Where are bunts and steals?

SlashlineSlashline Registered Users, Member 80 Posts
Noticing during a bonus game that I am not being offered the chance to bunt or steal when appropriate. I have the setting to EXTREME for both, and yet, here I am with 2 on, none out, and I get no offer to bunt.
Yes, I don't need a lecture on how bunting is a bad idea, when your team hits .500, but a bug is still a bug.

Comments

• BearmeatBearmeat Registered Users, Member 576 Posts
    Stealing is only an available option in close games. Not really sure why. Sometimes it doesn’t even pop up as an option. Very similar to how you can’t put in a pinch hitter if you’re winning. As long as I’ve been playing, the inconsistencies have stayed the same. As for Bunting...I really didn’t think that was really an option lol
  • JCAM80JCAM80 Registered Users, Member 606 Posts
    Steal option goes away once your lead exceeds 7-8 runs. Kind of just an unwritten mercy rule that's been put in place 
  • SlashlineSlashline Registered Users, Member 80 Posts
    I'm talking about the first inning of a 0-0 game. No bunt or steal offer. It seems to come and go randomly in the 2020 version.
  • whynotwhynot Registered Users, Member 1,749 Posts
    Bunting had been an option for years, not sure what is going on with it though.  
    I'm confused by what you mean by 5.7 and 5.8.  You mean the round and level? 
    - Blueleopard
  • iratepirateiratepirate Registered Users, Member 306 Posts
    edited May 2020
    Slightly on topic:
    I have noticed that after 5500 games played my 2 keepers (Ruth and Posada) have less than 7 steal attempts each (and those were maybe when I was manually playing). My other players have many hundreds of stolen bases each. I have "CONSIDER STEALING" set to AVERAGE.

And I am pretty sure that my ML also wasn't stealing the last time I checked, but now he does steal like normal.

Is this happening to anyone else?

Keepers: Ruth/Posada/Paige. ML is SS (RHP/RHP) - I went Platinum June 17
  • retirepujolsretirepujols Registered Users, Member 4,856 Posts
    Slightly on topic:
    I have noticed that after 5500 games played my 2 keepers (Ruth and Posada) have less than 7 steal attempts each (and those were maybe when I was manually playing). My other players have many hundreds of stolen bases each. I have "CONSIDER STEALING" set to AVERAGE.

And I am pretty sure that my ML also wasn't stealing the last time I checked, but now he does steal like normal.

Is this happening to anyone else?

Keepers have much lower speed, and I'm assuming your ML isn't a speedster either. 
    "It's amazing how much work you can put in without gangly-ass legs in the way" - Sir Tdub71
  • iratepirateiratepirate Registered Users, Member 306 Posts
    That's probably it. Thanks!
    Keepers: Ruth/Posada/Paige. ML is SS (RHP/RHP) - I went Platinum June 17
  • BearmeatBearmeat Registered Users, Member 576 Posts
    I don’t what y’all talking aboot. Barry ain’t light in the feet, but he can steal bases.