Royale 5/15 WOH

navyjack77navyjack77 Registered Users, Member 1,299 Posts
edited May 2020 in General TSB Discussion
Looks like garbage to me. Guess I’ll just be cycling for the XP then.
Prev1

Comments

• sucios08sucios08 Registered Users, Member 130 Posts
    wow straight garbage lol
  • dustyhunksdustyhunks Registered Users, Member 1,672 Posts
    I would pay 250 gold to go back to round 1 after beating 5.10.
  • EProspectPhilsEProspectPhils Registered Users, Member 112 Posts
    You could just cycle slugfest for more xp and only 5 rds.
  • MetsicansMetsicans Registered Users, Member 1,046 Posts
    He's not that bad -- lefty bat, premium position, first pitch is a good skill this year.  My problem is that he is so similar to that Brandon Lowe who was the last weekend royale reward. And of course 315s and 320s are kind of "over" in terms of usefulness.   
  • MattattackMattattack Registered Users 1,971 Posts
    edited May 2020
     Guess I’ll just be cycling for the XP then.
    I mean this is what WOH has been for over a year now.  2018 days are gone
  • navyjack77navyjack77 Registered Users, Member 1,299 Posts
    edited May 2020
    That’s the lead off skill, not first pitch to go along with bases empty skill....so...garbage.
    You could just cycle slugfest for more xp and only 5 rds.

I will but a 66 b1 power Peraza is beyond unappealing.
    Yes and no. The Austin Meadows Max 315 with one LI skill a month or so ago was more appealing than this. I wasn’t expecting a top of the line player, but these two skills are just awful. At least I don’t have to put any cash into his skills.
  • babyjbootsbabyjboots Registered Users, Member 465 Posts
    If only it was Brock Lesnar instead Holt.
    Yes and no. The Austin Meadows Max 315 with one LI skill a month or so ago was more appealing than this. I wasn’t expecting a top of the line player, but these two skills are just awful. At least I don’t have to put any cash into his skills.
    I guess it depends on what you value.   I dont feel like he was a game changer woh with only one skill and things bumped after that so whatever shelf life he had was gone quickly.   My main point is if you are relying on a woh prize to make and improve your team, you will almost always be disappointed.
  • TheFullMonteTheFullMonte Registered Users, Member 1,589 Posts
    Them being behind the curve isn’t nearly as much of an issue as the complete crap skills are.  Absolutely NOBODY that can actually beat level 6 is going to put THAT guy in their lineup at all.  

It’s complete garbage 

even last year, the reward guy wasn’t a top of the line bat, but they were useful at least
    I guess it depends on what you value.   I dont feel like he was a game changer woh with only one skill and things bumped after that so whatever shelf life he had was gone quickly.   My main point is if you are relying on a woh prize to make and improve your team, you will almost always be disappointed.
    I agree with you there. I have Frazier at 2B, so I don’t need Holt. It’s hard to justify leveling him up in hopes he will score points for the Royale this weekend. His skills do not make him viable for WOH and with the way BGs are going this year, a 320 Max won’t perform well enough to score points either.
  • spotspot Registered Users, Member 135 Posts
    What do you mean by cycle for xp , how do you fo that? Thanks
    spot said:
    What do you mean by cycle for xp , how do you fo that? Thanks
    Going through the towers multiple times gaining the xp rewards each level and the duplicate xp for award prize.
  • cb11cb11 Registered Users, Member 341 Posts
    This is almost a guarantee that bumps are coming soon. Especially due to Didi. Pence ain't bad either 
  • slafrance2slafrance2 Registered Users, Member 1,370 Posts
    Sad excuse of what could’ve been a fun weekend. Spent 2500 gold for slop. Continuing my non play
    Anyone got eyes on 6.7-6.10? 
    Skills were changed lol
    On who?
    @everyone - Would it be more valuable to cycle slugfest for xp or woh? 
    Depends on how many cycles you plan to do and how easily you cycle both.  I think slugfest is easier with better round xp, the duplicate xp sucks. 
    @everyone - Would it be more valuable to cycle slugfest for xp or woh? 
    if you are able clear woh easily, then woh for sure.   But likely require you to be plat or above.    So in that case gold and lower, it would be slugfest
    edited May 2020
    FYI, nothing has changed for Royale pitchers lineup. First Royale cycle in Platinum.
  • cb11cb11 Registered Users, Member 341 Posts
    WOH becomes very expensive at gold or below. I'm at gold, and the competitor in me likes to beat it once. But after that, it's not worth it to do full cycles. 
  • drsmartassphddrsmartassphd Registered Users, Member 3,133 Posts
    Depends on what level you are. WoH is rigged so teams at gold and below are lucky to win it once or twice during an event, whereas Slugfest is all about YOUR skill as a player. 
    With WoH you are at the mercy of GLU’s fixed RNG.

Yes, we are aware of the game having crashing issues in the middle of WoH, but we can't compensate you for the gold you lost at this time. This is done on a case by case basis. - TSB Customer Service

I wish I hadn’t gone gold yet bc I was tearing up Slugfest at Silver. Now I’m struggling due to the resource squeeze 

Yes, we are aware of the game having crashing issues in the middle of WoH, but we can't compensate you for the gold you lost at this time. This is done on a case by case basis. - TSB Customer Service

• JCAM80JCAM80 Registered Users, Member 606 Posts
    Diamond Slugfest.... zero enjoyment in this
    JCAM80 said:
    Diamond Slugfest.... zero enjoyment in this

If it makes you feel any better I has beaten in silver at 5.10 today with consecutive 5800 rounds by Suarez. 
    Also, no gold spent. 

I took it out once at gold. I’ve gotten back to 6.10 twice since. Both times I managed to get to extras. Both times in extras I was Nine And Outed. That sucks so effing hard. 

• Wicked0WildcatsWicked0Wildcats Registered Users, Member 1,040 Posts
    Cycled 5 times against Greinke without him even recording a 2nd out on me, and then just like that it's like a switch was flipped and now I've lost to him 12 times in a row without even coming close. The kicker is the guy I'm using actually had lower boosts when I was winning since I was able to upgrade them more recently.

How the RNG can just get thrown out the window is beyond me. A coin doesn't just land on heads 5 straight times and then tails 12 straight times just like that. There's more happening and it's nonsensical. Just make the algorithm legitimate so that the RNG isn't influenced by things completely out of our control. 
    Cycled 5 times against Greinke without him even recording a 2nd out on me, and then just like that it's like a switch was flipped and now I've lost to him 12 times in a row without even coming close. The kicker is the guy I'm using actually had lower boosts when I was winning since I was able to upgrade them more recently.

How the RNG can just get thrown out the window is beyond me. A coin doesn't just land on heads 5 straight times and then tails 12 straight times just like that. There's more happening and it's nonsensical. Just make the algorithm legitimate so that the RNG isn't influenced by things completely out of our control. 

This is one of my biggest pet peeves.  This is NOT “RNG.”  This is GLU shutting off a mode to control resource flow in to the game.