Options

Silver to Gold??

Sdmf3076Sdmf3076 Registered Users, Member 9 Posts
How much blue cash and xp do you think is necessary for making the jump up to gold? I already have about 225k in xp and I'm building my cash now. 

Comments

• Options
    AirAssaultAirAssault Registered Users, Member 103 Posts
    I'm in the same situation as you, about to make the jump.  Everything you need to know as far as resources you'll need is in the "all things charts and helpful tidbit!" forum.  There's a lot of great info there.
  • Options
    KCTribeKCTribe Registered Users, Member 262 Posts
    I just made the jump to gold on Monday with about 450K XP and 5M cash. I was happy with where it got me. It takes 25,100 xp to take regular players from silver to gold, and 75,300 xp for keepers. I took my best 7 batters, 3 best starting pitchers, and my closer to gold (all 3 keepers included). It’s 125,500 xp for My Legend which is absurd so I left him behind. 

As far as cash goes I was able to max the 4 hitting upgrades which was all I was really worried about. It’s 1,075,000 cash to take each upgrade from 40 to 60. 

You could probably get away with less than what I did, as I’m having few issues with bonus games, prime games, and WOH... for now. Only a matter of time until Glu will flip a switch on me and push me to go platinum. Who you decide to take to gold should be players with skills you like, and who you imagine being on your roster for at least a few more weeks. I for sure wouldn’t take non-specialty players with no skills. Besides that the rest is up to you. Good luck!

Oh, be sure to use the charts in the thread at the top of this page title “helpful information,” or something along those lines. @DFBB put that together and it was a tremendous help to me. All those figures I referenced are thanks to his charts.
  • Options
    KCTibe, did you finally feel "forced" to make the jump to gold due to not being able to win bonus and prime games? I'm curious because I've heard a lot of people talk about that in the forums and now I feel like I'm there.  My team strength is 70k+ (at silver) and now all of a sudden I can't win a bonus game to save my life, even against teams that are sub 50k TS.  
  • Options
    @AirAssault that is exactly the reason I made the jump. If I had it my way I would’ve stayed silver for another month. I had a 75K silver team and was losing half my prime games and probably 8 out of 10 bonus games. From the sounds of it around here the same thing eventually happens in gold 🙄
  • Options
    This is my 3rd year playing TSB and I’ve never gone past gold. If I’m forced to go platinum then I doubt I’ll be playing this game much longer. My spending days are over, and for all the time commitment it takes to compete at platinum you may as well go diamond to cycle for D6 rewards. Gold is always where I’ve had my fun in this game. If Glu is gonna push me to go higher, then no thanks.
  • Options
    fatDaddyfatDaddy Registered Users, Member 318 Posts
    I'm facing Diamond teams in BG as an 88k Silver team. It's not fun and I don't like not being able to contribute to club events. I wanted to wait for Gold until primes came out, but this is going to happen all over again anyway. what's the point? 
  • Options
    RippersRippers Registered Users, Member 332 Posts
    I've been at Gold level for awhile now with a TS of 96000. I went Diamond last June and it was fun but very time consuming. I'm going to try and stay Gold this year. A couple weeks ago I  started seeing primarily Platinum and Diamond teams in BGs. So I  tried blocking each one I faced thinking they use the same teams over and over. Found out quickly today I was only going to see loaded Platinum and Diamond teams  even though blocked. So now I won't play BG events or Prime events. So it makes staying Gold that much easier and I spend a lot less time playing this addictive game. I  still beat WOH but don't spend all day cycle capping to get the obscene resources needed to level to D10. And it only gets worse when Prime and Legend players come out. Everyone enjoys the game differently but I  think I've found my niche.

• Options
    @fatDaddy This is my first year playing TSB, can you explain the advantage of waiting until primes come out to go gold?