Bonus Games or Bonus Losses?

CleanupcrewCleanupcrew Registered Users, Member 123 Posts
I'm just saying, this Bonus Games thing is out of hand lol. Losing 5 BGs in a row is crazy. I know Glu likes to keep it interesting when you're closing in on a level boost, but this is extreme lol 😩

Guess I'm still clinging to last season when it was simpler. 😢

We're not going to max out 3 to 4 ⭐ bonus players just to win the bonus games. 🤷🏻‍♂️
T. R. N. ~ Cleanupcrew 

Comments

• CheapVodCheapVod Registered Users, Member 10 Posts
    It seems random to me. I play a team I’m far superior to and lose or vice versa. I start this weekends event with 10 straight losses and then I won about 7 about of 10. This morning I was winning a higher pace and by higher scores.
  • 10feettall10feettall Registered Users, Member 11 Posts
    It’s f%#^n obscene. I’m severely outmatched at least 9 out of every 10 games. How is that fair? How is it supposed to be fun? What possible reason could there even be for making it so impossible? The 2019 version is still full of players who agree that the game has been ruined in ‘20. 
  • AirAssaultAirAssault Registered Users, Member 103 Posts
    What's even more strange than being outmatched and losing is having a TS 20k-30k greater than my opponent and still losing 70% of bonus games.  I've basically just given up on playing BG's until I level up....
  • SheetFreakSheetFreak Registered Users, Member 89 Posts
    i just don't see this.

Maybe I'm an outlier. I'm at P6 and I win at a very high rate. I have all the way through silver, gold and now.
    I've also been relatively patient at making sure my team is built properly. I focus on my upgrades.

I'm only one person, so I'm not going to say the matchmaking algorithm isn't broken. But from my perspective, I haven't seen any issues at all.

For those that say it kicks in at a certain level of wins/games played, I'm currently 4974-266.
    So I've played plenty of games. I'm about 200 BGs away from maxing out P6 and I'm going to be playing most of those today, but won't be going Diamond until the end of the month.

yes the game is pushing leveling. But it's also important to be patient. I see guys going platinum with 60k strength teams and all i can think is thats crazy.
    You aren't going to "win" the game in may. Think real baseball. It's a long season. Be more patient.
    I'm losing 7 out off 10 games in silver against 45k ts when I have 71k ts

yep, that's exactly where i'm at too.

• RodFarvaRodFarva Registered Users, Member 121 Posts
    i just don't see this.

Maybe I'm an outlier. I'm at P6 and I win at a very high rate. I have all the way through silver, gold and now.
    I'm in the exact same boat. 

I'm 3234-137, P6, and I haven't ever had the slightest inkling that the game was turning on me.  I just yesterday closed out P6 and the playoff series is sitting there unplayed.

Tomorrow, the game may decide that I'm done winning, but it hasn't happened yet.
    i just don't see this.

I've also been relatively patient at making sure my team is built properly. I focus on my upgrades.

I'm only one person, so I'm not going to say the matchmaking algorithm isn't broken. But from my perspective, I haven't seen any issues at all.

For those that say it kicks in at a certain level of wins/games played, I'm currently 4974-266.
    So I've played plenty of games. I'm about 200 BGs away from maxing out P6 and I'm going to be playing most of those today, but won't be going Diamond until the end of the month.

yes the game is pushing leveling. But it's also important to be patient. I see guys going platinum with 60k strength teams and all i can think is thats crazy.
    You aren't going to "win" the game in may. Think real baseball. It's a long season. Be more patient.
    Maybe the issue is more prevalent for players in Silver with >65k team strength, or something similar, which is where I am. I'm about to make the jump to Gold, I'm just trying to be patient and save up plenty of resources before I do. And yes, you're exactly right about taking the long term approach to the season, I'm really glad I read advice like this before it was too late and I was already in over my head at the higher tiers. I appreciate all of the tips from more experienced players, like yourself. Thanks
  • SheetFreakSheetFreak Registered Users, Member 89 Posts
    @AirAssault

I think one thing guys need to remember.
    I am making an assumption here, but I'm guessing its relatively safe.
    I am willing to guess that the majority of guys slow play. There are probably more teams in the Silver and Gold tiers than the Platinum or Diamond Tiers. This means that when it comes to matchmaking, you have teams in silver ranging from 20k TS up to 80+k TS. You need to keep this in mind with staying in silver. yes, it's easier to build and save resources, but the pool of teams you are competing against is likely exponentially larger. So your odds of going up against a whale of a silver team is better. It does seem a lot of these people having this issue are sitting in the tiers where people are staying and building their teams.

just an on the spot theory I have.
  • RippersRippers Registered Users, Member 332 Posts
    My team is Gold with a TS of 102k. I've played 5000 games with a .826 winning percentage. Played about 20 games this morning and 15 were against Platinum and Diamond teams. I lost 14 of those. Since I'm determined to stay Gold after playing most of last year at Diamond I've just accepted Bonus game events and Tournaments are not for me. 

@SheetFreak

Yeah that is a good point.  For some the problem with BG's is the matchups, for me it's consistently losing to teams with a TS 30k less than mine. That's what I have a hard time understanding. I won the majority of BG's when I had a TS around 50k going against teams that were around 40k, now i'm losing to similar teams but my TS is 76k. It's honestly not a huge deal to me since i'm more interested in WOF, CvC, etc...I just find all of this interesting.

• MetsicansMetsicans Registered Users, Member 1,046 Posts
    Rippers said:
    My team is Gold with a TS of 102k. I've played 5000 games with a .826 winning percentage. Played about 20 games this morning and 15 were against Platinum and Diamond teams. I lost 14 of those. Since I'm determined to stay Gold after playing most of last year at Diamond I've just accepted Bonus game events and Tournaments are not for me. 
    The problem is eventually you won’t win even the prime event games consistently...that was my experience at silver before I went gold. If you can’t win those, then you are basically just playing WOH. 

To @SheetFreak, you haven’t experienced problems because your total games number is modest. You’ve leveled up at the pace Glu wants. If you had that number of wins in silver, you’d be begging for mercy. 
  • TheFullMonteTheFullMonte Registered Users, Member 1,589 Posts
    RodFarva said:
    i just don't see this.

I'm 3234-137, P6, and I haven't ever had the slightest inkling that the game was turning on me.  I just yesterday closed out P6 and the playoff series is sitting there unplayed.

Tomorrow, the game may decide that I'm done winning, but it hasn't happened yet.
    You’re not far away from the wall.

thing start to change as you approach 4000 games.  Two weeks ago I was hammering folks.  Today I’m down to maybe a 50-60% win rate
    Metsicans said:
    The problem is eventually you won’t win even the prime event games consistently...that was my experience at silver before I went gold. If you can’t win those, then you are basically just playing WOH.

Metsicans said:
    I'm rarely matched with levels higher than Gold in Prime events but don't use Gold for extra plays. I really don't care for Sprint events anyway. So yes I'm down to WOH, CVC, and Target Bash. So I'm playing and spending a lot less than last year. I enjoy building my team and capping players if I'm lucky enough to land one. Last season I finished with 8 ATGs and didn't come close to capping any of them in Diamond. After the grind of Diamond last year this has been more enjoyable despite all of the program bugs.
    You’re not far away from the wall.

thing start to change as you approach 4000 games.  Two weeks ago I was hammering folks.  Today I’m down to maybe a 50-60% win rate
    Just to clarify - you were platinum at 4000 games when your win% dropped like that?
  • Itsouttahere2Itsouttahere2 Registered Users, Member 697 Posts
    RodFarva said:
    i just don't see this.

You haven’t reached the threshold yet so enjoy until you do. 
    Lol.  I quite obviously hit the threshold today.  Most bonus/tournament games are now against teams stacked with D10 players and team strength ratings far surpassing my 115k.
  • Scioscia_FanScioscia_Fan Registered Users, Member 266 Posts
    I have a 73k Silver team with 3700 wins. I win 75-80% of prime games but lose around 90% of bonus games.
    I matchup almost exclusively against platinum teams in bonus and decided after yesterday, I'm done with them.

Something doesn't add up. Many of these platinum teams have P10 pitchers at 240+ yet the team score is like 55k. How is this even possible? Even with B1 donkeys in sub/legend/2-5starter slots, I can barely get that low in silver.
    Are these guys just doing zero upgrades also?
  • xracmanxracman Registered Users, Member 666 Posts
    I have a 73k Silver team with 3700 wins. I win 75-80% of prime games but lose around 90% of bonus games.
    I matchup almost exclusively against platinum teams in bonus and decided after yesterday, I'm done with them.

Something doesn't add up. Many of these platinum teams have P10 pitchers at 240+ yet the team score is like 55k. How is this even possible? Even with B1 donkeys in sub/legend/2-5starter slots, I can barely get that low in silver.
    My personal conspiracy theory is that none of those teams actually exist, they are all part of the algorithm.  I mean, if I'm autoplaying 100 prime games and winning 24-0, the game is picking my opponent.  Why do I not see my team results reflect games where my team is the autoplay opponent for someone else?
  • ReecesReeces Registered Users, Member 122 Posts
    edited May 2020
    xracman said:

My personal conspiracy theory is that none of those teams actually exist, they are all part of the algorithm.  I mean, if I'm autoplaying 100 prime games and winning 24-0, the game is picking my opponent.  Why do I not see my team results reflect games where my team is the autoplay opponent for someone else?
    Because it wouldn't be fair to you or others.. You have no option to counter if the other team want to use gold boost , video boost or ice wrap. I wouldn't want my  record to reflect the beating I take daily from my clubmates.. They love to SS each time they spank me, but i know they only beating me with boost or ice wrapping...lol
    Staying at GOLD in 2020....

• JPosey08JPosey08 Registered Users, Member 2 Posts
    Bonus games have been really good to me, and have been much better to me than in 18' & 19'. I'm currently sitting at 374 Wins6 Losses, and I would honestly guess that 200-225 off my wins have been from playing bonus games. I do know that 2 of my losses came from using the Auto-Complete full game while playing a bonus game, so I wasn't able to manually start playing and prevent the loss. So I guess the bonus game(s) perception is different per each individual players perception. Best of luck going forward!

Proud to be an American. Southern Boy Born & Raised. Fierce Supporter of the Second Amendment. Adversary and Opponent of any Welfare, Handout, or Entitlement Program. If you are not disabled, and still refuse to get a job, YOU are whats wrong with this Country! 🐘 Alabama Crimson Tide Fan for Life 🐘! Rammer Jammer, Yellowhammer, give 'em hell, Alabama!!!
  • Itsouttahere2Itsouttahere2 Registered Users, Member 697 Posts
    JPosey08 said:
    Bonus games have been really good to me, and have been much better to me than in 18' & 19'. I'm currently sitting at 374 Wins6 Losses, and I would honestly guess that 200-225 off my wins have been from playing bonus games. I do know that 2 of my losses came from using the Auto-Complete full game while playing a bonus game, so I wasn't able to manually start playing and prevent the loss. So I guess the bonus game(s) perception is different per each individual players perception. Best of luck going forward!

You either just started or hardly play, You are nowhere near the threshold of where you start losing so enjoy it while you can. 
  • iratepirateiratepirate Registered Users, Member 306 Posts
    edited May 2020
    Reeces said:
    Because it wouldn't be fair to you or others.. You have no option to counter if the other team want to use gold boost , video boost or ice wrap. I wouldn't want my  record to reflect the beating I take daily from my clubmates.. They love to SS each time they spank me, but i know they only beating me with boost or ice wrapping...lol
    And they are always the home team.
    And sometimes you might temporarily have one or two bonus players in your lineup (not leveled above bronze) for a prime event, CVC or whatever. So you might not be at full strength when that snapshot in time occurs.

It would be interesting to see the results other teams have against me though.
    Keepers: Ruth/Posada/Paige. ML is SS (RHP/RHP) - I went Platinum June 17
  • likenightlikenight Registered Users, Member 471 Posts
    I win 1 out of 25 Bonus games. 
    Outmatched every game by a lot despite having a much higher TS. 
    What pisses me off is I have a higher TS than a Platinum team? How the FCK is that?

I just don't play bonus or Tournaments any more. My team strength at it's best is 110K. But tough to score against P10 and Diamond pitchers. One of the biggest disadvantages of staying at Gold.