Well done Glu!

2Next

Comments

• BigBibbins333BigBibbins333 Registered Users, Member 243 Posts
    I'm the same as @DFBB. I rarely play prime games. I played thru season mode twice and haven't touched it in weeks. My record is around 600-280 or so. I don't bother with tourneys either.
  • ThumbstersThumbsters Registered Users, Member 267 Posts
    @DFBB @BigBibbins333 you have stated that you don’t mess with too many Prime and Season games. 
    Is is safe to say that you experience more favorable match ups and outcomes with Bonus Games (and perhaps Tournaments) than some others have expressed on this post and many other posts?

• BigBibbins333BigBibbins333 Registered Users, Member 243 Posts
    I did okay yesterday on bonus games early on. Again, I just moved to silver (team all capped, upgrades maxed, pennants pretty solid) I won my first 17 games straight. Then the gold teams appeared. I played probably 50 more bonus games and won about half.
  • drsmartassphddrsmartassphd Registered Users, Member 3,133 Posts
    This and the resource squeeze prevented me from going plat. Glad I didn’t try

Yes, we are aware of the game having crashing issues in the middle of WoH, but we can't compensate you for the gold you lost at this time. This is done on a case by case basis. - TSB Customer Service

• KCTribeKCTribe Registered Users, Member 262 Posts
    DFBB said:
    My question is this:
    For those of you that find irregularities and inconsistencies in the matchups and outcomes of Bonus Games, do you Autoplay like a madman during Prime Event and through Season Mode? Or did you at some point in this particular 2020 version of TSB?

For those of you that do NOT Autoplay Prime Events and Season Mode like crazy, do you find your Bonus Game win rate to be better?

Personally, I have cut down on the amount of Prime Events I play by a lot. A lot, a lot. 
    I focus on one streak during the week. Maybe two streaks on the weekend, that’s it. I find the less I tap during the Prime Events—they used to be easy wins and bonus points for the club—the more success I have playing Bonus Games.

This is MY experience. I am curious as to what input others might have.

I rarely played prime games and I stopped season mode after completing 3 seasons so that my 'wins' would stay relatively low. The barometer, afaik, has always been wins and this year appears to be no different. 

...though significantly lower than last year. Bronze was around 900 wins, silver 16-1800 wins I believe. Don't recall gold as I slowed to save for jump to diamond by then.
    I ended 2019 with about 30K games played at gold and never had an issue winning games. Probably won 95% of BGs.
  • SynisterSynister Registered Users, Member 11 Posts
    Seems kind of counter-intuitive, but shouldn't Glu be encouraging players to play their game and spend as much time in their game as possible (for ad revenue, etc)?  From all the comments in this thread, I see people stating that they don't play prime events, don't play season mode, don't play tournaments, etc.because of artificial game mechanics Glu has implemented.  Seems like a horrible way to handicap your game and make players not want to play your game and discourage social play through clubs and events?  I guess this is more proof that in business (especially mobile game developers), the cream does *not* rise to the top....
  • mythicaldragonmythicaldragon Registered Users, Member 2,418 Posts
    Synister said:
    Seems kind of counter-intuitive, but shouldn't Glu be encouraging players to play their game and spend as much time in their game as possible (for ad revenue, etc)?  From all the comments in this thread, I see people stating that they don't play prime events, don't play season mode, don't play tournaments, etc.because of artificial game mechanics Glu has implemented.  Seems like a horrible way to handicap your game and make players not want to play your game and discourage social play through clubs and events?  I guess this is more proof that in business (especially mobile game developers), the cream does *not* rise to the top....

• DantemavericksDantemavericks Registered Users, Member 92 Posts

I’m just sitting here waiting for the other shoe to drop. Thus far, since going Plat,  my match ups have been good for BGs and Tourny Games, and I am winning 90% +. Currently Plat 4, with 3,510 wins, TS 84,500. Makes me think TS actually has an affect as well as wins (i.e. having a lower TS might help).

Never fight a man with a perm
  • dustyhunksdustyhunks Registered Users, Member 1,672 Posts
    KCTribe said:

...though significantly lower than last year. Bronze was around 900 wins, silver 16-1800 wins I believe. Don't recall gold as I slowed to save for jump to diamond by then.
    I ended 2019 with about 30K games played at gold and never had an issue winning games. Probably won 95% of BGs.

I'm talking about the beginning of the year. There are countless threads in 19 forum from the start about bg, prime and seasonal games until around August. I believe even for diamond teams in seasonals it wasn't until the July PoTM boxes that they had pitching that could handle playoffs without to much sandbagging of lineups.

Spread over long enough as player maxes increased and the teams in the pools you faced in various tiers either stagnated (quit) or were not as good at keeping up with the curve (gold, plat, diamond teams with players leveled to barely their tier and often below) it was easier to have success if your team was at or ahead of the curve versus 95% of that pool, higher at diamond for sure. Also keep in mind a fully capped gold team of 600 max players is not better than a plat team all at p5 with those same 600 max players with the same leveling of skills. It's not relative. Doesn't seem to be any different this year with the exception being it happened sooner in terms of wins in 20 compared to 19. I would suspect at the end of the year your same gold team in 20 though not maybe winning 95% of games would win considerably more at 5 or 10k games played than it would win now in the early months of 20.
  • navyjack77navyjack77 Registered Users, Member 1,299 Posts
    @dustyhunks I respect your thoughts on the game as you have been helpful to many on the forums over the years. I agree with you to a certain extent. The difference we are seeing is playing teams that are so much higher level as often as we do. I have faced so many teams ranked in the top 150 World Rankings over the past week. These teams are often 40-60K higher TS and 10X as many games played. I have seen CS tell others that matchups are based on games played, not TS or tier level. None of it adds up. 
  • dustyhunksdustyhunks Registered Users, Member 1,672 Posts

I'm only silver and really haven't played much at all until this last week having moved up from bronze this past weekend. BTW, I started facing silver teams at 66 wins in bronze. But I get what you're saying and I don't think it's just 20 that saw this behaviour. I seem to remember some threads in 19 from people that were facing teams far beyond where they were. It seems this year it's been turned up to 11 however in both when it happens and how many are affected. My post was mainly about comparing games at the beginning of the year to what it was like in a previous version at the end of the year. There just isn't any comparison at least in 19. I feel it will be close to the same at the end of 20 otherwise Glu will have no one playing their damn game.
  • KCTribeKCTribe Registered Users, Member 262 Posts

I'm only silver and really haven't played much at all until this last week having moved up from bronze this past weekend. BTW, I started facing silver teams at 66 wins in bronze. But I get what you're saying and I don't think it's just 20 that saw this behaviour. I seem to remember some threads in 19 from people that were facing teams far beyond where they were. It seems this year it's been turned up to 11 however in both when it happens and how many are affected. My post was mainly about comparing games at the beginning of the year to what it was like in a previous version at the end of the year. There just isn't any comparison at least in 19. I feel it will be close to the same at the end of 20 otherwise Glu will have no one playing their damn game.
    Gotcha, thanks for clearing that up. I sure hope your theory is right and things smooth themselves out. If not then Glu is in for a rude awakening.
  • BearmeatBearmeat Registered Users, Member 576 Posts
    I’ve kept my games played to an absolute minimum as a result of their matchup system. I play zero prime games, and zero bonus games...unless I land a set. But this definitely keeps me uninterested in the game, and thus my spending habits. I’ve watched the pretty well all of my contacts make the jump to diamond already. Unfortunately my work only provides me with iOS, otherwise I’d be on that bus too. And I cannot fathom the concept of sitting on my phone spamming BG after BG just to maintain my roster. I’m certain GLU is aware of the autotappers, but understands that they are also the most likely to spend top dollar. I’ve witnessed about 100 failed boycotts from this game from the exact same people- diamond players. There is something to be said about that, and more importantly, it shows that this company knows how to manipulate their addicts
    I’m jealous of that rant.

Yes, we are aware of the game having crashing issues in the middle of WoH, but we can't compensate you for the gold you lost at this time. This is done on a case by case basis. - TSB Customer Service

2020 in a nutshell- Barry, TigerKing, and Whammo’s epic rant. 
  • TheFullMonteTheFullMonte Registered Users, Member 1,589 Posts
    Bearmeat said:
    Please.  We’re all watching The Last Dance bro
    Bearmeat said:
    I’d like to put a plug in for the GOAT CFB starting off the year beating Clemson. Then everything went to $hit.

• whammo911whammo911 Registered Users, Member 963 Posts
    Lol...
  • Grizzly99Grizzly99 Registered Users, Member 249 Posts
    I marvel how people can bitch and complain about frivolous things. Sure the game can be frustrating at times . These forums are meant to help each other answer questions we may have. 
    Grizzly99 said:
    I marvel how people can bitch and complain about frivolous things. Sure the game can be frustrating at times . These forums are meant to help each other answer questions we may have. 
    People have to vent. We all get frustrated with this game at times. 
  • Tdub71Tdub71 Registered Users, Member 1,876 Posts
    edited May 2020
    While @whammo911's rant was... colorful... it is pretty spot-on with how a lot of us feel.  When you have upper-level players refusing to play prime and BGs, just to avoid some manufactured win threshold, it's a huge indicator that something is fundamentally wrong.

The forums are exactly the place to vent about our frustrations, and get insight from others 
This discussion has been closed.