Options

CVC Chacin vs. Freeland?

SynisterSynister Registered Users, Member 11 Posts
Can anyone explain the CVC matchup differences between Chacin and Freeland?  It seems pretty consistent that if I get Chacin for a matchup and autoplay (or even manual play), my score is likely to be garbage.  If I get Freeland as a pitching matchup, my scores are consistently higher.  Is it just random and if you get Chacin, your CVC ticket is pretty much wasted?  

Also, they need to get this game update out stat.  The consistent game crashes are maddening for a supposedly "polished" mobile game.  Between video boosts hard crashing the game or plain just not loading, it's a very frustrating experience (and these are consistent bugs for just for *one* game mode that any tester could experience in 15 minutes of gameplay).

Comments

• Options
    AirAssaultAirAssault Registered Users, Member 103 Posts
    I've noticed the same thing and been curious why there's such a difference.  Manual play vs Freeland is like having a metal bat and with Chacin it feels like i'm swinging with a noodle.
  • Options
    sucios08sucios08 Registered Users, Member 130 Posts
    is your lineup righty vs lefty ..when i know im gonna face freeland i put in all righty and vs chacin i use all lefty 
  • Options
    KCTribeKCTribe Registered Users, Member 262 Posts
    edited May 2020
    I manually play most CVC rounds since I’m trying to save cash for upgrades, and I’ve noticed the exact same thing. I’m glad to see it’s not just me. Something is definitely up.
  • Options
    sucios08 said:
    is your lineup righty vs lefty ..when i know im gonna face freeland i put in all righty and vs chacin i use all lefty 
    I might be missing something, but how do you know in advance if you are going to face Chacin or Freeland?  And if you can't know, is there a way to set entirely different batters in a lineup depending on pitcher?  Under Gameday -> Strategy, I know there is a VSLEFTANDVSRIGHT option for order, but does that allow you to swap players somehow in a lineup?
  • Options
    sucios08sucios08 Registered Users, Member 130 Posts
    for now i know is been chacin ,freeland,chacin ,freeland,chacin ,freeland,etc....
  • Options
    sucios08 said:
    for now i know is been chacin ,freeland,chacin ,freeland,chacin ,freeland,etc....
    Unfortunately, I don't think that is correct.  I've tested it a few times, and it doesn't alternate back and forth automatically nor does it always start with Chacin.  I think the matchup is actually random.  Looks like you're better off just using your best overall CVC lineup and switch-hitters are your friends.
  • Options
    AirAssaultAirAssault Registered Users, Member 103 Posts
    I'm pretty sure this video game version of Chacin has gotten into my head, it's like he's playing mind games with me cause he knows I can't hit sh*t off of him.  He even shakes his head and laughs at me if he strikes me out.