Worth it to go Diamond?

2Next

Comments

• DFBBDFBB Registered Users, Moderators, Member, Moderator 6,602 Posts
    @sullipa8 the biggest change is that on Monday’s, the cost to sim is painfully expensive. There are other ways to make cash, but it’s tough because many of us relied on WoH for blue cash. 
    If you're not having fun, you're losing.
  • navyjack77navyjack77 Registered Users, Member 1,299 Posts
    I only do the top tower for WOH on Monday, so I’m not sure the costs to sim in the Pro tower, but couldn’t that be a way to build up resources, including XP? I know it wouldn’t be as much, but if you can auto play every round at a much cheaper cash cost, couldn’t that allow for more cycles and more XP? Just wondering.
  • RodFarvaRodFarva Registered Users, Member 121 Posts
    edited May 2020
    DFBB said:
    After I cycle capped Eaton, I joined a stat boost club and it was infinitely easier. 

What is a stat boost club?  
  • DFBBDFBB Registered Users, Moderators, Member, Moderator 6,602 Posts
    RodFarva said:
    DFBB said:
    After I cycle capped Eaton, I joined a stat boost club and it was infinitely easier. 

What is a stat boost club?  
    It works like a discount club. It gives you a 10-20% boost to your ratings, which depends on the accolade that your club wins(Monday). It's an absolute game changer. It works in all modes except for SF related events(derby/Bash).
    If you're not having fun, you're losing.
  • RodFarvaRodFarva Registered Users, Member 121 Posts
    DFBB said:

It works like a discount club. It gives you a 10-20% boost to your ratings, which depends on the accolade that your club wins(Monday). It's an absolute game changer. It works in all modes except for SF related events(derby/Bash).
    Wow.  I've never noticed it as an available accolade.  Thanks.
  • SheetFreakSheetFreak Registered Users, Member 89 Posts
    Salwc2k01 said:
    Same question, different tier. I'm at Gold 6 right now and have all good players and pitching, hitting & few other upgrades maxed yet I can't put together more than a 15-20 game win streak. So, my question is do I stay at Gold 6 and just keep pouring my resources into the player's 2 Skill Levels or go Platinum? I'm tired of reaching 15-20 wins then losing to an inferior team (usually the game right after I refresh my energy). I can't even get past the 2nd round of tournaments or win level 6 rd 10 in WOH. I'm already into this game for close to $650.00. Anyone? 
    I was in basically the exact same situation as you.
    I moved to platinum, and to be fair I'm definitely still winning and WOH is easier. I would have been around the same spent $ as you where you are now.
    The biggest problem is the building of resources. I went up to platinum before all of my upgrades were capped, and without a big stash of cash and xp saved up. It's made for very slow moving at platinum.
    Not to mention I found that at silver and gold, there was still plenty of matches to be had in homerun derby for building gold/cash. Now that I'm at platinum, there's nobody playing. It's dried up what I was planning on using as my primary method of making cash to upgrade. That has by far been the biggest issue I've personally run in to. If there were more consistent matches in that, I'd be able to build a cash store faster.

Am I winning more? yes. So if that is your end game, then you could probably move up and you'll survive. But now that I'm here I wish I had waited until at least mid/end of May and built up more of a stash of xp and cash before making the move to platinum.
    Upgrade and player upgrade get expensive in Platinum. It's slow moving now.

I'm just wondering about even being worth it to go Diamond.
  • SheetFreakSheetFreak Registered Users, Member 89 Posts

No interest in carrying two teams in higher tiers I would imagine.
    No true need to do that, though. Sure you can have your wih/cvc/sf/etc guys, but you dont have to 🤷‍♂️ I guess there are just more efficient ways of earning cash/gold in diamond (and I would assume most plat guys have their eyes on diamond).
    Actually, earning cash is the thing I'm having the hardest time with. What ARE the best/most efficient ways to earn cash in game? 
  • sullipa8sullipa8 Registered Users, Member 564 Posts
    DFBB said:
    DFBB said:
    sucios08 said:
    im at platinum 6 right now with all my best players at p10 should i max all my team upgrade at 80 or just the hitting and pitching before going to diamond?
    I went diamond with 2 diamond bats(Torres and Belly) and six p10 bats. Royale Woh was reasonable and once I was in a stat boost club, it was absolute cake. At the time, my 'hitting' upgrade was at 84 and the other hitting ones were 60.
    So you were beating D10 pitchers in level 6 of Royale WOH with P10 bats?
    IIRC,here are the diamond pitchers in royale:

1)5.10 is d1 Mills
    2)6.4, 6.5, 6.8-610 are d10 pitchers

I used Belly as my closer and Torres at 6.9(both were almost automatic, esp Torres). I used a p10 Manny at 6.7 vs a p10 lefty, my p10 custom vs 6.6, and a p10 Soto vs a 6.5 lefty. It wasn't always smooth, (6.5 was particularly painful at times), but it worked out. 6.8 Hendicks was a problem because I lacked depth. Once I got Eaton to D4ish, he was solid with a video boost. Once I got to 6.9, it was smooth. After I cycle capped Eaton, I joined a stat boost club and it was infinitely easier. 

I want to add that while WoH is cake in diamond, everything else is far from free. The blue cash squeeze is particularly tough unless you're willing to spend a decent amount of money. And of course, it's a major time sink.
    I have a question for you about the blue cash squeeze. Is it that cash is not given out as frequently? Or is it the fact that auto playing WOH costs more than it did last year? I know last year I would make a lot of blue cash from bonus games and then the gloves and balls from club boxes. That seemed to be my main cash source. I’m just trying to understand if they changed that much or is it just from WOH where it’s more expensive and not as much of a cash cow as it used to be.
  • TheFullMonteTheFullMonte Registered Users, Member 1,589 Posts
    sullipa8 said:
    DFBB said:
    DFBB said:
    sucios08 said:
    im at platinum 6 right now with all my best players at p10 should i max all my team upgrade at 80 or just the hitting and pitching before going to diamond?
    I went diamond with 2 diamond bats(Torres and Belly) and six p10 bats. Royale Woh was reasonable and once I was in a stat boost club, it was absolute cake. At the time, my 'hitting' upgrade was at 84 and the other hitting ones were 60.

1)5.10 is d1 Mills

I used Belly as my closer and Torres at 6.9(both were almost automatic, esp Torres). I used a p10 Manny at 6.7 vs a p10 lefty, my p10 custom vs 6.6, and a p10 Soto vs a 6.5 lefty. It wasn't always smooth, (6.5 was particularly painful at times), but it worked out. 6.8 Hendicks was a problem because I lacked depth. Once I got Eaton to D4ish, he was solid with a video boost. Once I got to 6.9, it was smooth. After I cycle capped Eaton, I joined a stat boost club and it was infinitely easier. 

I want to add that while WoH is cake in diamond, everything else is far from free. The blue cash squeeze is particularly tough unless you're willing to spend a decent amount of money. And of course, it's a major time sink.
    I have a question for you about the blue cash squeeze. Is it that cash is not given out as frequently? Or is it the fact that auto playing WOH costs more than it did last year? I know last year I would make a lot of blue cash from bonus games and then the gloves and balls. That seemed to be my main cash source. I’m just trying to understand if they changed that much or is it just from WOH where it’s more expensive and not as much of a cash cow as it used to be.
    Just my .02.....the increased cash cost, and the relative scarcity of it in 20 was to slow people down from cycling and gaining resources without paying for them.  Most people cant (blue cash) afford to just autoplay levels 1-7 each round if you're going to try and cycle cap.  Its forced people to manually play those levels, slowed them down considerably, and choked off the amount of resources flowing in to the game.
  • sullipa8sullipa8 Registered Users, Member 564 Posts
    DFBB said:
    DFBB said:
    sucios08 said:

1)5.10 is d1 Mills

I have a question for you about the blue cash squeeze. Is it that cash is not given out as frequently? Or is it the fact that auto playing WOH costs more than it did last year? I know last year I would make a lot of blue cash from bonus games and then the gloves and balls from club boxes. That seemed to be my main cash source. I’m just trying to understand if they changed that much or is it just from WOH where it’s more expensive and not as much of a cash cow as it used to be.
  • TheFullMonteTheFullMonte Registered Users, Member 1,589 Posts
    sullipa8 said:
    DFBB said:
    DFBB said:
    sucios08 said:

1)5.10 is d1 Mills

I have a question for you about the blue cash squeeze. Is it that cash is not given out as frequently? Or is it the fact that auto playing WOH costs more than it did last year? I know last year I would make a lot of blue cash from bonus games and then the gloves and balls. That seemed to be my main cash source. I’m just trying to understand if they changed that much or is it just from WOH where it’s more expensive and not as much of a cash cow as it used to be.
    Just my .02.....the increased cash cost, and the relative scarcity of it in 20 was to slow people down from cycling and gaining resources without paying for them.  Most people cant (blue cash) afford to just autoplay levels 1-7 each round if you're going to try and cycle cap.  Its forced people to manually play those levels, slowed them down considerably, and choked off the amount of resources flowing in to the game.