Glu has flagged my account for abuse

odannyboyodannyboy Registered Users, Member 3 Posts
(I posted this first on reddit, but apparently no one there knows what this is about either. Maybe some one here will be able to help me out.)

In costumer care, they told me that upon reviewing my account they "have found unusual activities using an unauthorized cheat tool or exploit in our game". I have absolutely zero idea what they're talking about. Does anyone know what could this issue be? Or where to go to dispute this? I would be pissed either way for being unfairly accused of cheating or something like that, but I'm especially angry because I have spent money in the game, and now I can't collect rewards, message my club, and probably more. And btw, Glu, why on earth would I spend money if I'm cheating, ffs?!

Comments

• BearmeatBearmeat Registered Users, Member 576 Posts
    Can you provide a screenshot of the message you’re getting upon startup?
  • odannyboyodannyboy Registered Users, Member 3 Posts
    Bearmeat said:
    Can you provide a screenshot of the message you’re getting upon startup?
    There's no message, it starts normally. I first noticed something wrong when I tried to collect the rewards from extra bases, and it said there were no rewards (and I had even used some coins to reach 100k point threshold, so I knew there were rewards). It was friday morning, I guess. Then I tried to ask in the club chat if someone were having issues with that too, but the message wouldn't sent. I contacted costumer care inside the app, and they responded what I quoted above, and that they coudn't do anything, just maybe send my case back to be reviewed, and kept inisisting on closing the ticket. Then not another word. It looks like I'm still in my club, but when, for instance, I go see the teams' contributions to the event, it only shows my team. Just a bunch of weird stuff.
  • ToughthundercatsToughthundercats Registered Users, Member 1,959 Posts
    ?
    Weird. I’ve never heard of that at all whatsoever. Maybe see if you can speak with a supervisor? Sorry, I’ve seen a lot of stuff in this game before, but this ones new to me
    The lack of club communication lines up with a soft jail ban.  It does happen from time to time. But, for Extra Bases, that is an individual competition and shouldn’t really matter. The only thing I can think of is that you are in soft jail, and missed the collection period of time for EB. Either way, contact Glu through Email rather than in App. 
  • odannyboyodannyboy Registered Users, Member 3 Posts
    edited May 2020
    Thanks, I did that. I'll wait now. The EB stuff might have been some kinda glitch due to the recent ban, idk, but I there were plenty of time left to collect. I still don't know the reason for the jailing, and I guess I'll never know. Just hoping they rescind it. Thanks for the respose! 
  • meanman23meanman23 Registered Users, Member 6 Posts
    I recommend you stop cheating. I doubt glu is arbitrarily suspending or flagging players
  • dkarski87dkarski87 Registered Users, Member 3,040 Posts
    o it happens all the time. Innocent people get flagged all the time. This is nothing new.
    "Oops we need to restart! Yeap that's 2019 for ya!"
    – The Great Houmy
  • ToughthundercatsToughthundercats Registered Users, Member 1,959 Posts
    Believe me Glu will arbitrarily flag innocent people.
  • BlackFang4BlackFang4 Registered Users, Member 515 Posts
    Just count it a blessing in disguise. And yes Glu has continually flagged completely innocent players like myself.
  • TheFullMonteTheFullMonte Registered Users, Member 1,589 Posts
    Of all the major flaws with this game, among the most egregious are their shadow bans with zero warning or communications 

• jfox320jfox320 Registered Users, Member 1 Posts
    This happened to me last year in 2019 game.  Did nothing wrong, was not cheating and had no idea what would have “flagged” this flawed system.

the customer service would not ever tell me what I did they said they can’t reveal this info after months of asking and asking to escalate/etc

same situation I was able to login and I could play the game but could not participate in club events and my points didn’t count toward the club I couldn’t chat and I would rarely get free gifts.

Also when I tried to bring keepers over they said I couldn’t due to this ban thing

so far have not spent a dime in 2020 version and won’t because I am still paranoid I’d get wrongly banned, maybe if I make it through 2020 I’ll spend some on 2021 but seeing this post makes me upset that it’s still happening 
  • redlegs2018uredlegs2018u Registered Users, Member 1,048 Posts
    Did you by chance have any sort of connection issues (WiFi dropping in and out etc)?  This game does some weird things when the connection isn’t pure and their algorithms sometimes detect that as cheating.