Well done Glu!

BearmeatBearmeat Registered Users, Member 576 Posts
Looks like Glu has found a way to unblock players for BGs.  The full push for players to jump tiers is in full effect now. It was bad enough with tourneys, but now they’ve gone ahead and applied it to bonus games. This aught to be interesting 🤔 
Prev1

Comments

• xracmanxracman Registered Users, Member 666 Posts
    What does “unblock players for BGs”?
  • RippersRippers Registered Users, Member 332 Posts
    I found that out today. So I'm done playing BGs. Just WOH,CVC, and Target Bash for me. Saves me a lot of time and money !!!
    xracman said:
    Found my answer

• BearmeatBearmeat Registered Users, Member 576 Posts
    xracman said:
    Typically, if you were getting matched against better teams, you’d just block them, and then you wouldn’t have to play them again. Glu went ahead and fixed this “problem”
  • TheFullMonteTheFullMonte Registered Users, Member 1,589 Posts
    edited May 2020
    There is absolutely ZERO reason to do this outside of forcing players to jump tiers

this may be perhaps the most blatantly “F You” move from Glu I’ve seen.  

“Spend or quit” is an interesting business decision.  I’m not sure that’s going to turn out the way they want.
    There is absolutely ZERO reason to do this outside of forcing players to jump tiers

this may be perhaps the most blatantly “F You” move from Glu I’ve seen.  

“Spend or quit” is an interesting business decision.  I’m not sure that’s going to turn out the way they want.
    Right!?!  Why not address the laundry list of broken things in this game first.
  • TXAG17TXAG17 Registered Users, Member 20 Posts
    I love barely being into platinum and facing diamond teams and even people ranked in the top 200
  • RookieTapperRookieTapper Registered Users, Member 160 Posts
    Eh no difference to me. I get matched against “easier” teams and still can’t win. Dropped a good bit of gold chasing Pujols (one of my favorite players in his prime). I consistently get matched up against teams with team strength 15,000-20,000 less than me and yet I still lose 4 out of 5 games. Oh and Pujols, who I have capped and skills at 8/8, is hitting about .250. So the top guy in the box, the one that Glu wants us to chase, who also has a good hit/power rating, can hit only slightly north of .250 when capped? I know Glu wants me to move to the next tier but geez... lol
    Eh no difference to me. I get matched against “easier” teams and still can’t win. Dropped a good bit of gold chasing Pujols (one of my favorite players in his prime). I consistently get matched up against teams with team strength 15,000-20,000 less than me and yet I still lose 4 out of 5 games. Oh and Pujols, who I have capped and skills at 8/8, is hitting about .250. So the top guy in the box, the one that Glu wants us to chase, who also has a good hit/power rating, can hit only slightly north of .250 when capped? I know Glu wants me to move to the next tier but geez... lol
    Yes 100% this has been the trend lately.  ML is capped at gold with 2 skills always active hits .475 with 300 overall strength. Yet a 330 overall can barely make contact.   Whatever they’re doing, it’s pissing people off. I’m not a big spender, but I do spend weekly. They need to fix this matchup algorithm up big time 
  • TheFullMonteTheFullMonte Registered Users, Member 1,589 Posts
    GLU has managed to monetize nearly every facet of this game imaginable.  Every slight advantage a player could gain without having to spend actual cash has been stamped out.

So while they’re all slapping themselves on the back over at HQ over their big Q1....their forums, Twitter, global, and Reddit subs are filled with pissed off users and loyal players quitting the game after years of playing and thousands upon thousands of dollars invested.

Again, it’s all a very poor business strategy in my humble opinion. 
  • DFBBDFBB Registered Users, Moderators, Member, Moderator 6,602 Posts
    Just an FYI: this was implemented in the most recent update for '19. 
    If you're not having fun, you're losing.
  • Itsouttahere2Itsouttahere2 Registered Users, Member 697 Posts
    DFBB said:
    so what you’re saying is that this happened in the last update of the 2019 version? If in fact this is true I never even noticed as it did not affect my game play whatsoever. I’m curious to know your opinion on all of this @DFBB. Do you agree, disagree, with the opinions shared on this thread? I know that you’re a moderator and I also know that you’re respected on these forums as is your opinion. 
    DFBB said:
    so what you’re saying is that this happened in the last update of the 2019 version? If in fact this is true I never even noticed as it did not affect my game play whatsoever. I’m curious to know your opinion on all of this @DFBB. Do you agree, disagree, with the opinions shared on this thread? I know that you’re a moderator and I also know that you’re respected on these forums as is your opinion. 
    Objectively speaking, I agree with the decision to remove 'blocking' as a strategy to avoid facing teams in bonus games. However, for many, the rug was basically pulled out from under so I can definitely understand the frustration. On top of that, I would even say that they have every right to be pissed off when you consider the current matchmaking system. Possibly my biggest issue with '19 was that it catered too much to diamond teams. Well, '20 is taking it up a few notches. 

• Itsouttahere2Itsouttahere2 Registered Users, Member 697 Posts
    DFBB said:
    DFBB said:
    Objectively speaking, I agree with the decision to remove 'blocking' as a strategy to avoid facing teams in bonus games. However, for many, the rug was basically pulled out from under so I can definitely understand the frustration. On top of that, I would even say that they have every right to be pissed off when you consider the current matchmaking system. Possibly my biggest issue with '19 was that it catered too much to diamond teams. Well, '20 is taking it up a few notches. 

Thank you @DFBB, I have absolutely no faith that Glu will make any changes to this or any of the many issues this game has, the fact that you not only as a player but as a moderator understand our frustration is refreshing, again thanks for your thoughts. 👍🏼
  • JPro2992JPro2992 Registered Users, Member 52 Posts
    Wow
  • dustyhunksdustyhunks Registered Users, Member 1,672 Posts
    DFBB said:

Yeah I thought it was already the plan in 20? If you recall, when this update happened you were also able to see all those you blocked and could remove from block in case you wanted to send some snark to bumblebee or pillowpants to name a few...
  • navyjack77navyjack77 Registered Users, Member 1,299 Posts
    The issue is not having to play against players you block. The issue is playing teams that have you outmatched by 40-50K TS and have played 10 times as many games as you. If we have to play against teams this much stronger, then it should be evened out by playing teams this much weaker at times, but I haven’t seen that so far. If this is the way Glu wants to make the game be from now on, that is their right, but they should also know the repercussions of making such changes (ie, angering a lot of paying customers). I do not like how it is now, but what are we going to do other than make adjustments to how we play the game? It seems like the only shot you have to keep a >90% winning team and be a big contributor to club points is to go Diamond. If all you want to do is cycle WOH and win CVC, you are welcome to stay in the lower tiers, but you won’t be helping your club near as much. Just my 2 cents or 2 💩s, depending on how you look at it.
  • MetsicansMetsicans Registered Users, Member 1,046 Posts
    The issue is going to be when all the guys who usually camp in gold get forced to platinum and diamond by the matchmaking system this year. Will be interesting to see if guys stick with the game or quit. I know a lot of spenders who usually stay gold. Could cost Glu in the long run if they force these guys out of the game. 
  • BigBibbins333BigBibbins333 Registered Users, Member 243 Posts
    I agree wholeheartedly @navyjack77. The teams that you are matched up against is ridiculous. I just moved up to silver and exactly 17 games in I was facing gold teams of strength 20k plus higher than me with maxed SP studs. I expect that as I stay in a tier for a while...but after 17 games? Here's some fun facts. Over the last month and a half my total daily screen time is up about 150%. In years past TSB would comprise about 60-70% of that time. Now TSB screen time comprises about 7% of my total time, coupled with the fact that I have quarantined my wallet (from TSB only). I'm just tired of it. I'll continue to spend my time and money on another app as long as this matchmaking continues that won't allow me to win any games. When every single aspect of the game has been slanted towards the necessity of paying just to stay marginally competitive for a few days and now the fun aspect is quickly dissipating, what's the point of playing? Truly a sad situation. This used to be the best game out there in my opinion. Oh well, as Tom Petty says..."it's time to move on, it's time to get going." Whew. I feel better now.
  • KCTribeKCTribe Registered Users, Member 262 Posts
    While @whammo911’s post is, uhhhh... harsh... he hit the nail on the head by saying “VIP is a trap to keep you playing.” For every 10 changes that negatively affect their users, they make 1 good change. We sit around and bitch about it, but as long as the VIP gift comes in every month we continue to roll with the punches. And let’s not act like the first two VIP gifts in 2020 haven’t been disappointing. The best change I can think of so far this year was carrying over all star tickets from 2019. But of course there was a catch. All star rewards are SIGNIFICANTLY worse than last year. They just continue to put lipstick on a pig. Not sure what the breaking point is to get us all to stop
    playing this game but Glu enjoys pushing it.
    I agree wholeheartedly @navyjack77. The teams that you are matched up against is ridiculous. I just moved up to silver and exactly 17 games in I was facing gold teams of strength 20k plus higher than me with maxed SP studs. I expect that as I stay in a tier for a while...but after 17 games? Here's some fun facts. Over the last month and a half my total daily screen time is up about 150%. In years past TSB would comprise about 60-70% of that time. Now TSB screen time comprises about 7% of my total time, coupled with the fact that I have quarantined my wallet (from TSB only). I'm just tired of it. I'll continue to spend my time and money on another app as long as this matchmaking continues that won't allow me to win any games. When every single aspect of the game has been slanted towards the necessity of paying just to stay marginally competitive for a few days and now the fun aspect is quickly dissipating, what's the point of playing? Truly a sad situation. This used to be the best game out there in my opinion. Oh well, as Tom Petty says..."it's time to move on, it's time to get going." Whew. I feel better now.
    I just moved to Platinum last Thursday and I’m already facing teams in the top 100 World Rankings. I played five bonus games this morning just to see how it would go and played the same top 75 World Rank guy twice. How is this possible? Lost all 5 by the way. I know I’m not the strongest team out there, but at about 97K TS and 4K games played, I should be getting better results.
  • LudwigMonsterLudwigMonster Registered Users, Member 381 Posts
    My team is Platinum 6 and I've probably won 5 tournaments all season.
    BG's are now equally ridiculous, as I'm facing D6 teams on a frequent basis and losing almost half of my games.
    Like many others, I submitted a ticket to CS to ask what was going on and was basically told to level up my team and spend more on upgrades. Unbelievable. 
  • Tdub71Tdub71 Registered Users, Member 1,876 Posts
    I fully planned to move into platinum in about 2 weeks, then to gold by July 1st.  I had already resigned myself to have to give up true F2P status and buy some fieldpasses along the way. 

With the matchmaking the way it has been, and the ususal weeks-long tease before an ultimately disappointing update, GLU has just ensured that I give them $0.00.
  • Tdub71Tdub71 Registered Users, Member 1,876 Posts
    Correct.  I meant diamond.  I am currently in gold.
    When I was Gold, I was about 77K TS and about 92% winning percentage. Since going Platinum last week, I have 6 hitters at P10 and 3 at P9 with a TS of 97K, but my winning percentage overall has dropped to 88%. I am now losing more than half my games. I don’t know what the difference is, but I’m not gonna worry about BGs and tourneys until I am ready to make the move to Diamond, and that won’t be until XP is much more abundant in the game.
    When does this matchup mis-match happen?  I worked through Bronze and Silver with a wp around .725.  Once I went Gold, I started breezing through levels.  I'm G6, 80K TS, Win % up to .825 with 3000+ games played, won 80% of BGs yesterday. 
    xracman said:
    When does this matchup mis-match happen?  I worked through Bronze and Silver with a wp around .725.  Once I went Gold, I started breezing through levels.  I'm G6, 80K TS, Win % up to .825 with 3000+ games played, won 80% of BGs yesterday. 
    Usually, around just under the 3100 win mark is when I noticed that things began to jump. 
  • ThumbstersThumbsters Registered Users, Member 267 Posts
    My question is this:
    For those of you that find irregularities and inconsistencies in the matchups and outcomes of Bonus Games, do you Autoplay like a madman during Prime Event and through Season Mode? Or did you at some point in this particular 2020 version of TSB?

For those of you that do NOT Autoplay Prime Events and Season Mode like crazy, do you find your Bonus Game win rate to be better?

Personally, I have cut down on the amount of Prime Events I play by a lot. A lot, a lot. 
    I focus on one streak during the week. Maybe two streaks on the weekend, that’s it. I find the less I tap during the Prime Events—they used to be easy wins and bonus points for the club—the more success I have playing Bonus Games.

This is MY experience. I am curious as to what input others might have.

My question is this:
    For those of you that find irregularities and inconsistencies in the matchups and outcomes of Bonus Games, do you Autoplay like a madman during Prime Event and through Season Mode? Or did you at some point in this particular 2020 version of TSB?

For those of you that do NOT Autoplay Prime Events and Season Mode like crazy, do you find your Bonus Game win rate to be better?

Personally, I have cut down on the amount of Prime Events I play by a lot. A lot, a lot. 
    I focus on one streak during the week. Maybe two streaks on the weekend, that’s it. I find the less I tap during the Prime Events—they used to be easy wins and bonus points for the club—the more success I have playing Bonus Games.

I rarely played prime games and I stopped season mode after completing 3 seasons so that my 'wins' would stay relatively low. The barometer, afaik, has always been wins and this year appears to be no different. 
  • dustyhunksdustyhunks Registered Users, Member 1,672 Posts
    DFBB said:
    My question is this:

I rarely played prime games and I stopped season mode after completing 3 seasons so that my 'wins' would stay relatively low. The barometer, afaik, has always been wins and this year appears to be no different. 

...though significantly lower than last year. Bronze was around 900 wins, silver 16-1800 wins I believe. Don't recall gold as I slowed to save for jump to diamond by then.
This discussion has been closed.