hope this helps and or inspires some of you to spend less and try to power through.

(Yes, vets, I know I will have to level those guys asap... Honestly hoping we start seeing Primes soon to potentially get rid of what I don't want and stash XP and everything else I have for the big guns and continue moving up.)

Honestly, I really don’t think this is good advice. Plowing through platinum with an ill prepared team is a recipe for disaster once primes launch. Playing in platinum and diamond isn’t about struggling to get through. Yes, everyone can play how they want, but this just isn’t good in the long run. Once primes are released, you’ll be getting turned over by gold teams that can carry a stronger roster, and as you keep chugging along and getting more wins, you’ll start facing lower tiered diamond teams. 
    I will say that when I moved up to platinum I was surprised that I win as many games as I do.  Except for Season Mode, win% doesn’t seem any different than in gold.

But I agree, bad strategy to move up so fast. When primes come out, this team is toast.
    edited May 2020
    xracman said:
    I will say that when I moved up to platinum I was surprised that I win as many games as I do.  Except for Season Mode, win% doesn’t seem any different than in gold.

But I agree, bad strategy to move up so fast. When primes come out, this team is toast.
    This is directly related to your games played and less so because of which tier you are. It’s been this way for last 2 years. Season mode is based on which tier you are. It seems like a lot of people don’t understand this at all
    Just some random things I’d like to point out here as well;

1- If you’re in platinum, and don’t have your pitchers up to p10 and your batting roster averaging 8/10 in platinum, you shouldn’t really expect to win season playoffs. 
    2- Your team upgrades matter more than you think. Don’t jump into another division until you do this. 
    3- Don’t go platinum unless you are either A) a big spender, or B) you have 6-8 hours a day allocated to bonus games (on top of daily events) in which you’ll be using towards cycling the D6. 
    4- Play to your tier. Stay on top of the curve, or get left behind with a useless 100k TS diamond team come October. 

Sorry for the rant....but it’s painful to watch 
  • rmouse511rmouse511 Registered Users, Member 185 Posts
    I just made it to the playoffs of platinum tier 6 with this awesome pitching lineup. Stats aren’t as bad as I thought they would be. I leveled Cole from bronze 1 to platinum 8 (he was on my bench) right before I started playing through the last 3 tiers of platinum. Might need to improve my pitchers before I go to diamond.